[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diana Winters

Quote from: Kagemusha12 on August 15, 2016, 09:02:07 PM
Are there any colonist weapons that use the Scythers 5x35mm Charged Cartridges?

Charge Rifles use 6x24mm, so they seem to be useless for them ... therefore I currently wonder whether I should melt them or if there is some other weapon further down the tech tree (haven't reearched everything yet) that uses them

Well my mod (Orassans) adds a weapon that use 5x35 charged ammo ;)

Mhacxk

why im getting black screen when starting rimworld with this mod? anyone can help?

TrashMan

Quote from: Kagemusha12 on August 22, 2016, 08:29:03 AM
Quote from: TrashMan on August 22, 2016, 06:53:01 AM
This mod should be incorporated into the core game

I disagree.
While I likie it and use it, I assume that many players would find it too hard (especially due to the much higher bleeding rate)

With tweaks, of course.
If you add in something like field triage (stabilizing a wounded colonist when picked up), the higher bleed rate should be less of an issue.

Also, the very fact that limbs are far harder to shot off already make it superior to the core game, when a pistol blasts off legs and arms galore.

Szara

Is it possible to set a (custom) key binding for the reload button? That would be fantastic.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Deimos Rast

I'm getting a weird issue (this is what I think is happening): I set up one of my colonists to as animal trainer and I have a husky waiting to be trained for hauling. He, the colonist, is also assigned a kit for mining (just a pickaxe). In order to train the husky he needs to pick up some food and put it in his inventory, but that's not compatible with his loadout (or something), so he immediately drops it back on the ground. Then he picks it up again. Then drops it. Then picks it up again. He proceeds to do this continually at such a rapid pace that it actually throws errors ("colonist has started 10 new jobs in the past 10 ticks" or something) and the game locks him into "Standing" mode until I manually draft him a few times till he gets the message.
I've trained animals just fine before with CR, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Only change since then  is I added in the EPOE patch (not sure if that's still necessary, but everyone kept mentioning it, and I also use EPOE), but I'm skeptical that's it after looking it over.
I could be wrong in my reading of the events. Prioritizing "train husky" works and he carries the food over fine, but then immediately goes back to his dropping it on the ground routine after training finishes.
Any ideas?

---------------------------------------------

With tweaks, of course.
If you add in something like field triage (stabilizing a wounded colonist when picked up), the higher bleed rate should be less of an issue.
Also, the very fact that limbs are far harder to shot off already make it superior to the core game, when a pistol blasts off legs and arms galore.
There is a mod for field surgery. Called...Field Surgery. By JT.

#StopPluginAbuse

sirgzu

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 24, 2016, 03:19:00 AM
I'm getting a weird issue (this is what I think is happening): I set up one of my colonists to as animal trainer and I have a husky waiting to be trained for hauling. He, the colonist, is also assigned a kit for mining (just a pickaxe). In order to train the husky he needs to pick up some food and put it in his inventory, but that's not compatible with his loadout (or something), so he immediately drops it back on the ground. Then he picks it up again. Then drops it. Then picks it up again. He proceeds to do this continually at such a rapid pace that it actually throws errors ("colonist has started 10 new jobs in the past 10 ticks" or something) and the game locks him into "Standing" mode until I manually draft him a few times till he gets the message.
I've trained animals just fine before with CR, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Only change since then  is I added in the EPOE patch (not sure if that's still necessary, but everyone kept mentioning it, and I also use EPOE), but I'm skeptical that's it after looking it over.
I could be wrong in my reading of the events. Prioritizing "train husky" works and he carries the food over fine, but then immediately goes back to his dropping it on the ground routine after training finishes.
Any ideas?

Well spotted, I already reported it here:

https://github.com/skyarkhangel/CombatRealism/issues/5

workaround:

assign kibble or other animal friendly food items to your equipment loadout for tamers

Grogfeld

Well that's well known bug other workaround is to set this colonist loadout as "Nothing" it's the only loadout that has no autoequip function.

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Grogfeld on August 24, 2016, 11:14:01 AM
Well that's well known bug other workaround is to set this colonist loadout as "Nothing" it's the only loadout that has no autoequip function.

Yeah, that's the solution I came to.
#StopPluginAbuse

Exende

using the latest github version:

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver from node <ThingDef Class="Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver" Abstract="True"><category>Projectile</category><tickerType>Normal</tickerType><altitudeLayer>Projectile</altitudeLayer><thingClass>Combat_Realism.BulletCR</thingClass><label>.56-56 Spencer rimfire bullet</label><useHitPoints>False</useHitPoints><neverMultiSelect>True</neverMultiSelect><graphicData><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><texPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Small</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><projectile Class="Combat_Realism.ProjectilePropertiesCR"><damageDef>Bullet</damageDef><speed>63</speed><damageAmountBase>10</damageAmountBase><armorPenetration>0.15</armorPenetration></projectile><defName>Bullet_5656Spencer</defName></ThingDef>

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver from node <ThingDef Abstract="true" Class="Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver"><category>Projectile</category><tickerType>Normal</tickerType><altitudeLayer>Projectile</altitudeLayer><thingClass>Combat_Realism.BulletCR</thingClass><label>.22 LR bullet (FMJ)</label><useHitPoints>False</useHitPoints><neverMultiSelect>True</neverMultiSelect><graphicData><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><texPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Small</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><projectile Class="Combat_Realism.ProjectilePropertiesCR"><damageDef>Bullet</damageDef><speed>68</speed><damageAmountBase>6</damageAmountBase><armorPenetration>0.25</armorPenetration></projectile><defName>Bullet_22LR_FMJ</defName></ThingDef>

