[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Is the CR-EPOE patch still the same as it was in the OP? Someone said it might be but nobody verified.

Vek17

Quote from: FudgePoly on August 27, 2016, 02:05:24 PM
Is the CR-EPOE patch still the same as it was in the OP? Someone said it might be but nobody verified.

Yes that patch still works just fine.

linkman1234963

can someone link me the CR-EPOE patch, i don't know witch one i sould be using

Dingo

It's in the OP, the CR-EPOE patch in the compatibility section. Just change the targetVersion in About.xml to avoid getting a "mod outdated" error.

skyarkhangel

In master branch ready 1.6.7.4 version. But i am not hurry to move in release. Because, will require update all CR pathes, that add weapon. 1.6.7.3 not compatible with 1.6.7.4!

Adalah217

Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 27, 2016, 08:42:53 PM
In master branch ready 1.6.7.4 version. But i am not hurry to move in release. Because, will require update all CR pathes, that add weapon. 1.6.7.3 not compatible with 1.6.7.4!

So you're saying any patch that adds new weapons will need to be updated to be compatible with 1.6.7.4?

Vek17

Quote from: Adalah217 on August 27, 2016, 10:50:19 PM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 27, 2016, 08:42:53 PM

So you're saying any patch that adds new weapons will need to be updated to be compatible with 1.6.7.4?

Yes, there are some changes to how a few things are handled with ammunition and casings but looking at it quickly there isn't a ton to change that I can see and it shouldn't be too bad migrating from 1.6.7.3 to 1.6.7.4

Alistaire

<isBigGunDropper>True</isBigGunDropper>

<isShotgunShellDropper>True</isShotgunShellDropper>

<ThingDef Class="Combat_Realism.ThingDef_CaseLeaver">
</ThingDef>

to

<projectile>
<dropsCasings>true</dropsCasings>
<casingMoteDefName>Mote_BigShell</casingMoteDefName>
</projectile>

<projectile>
<dropsCasings>true</dropsCasings>
<casingMoteDefName>Mote_ShotgunShell</casingMoteDefName>
</projectile>

<ThingDef>
</ThingDef>

and additionally it is now possible to do the following to cause specific guns not to drop casings (e.g shotgun with brass catcher or charge rifle):

<verbs>
<li Class="Combat_Realism.VerbPropertiesCR">
<ejectsCasings>false</ejectsCasings>
</li>
</verbs>

Vek17

Are you going to wait to update CR to A15 before the release of 1.6.7.4 or are you still targeting A14?

rimdragg

Does anybody know how possible it would be to add sky's version to a pre-existing save? I have a colony I am fairly happy with and don't wish to start anew. Any save file magic I can do to make it work? Every time I try to launch a save, I am faced with a NullReferenceException relating to the map compression I believe (relevant logging here: http://i.imgur.com/r7v5ziQ.png). Any and all help appreciated!

AseaHeru

Depends on if you can edit enough of the file on your own to transfer everything over.

Hrum, I wonder how difficult it would be to make it possible to have the same sort of weapon in different calibers. For instance, some people rechamber their 1911s to fire 22LR in real life, and there are some guns that have been notable for being in dozens of calibers.

For that matter, I wonder how difficult it would be to have procedurally generated weapons, to have a group of raiders come in, for instance, with a bolt action rifle chambered in 5.56NATO and a smg letting off bursts of .40 rimfire.

rimdragg

Quote from: AseaHeru on August 28, 2016, 11:53:46 PM
Depends on if you can edit enough of the file on your own to transfer everything over.

I've tried my best to transfer everything related to CR from a new save to the in-use one, but upon loading up I am still faced with that lovely little error. If you think you're adept enough, maybe I could send you my save and you could check it out? (and my mods list if you wish to test it)

AseaHeru

Probably not. I get about as far as "This would be cool to see" before I wind up hopelessly confused and give up.

Deimos Rast

Quote from: AseaHeru on August 28, 2016, 11:53:46 PM
Hrum, I wonder how difficult it would be to make it possible to have the same sort of weapon in different calibers. For instance, some people rechamber their 1911s to fire 22LR in real life, and there are some guns that have been notable for being in dozens of calibers.

Probably pretty easy.

<verbs>
      <li Class="Combat_Realism.VerbPropertiesCR">
        <verbClass>Combat_Realism.Verb_ShootCR</verbClass>
        <hasStandardCommand>true</hasStandardCommand>
        <projectileDef>Bullet_45ACP_FMJ</projectileDef> <--------------------------
        <warmupTicks>20</warmupTicks>
        <range>10</range>
        <soundCast>ShotPistol</soundCast>
        <soundCastTail>GunTail_Light</soundCastTail>
        <muzzleFlashScale>9</muzzleFlashScale>
      </li>
    </verbs>
<comps>
  <li Class="Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AmmoUser">
    <magazineSize>7</magazineSize>
<reloadTicks>180</reloadTicks>
<ammoSet>AmmoSet_45ACP</ammoSet> <--------------------------