[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jalordon

I started playing when A14 came out so I am unaware of what issues already existed, haven't tried to look for a list of old issues.

Reviire

Trying to add a custom faction to the game, I'm unable to get them to spawn with the ammo they need. They only spawn with the loadout generator dummy, which is an issue. Does anyone know how this works?

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Szara

I was only recently introduced to Rimworld, and in that short time I have found that Combat Realism is a wonderful addition, and I'd like to thank NoImageAvailable for developing and Skyarkhangel for continuing development on the mod. Though there's one thing that bugs me, and that's the bulk/weight penalties to move/work. Not saying it isn't realistic, or that it doesn't make sense during an attack, but when there aren't raiders at the gates, you can either micromanage your pawns picking up their gear every time they go somewhere possibly dangerous or hunting, or take an annoying hit to your efficiency. Who the heck holds onto a LMG while they're stonecutting? Just set it down, pawn! Though I'm assuming that setting it to only have an effect while a raid is in progress would be overly complicated.

I've spent about three hours trying to tweak it, but the whole thing is hidden in the DLL, and the closest I've come to unpacking that has thrown errors on several portions of the library (looking at you CompProperties_ExplosiveCR), so recompiling it would just break the whole thing. That was using Telerik JustDecompile, which got me the furthest along. I tried using the Microsoft Visual Studios but it just gave me some strange error when trying to install.

Skyarkhangel, I can see that you've not left the DLL alone, so could you tell me what tools you are using to update it? I'd much appreciate it, and gladly dive back in and mess around with it without breaking it before I've touched a thing.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Yoso

Quote from: Szara on August 07, 2016, 07:53:00 AM
I was only recently introduced to Rimworld, and in that short time I have found that Combat Realism is a wonderful addition, and I'd like to thank NoImageAvailable for developing and Skyarkhangel for continuing development on the mod. Though there's one thing that bugs me, and that's the bulk/weight penalties to move/work. Not saying it isn't realistic, or that it doesn't make sense during an attack, but when there aren't raiders at the gates, you can either micromanage your pawns picking up their gear every time they go somewhere possibly dangerous or hunting, or take an annoying hit to your efficiency. Who the heck holds onto a LMG while they're stonecutting? Just set it down, pawn! Though I'm assuming that setting it to only have an effect while a raid is in progress would be overly complicated.

I've spent about three hours trying to tweak it, but the whole thing is hidden in the DLL, and the closest I've come to unpacking that has thrown errors on several portions of the library (looking at you CompProperties_ExplosiveCR), so recompiling it would just break the whole thing. That was using Telerik JustDecompile, which got me the furthest along. I tried using the Microsoft Visual Studios but it just gave me some strange error when trying to install.

Skyarkhangel, I can see that you've not left the DLL alone, so could you tell me what tools you are using to update it? I'd much appreciate it, and gladly dive back in and mess around with it without breaking it before I've touched a thing.

That's actually one of my favorite features. I let everybody walk around with a pistol but give a rifle to hunters. When there's a raid I switch everyone's uniforms and loadouts to include armor and proper combat weapons then watch them all go running to the armory to kit up. There's not much micromanaging, you just switch loadouts.

Grogfeld

First of all, welcome to Rimworld!

Loadout system was balanced in previous version, even now it's good. Maybe you want to much from your Pawns? OK, hauling your LMG is not comfortable but why to go with it in first place? Make light loadout with small arms, like PDW or pistol, and spare ammo, and then tools. Remember that backpack gives significant boost to bulk limits so its good to have it on a Pawn. Weight limits are linked to movement stat so if you give your pawn bionic legs than he can carry more. It's good to have some bunkers on perimeter with ammo and bigger guns in equipment racks. Also hunting is really efficient with small range guns like shotguns or PDW and rifles only for good shooters. In the beginning i like to target small creatures and go hunting with spear or knife, something with decent DPS and lower cooldown. Latter with guns. The key is always to spend some time to create good loadouts and use it accordingly to situations, and resources you have. This and good priority setting (I recommend Fluffy's Work Tabs with Dwarf Fortress-like job worktab) will make you and your Pawns happy :) I know you didn't want to read this but CR is a big project, I think it was to big for NIA alone, even with some help and making changes to AI to take decisions for having best outfits for the situation can be tricky also expanding bulk/weight over current limits would make it, well, unrealistic in many users opinion, and we're talking about Combat REALISM mod ;)

Sorry for big wall of tekst, I'm waiting for version with less bugs but now I see Skyarkhangel updated it so maybe I give it a try. I hope that Sky's team will make CR playable for every new Rimworld versions.