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver from node <ThingDef Abstract="true" Class="Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver"><category>Projectile</category><tickerType>Normal</tickerType><altitudeLayer>Projectile</altitudeLayer><thingClass>Combat_Realism.BulletCR</thingClass><label>.22 LR bullet (HP)</label><useHitPoints>False</useHitPoints><neverMultiSelect>True</neverMultiSelect><graphicData><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><texPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Small</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><projectile Class="Combat_Realism.ProjectilePropertiesCR"><damageDef>Bullet</damageDef><speed>68</speed><damageAmountBase>8</damageAmountBase><armorPenetration>0.2</armorPenetration></projectile><defName>Bullet_22LR_HP</defName></ThingDef>

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver from node <ThingDef Abstract="true" Class="Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver"><category>Projectile</category><tickerType>Normal</tickerType><altitudeLayer>Projectile</altitudeLayer><thingClass>Combat_Realism.BulletCR</thingClass><label>.500 S&amp;W Magnum bullet (FMJ)</label><useHitPoints>False</useHitPoints><neverMultiSelect>True</neverMultiSelect><graphicData><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><texPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Small</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><projectile Class="Combat_Realism.ProjectilePropertiesCR"><damageDef>Bullet</damageDef><speed>82</speed><damageAmountBase>17</damageAmountBase><armorPenetration>0.35</armorPenetration></projectile><defName>Bullet_500SW_FMJ</defName></ThingDef>

Could not find type named Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver from node <ThingDef Abstract="true" Class="Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver"><category>Projectile</category><tickerType>Normal</tickerType><altitudeLayer>Projectile</altitudeLayer><thingClass>Combat_Realism.BulletCR</thingClass><label>.500 S&amp;W Magnum bullet (HP)</label><useHitPoints>False</useHitPoints><neverMultiSelect>True</neverMultiSelect><graphicData><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><texPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Small</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><projectile Class="Combat_Realism.ProjectilePropertiesCR"><damageDef>Bullet</damageDef><speed>82</speed><damageAmountBase>20</damageAmountBase><armorPenetration>0.275</armorPenetration></projectile><defName>Bullet_500SW_HP</defName></ThingDef>

Alistaire

Quote from: Exende on August 25, 2016, 12:38:02 AM
using the latest github version:

Blatantly Rimfire v2.1 for CombatRealism 1.6.7.3 being ran with a different CombatRealism version

Are you sure you downloaded CombatRealism 1.6.7.3 (releases) rather than the master branches' 98th commit? Is the mod folder called CombatRealism or CombatRealism-1.6.7.3?

Rimfire v2.1 for CombatRealism 1.6.7.3 ("Rimfire 2.1 CR") was built for the 1.6.7.3 release. The upcoming CR release will be using a different method of dropping casings (which I wrote) and this method removes the older ThingDef_CaseLeaver which explains the errors.

Exende

Omg I am silly, disregard,  i right this in the rimfire thread too .-.

Brokeskull

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 08, 2016, 08:45:28 AM
Just uploaded the 1.6.5 release. It mainly updates melee weapons to A13 by adding bulk, weight and armor penetration stats to melee weapons. With this the mod is fully updated to A13 and out of pre-release. It is also the last update I will do as I am leaving Rimworld modding permanently.

With the complete lack of not only any real support for modding but even base consideration for it (almost every alpha brings with it new internal changes like making various public variables private, which does not affect the base game in any way but breaks mods and makes modding harder than it needs to be) and a number of smaller annoyances like the out of touch community management (Tynan unstickying genuinely useful threads such as well-maintained mod lists while leaving redundant ones up, complete lack of communication on issues such as the whole private variabls thing, that sort of stuff) modding Rimworld has become more of a hassle than it ought to be. At this point I just no longer have the motivation to deal with it all. The only thing keeping me was the fact I wanted to bring CR into a semi-complete state before I go. I did have plans for a melee combat overhaul before I go but since the loadout system took up more time than originally anticipated I have decided to can those plans.

Since people asked for it in the past I have uploaded the ODS sheets with all the weapon stats I used for balancing to github so anyone interested in making gun mods compatible with this can look up how the stats are calculated (keep in mind though, that while the sheets include data for Project Armory guns that data hasn't been updated since the last PA release and is heavily outdated). The zip file also includes my personal todo list where I still have a number of outstanding issues and plans for the future, in case anyone else decides to pick up this project (although somehow I don't see that happening).
sucks to see a great mod leave community, this game is going to be unplayable to me without CR

Pax_Empyrean

Quote from: Brokeskull on August 26, 2016, 02:00:47 AMsucks to see a great mod leave community, this game is going to be unplayable to me without CR
Somebody else has already picked it up. It's not dead.

That said, we really need a new thread for this so people coming here to find it won't see a Nietzsche-esque "MOD IS DEAD" message on the first post.

Ghizmo

Maybe a mod would be so kind as to edit the first post with a note re-directing to the new thread? (If there is one)

jefferyharrell