[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

numen0r

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 29, 2015, 11:29:54 PM
Hi hi! :D

Am I the only one getting this fun little yellow thing?

I'm only assuming it comes from this mod, so just to be sure I wanted to check if anyone else is having this issue.
If noone else has it, I'll start to dig around to see if it's an incompatibility with a mod. :)
IT'S DEBUGGING TIME! ᕦ(✧ㅂ✧ˇ)ᕤ

I have the first and second yellow things (XML errors), and I haven't activated this mod yet. and one more yellow error from glitter tech mod, something about mg5 pistol thingdef thingy.

TheSilencedScream

My first two thoughts (my "review," I guess?) on playing:

1.) HOLY **** THE RANGE ON GUNS
2.) That's... unfair. :(

The second one is what I wanted - actual lethality to guns. Sure, killboxes will make quick work of... EVERYTHING, but even a simple hunting mistake will likely be fatal; attacking mortar groups head on is actually challenging now; even having a person pass in front of a turret at the wrong moment is just as fatal as it should be.

People who don't like micro-managing or who favor melee weapons should probably keep away from this mod. If you don't keep a close eye on your colonists, they will die. If they're caught out in the open, they will likely die. If they have a melee weapon and you have the What the Deuce mod installed, they will poo their pants* and then die.

The first... I'm torn on. I do believe the guns needed more range, but I was just being shot at by a laser assault rifle of some sort (forgive me, I didn't check to see what weapon it was), and it seemed to be about 60cs away, at minimum (the accuracy was complete garbage at that range, of course, but it scared me for a bit!).

REVIEW/TL;DR VERSION: While I think the range should be tweak slightly, I think this is a VERY good mod, and should be a staple for anyone looking to add further difficulty and lethality to their games

*(Joke for emphasis: the point is, this mod makes using melee ALMOST impossible).
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Rikiki

The first error"&gt" is a know bug of the Glasswork mod. See this thread for a simple correction.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Latta on January 29, 2015, 11:20:44 PM
This is the shotgun I expected, not vanilla's psuedo-shotgun!
May I use your shotgun source?

Sure. I've released the mod as Creative Commons so you are free to modify and/or include parts of this mod in other mods so long as appropriate credit is given.

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 29, 2015, 11:29:54 PM
Hi hi! :D

Am I the only one getting this fun little yellow thing?

I'm only assuming it comes from this mod, so just to be sure I wanted to check if anyone else is having this issue.
If noone else has it, I'll start to dig around to see if it's an incompatibility with a mod. :)
IT'S DEBUGGING TIME! ᕦ(✧ㅂ✧ˇ)ᕤ

The BodyPartRecord warning was indeed caused by this mod, it seems when calculating the body part coverage I didn't consider that arms and legs also count as part of the torso. I uploaded a hotfix.

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on January 30, 2015, 01:10:33 AM
*(Joke for emphasis: the point is, this mod makes using melee ALMOST impossible).

Well, you know what they say about bringing a knife to a gun fight. ;)

The range calculations are currently a holdover from Realistic Weapons. While it is sound in theory it kinda runs into problems in Rimworld because there are no Z levels and foliage doesn't block shots. I think its good enough on Large Hills and Mountain type maps but on Small Hills and Flat you might run into problems. I've also been considering doing another pass on that in the future although I'd rather wait for some more feedback first.

Also, I'm glad to hear people are liking the mod. :)
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

skullywag

id wait for personal shields before messing with melee and balancing against it. Its gonna be a game changer for melee.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SilverDragon

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 30, 2015, 04:11:56 AM
The BodyPartRecord warning was indeed caused by this mod, it seems when calculating the body part coverage I didn't consider that arms and legs also count as part of the torso. I uploaded a hotfix.

Nice! I'm glad it was this mod so I posted on the right thread! ;D I'm currently running Rimworld with 102 (112 since I bunched up 11 mods into one on Quality of Life), so finding where the errors come from is getting abit tedious.

akiceabear

Could you please attach the mods to the post, rather than just link to a third-party? I find MediaFire extremely frustrating to download from, at least from Asia - constant errors...

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: akiceabear on January 30, 2015, 06:15:05 AM
Could you please attach the mods to the post, rather than just link to a third-party? I find MediaFire extremely frustrating to download from, at least from Asia - constant errors...

Both archives are above the maximum filesize for attachments. The best I could offer you would be to upload it to another mirror like Dropbox.

SilverDragon

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 30, 2015, 07:35:17 AM

Both archives are above the maximum filesize for attachments. The best I could offer you would be to upload it to another mirror like Dropbox.

I prefer dropbox over everything nowadays. Any day. :D

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 30, 2015, 08:30:36 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 30, 2015, 07:35:17 AM

I prefer dropbox over everything nowadays. Any day. :D

They're all the same to me, but I have uploaded it to Dropbox now. Let me know if there are any more download issues.

Cibi

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Scienta on January 30, 2015, 10:10:43 AM
Can I use this without PA, personal preference.

Yes. The main module is a standalone overhaul of all the vanilla weapons and will function without the rest.

popster99

shouldn't there be a modified project armor in the main and defense download

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: popster99 on January 30, 2015, 11:58:49 AM
shouldn't there be a modified project armor in the main and defense download

No, the modified PA version has connection to the Defence Pack.

seanwoody716

I'm not finding the PA files in either of the downloads posted... Maybe I'm missing something?