Lockdown

You shouldn't have to decompile CR, Github includes the entire source project that you can open with Visual Studio or whatever.

You can kinda fix what you want with just XML editing, though. Rather than remove the movement/work speed modifiers entirely, just increase the effectiveness of backpacks/tac-vests/etc and the base weight/bulk capacity of colonists, so you can effortlessly carry that LMG around with no noticeable penalties. More info

Drusek

I have a bug with taming (probably also training) animals. First if my pawn can't carry all that food it throws "10 action" error on pickup. Second when pawn can carry it he just picks it up and immediately put it back on the floor.

Szara

Thank you both for the information, but I've found a glitch now, unrelated to the bulk and weight which I haven't changed yet. CR is not playing nicely with something, somewhere, and ends up preventing traders and yourself from being able to trade silver and a few other items in the trade window.. But only when CR is loaded after whatever the problem is. After a while of troubleshooting (disabling two mods, restarting, creating a new world) I've only found out that it isn't CR alone, nor does the conflict seem to be with GlitterTech, EbD prepare carefully, Vegetable Garden, DE surgeries, and a few other mods I've already forgotten which ones I've tested or not.. Also it doesn't seem that actually generating a new world and colony is necessary to fix the problem after the load order has been sorted. At least I'm not getting any debug messages.

The error which showed in the log was approximately "Tried to make non-stockable thing for trader stock: silver" , substituting silver for a small handful of other items like medicine.

CR version is the 1.6.7.3 A14 SK update by Skyarkhangel (Latest at the time of this post).

Since I solved it by changing the load order I'm obviously not looking for a solution, just putting this up here in case anyone else runs across it.

Also, one of my favorite things about CR has become beanbags rounds for the shotgun. Prisoners rioting in my hellhole cell? I know exactly which pawn is ending that mess!
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Vek17

Quote from: Drusek on August 07, 2016, 11:52:21 AM
I have a bug with taming (probably also training) animals. First if my pawn can't carry all that food it throws "10 action" error on pickup. Second when pawn can carry it he just picks it up and immediately put it back on the floor.

That is a bug with loadouts right now, you can get pawns unstuck but changing their loadout to an empty one as a work around.

AseaHeru

Something that would be nice is a "or" option in load outs, particularly with mods that add in more guns in the same calibers.

Kato_Terrance

Can somebody help me figure out why my colonists are neglecting the fact I have ammo in the stockpile for their weapons which they are refusing to pick up...I don't even have a reload button for the guns they have in their hands and I know everything is compatible.

Grogfeld

Quote from: Kato_Terrance on August 07, 2016, 04:07:06 PM
Can somebody help me figure out why my colonists are neglecting the fact I have ammo in the stockpile for their weapons which they are refusing to pick up...I don't even have a reload button for the guns they have in their hands and I know everything is compatible.

No reload button means that you didn't installed it right. Make sure to restart game every time you install mod, (close it and run again because CCL's restart option doesn't always do it right). Make sure you have CR right after core and CCL. Of course new colony with CR installed is needed. Also make sure you use loadouts correctly ;)

Kato_Terrance

Thanks for the help it is now working correctly cheers.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Jalordon on August 06, 2016, 07:51:41 PM
-Haven't figured out how to reproduce it but a bug occurred in your original release and the current release. Mortar occasionally bugs out and when it fires an error is logged and no shell is fired. from output_log:

Bullet_81mmMortarShell_HE73699 tried to register out of bounds at (-2147483648, 0, -2147483648). Destroying.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Tried to get valid region out of bounds at (-2147483648, 0, -2147483648)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Bullet_81mmMortarShell_HE73699 tried to de-register out of bounds at (-2147483648, 0, -2147483648)

Yes, i know about this bug, it happens when projectile calculates the miss into the outside the game map and shell lost.
Also, if explosive wave affects on end map border will the same error.

Kagemusha12

Perhaps it would be a good idea, to open a new thread, Skyarkhangel ... maybe "[A14]Combat Realism - Reborn"  or something like this.

This would give you the ability to edit the Opening Posting (and, for example, keep the link to the newest version updated, as well as put infos to the newest version therein) :)

Oh and thanks for updating the mod, after the original creator has left the ship :)