[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uskglass

Quote from: mazacik on August 18, 2016, 09:55:49 AM
Hey, no matter where my colonists any pawn gets hit, they die after taking ~50 damage (not mechanoids and animals). Say, they get hit in their leg, index finger and torso for 18 damage each - leg is almost gone, finger is shot off and torso's damaged - but it's nothing lethal, yet the victim's dead. Is this CR's doing? If so, the mod should be renamed to Combat Realism.

I can more or less verify this - just had a raider die with 32 torso damage/17 spine. Didn't seem like enough to kill him.

Lady Wolf

I've had this happen during surgery from two botches while augmenting a colonist, 20 cut to a leg 30 cut to the torso and they died.

Kagemusha12

I cannot say anytrhing about 50 damage,
but I always check the wounds of the raiders that get killed ...
and all too often I also  wondered why they got killed, because they just had wounds to arms and legs
(and often enough, all of them of a non bleeding kind)

Vek17

I believe those deaths are pain related. People get incapacitated by pain and the storyteller decided if they die or become downed instead based on thier population limits.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Vek17 on August 18, 2016, 07:20:32 PM
I believe those deaths are pain related. People get incapacitated by pain and the storyteller decided if they die or become downed instead based on thier population limits.

On a new colony my chars were mining and came across a crypto sleep chamber and opened the caskets to reveal 2 angry pawns. In the ensuing unarmed melee that followed both of these (previously uninjured) pawns were killed from a multitude of bruises from unarmed damage, totaling 50 points once again.

If I still had access to A13 or older I'd check to see if this is an old issue or something new with A14, hopefully someone else can look into it?

Uskglass

Quote from: Vek17 on August 18, 2016, 07:20:32 PM

I had two colonists and this was a lone raider, on Randy, so I doubt it was related to pop limit.

Grogfeld

I have Hardcore SK installed which uses CR and was patched by sky. Version from 16-8-2016. My pawn is downed but not killed this are his injuries:
-Tail (yes its an Orassan) 0/9 Torn off
-Left Leg 0/27 shoot-off
-Right leg 19/27
-Left hand 7/18
that's total 55 BUT it's Orassan and with Tail it has 9 HP more than human but less on hands. 85% Pain - Extreme. Lets see what human can endure.

Next subject Human:
-Right hand 8/20
-Pelvis 13/25
-Right lung 8/20
-Torso 26/50
-Head 22/30

Total: magic 69 and downed not killed. 85% Pain - Extreme

I don't know but this are bad wounds so maybe there is an mechanism that check if pawn die from pain or its related to difficulty level I'm playing on challenging. Or my math is incorrect :P

Also if someone could check HP body levels from pawns and compared to what I pasted.

Statistical_Insanity

Raiders keep spawning with the "loadout generator" dummies. While they still do drop regular ammo when they die, it's still pretty annoying. Does anyone know what could be causing this? All of my mods, including CR and CCL, are up to date to the most recent versions.

My mods: http://i.imgur.com/Edp8y67.png
Pic of the dummie item in a raider's inventory: http://i.imgur.com/Ha3d4JP.png

EDIT: Never mind. Seems if I leave it for a second after the raid begins, the dummy disappears and everything is as it should be. I apologize for the useless post.

Pax_Empyrean

What's the formula for armor damage reduction? I know it works on a flat reduction basis, but beyond that I really have no idea. What does "30%" mean in Combat Realism, for example?

Reviire

Quote from: Pax_Empyrean on August 20, 2016, 03:19:26 PM
What's the formula for armor damage reduction? I know it works on a flat reduction basis, but beyond that I really have no idea. What does "30%" mean in Combat Realism, for example?
I'm going completely off an assumption here, but I think the damage might be calculated with something like Damage x ((Armour - Penetration) / 100). Plus a deflection chance based on armor.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Drogean

Found this on the steam forums

Latest version of Combat Realism mod with a WORKING no ammo patch that doesn't have all the bad side effects of modding it out yourself

Combat Realism - No Ammo Alternative
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s59q85is9g46i05/CombatRealism-1.6.7.3-NoAmmo.zip

not compatible with old games

TrashMan

This mod should be incorporated into the core game

Kagemusha12

Quote from: TrashMan on August 22, 2016, 06:53:01 AM
This mod should be incorporated into the core game

I disagree.
While I likie it and use it, I assume that many players would find it too hard (especially due to the much higher bleeding rate)

Killaim

some of the basic functions would be nice though for the main game.

hold your fire and such is pretty awesome

Vek17

Quote from: Killaim on August 22, 2016, 08:44:59 AM
some of the basic functions would be nice though for the main game.

hold your fire and such is pretty awesome

That is odd as I find the game is significantly easier with CR then without since gunfights always favor the defenders by a large margin.