Any way to remove old bases?

Started by evrett33, January 29, 2015, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evrett33

I've got a world I really like with good names and everything and its starting to fill up with old bases I lost or gave up on..any way to edit those away so I can use those maps again?

GlassDeviant

I am not sure what you're asking here.

OldVamp

I think deleting the save in 'load colony' will remove them? I am not sure.
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

evrett33

Quote from: GlassDeviant on January 30, 2015, 12:39:07 AM
I am not sure what you're asking here.

On the world map there a bunch of places where ive built colonies in the past. I can no longer use that spot on the map because there was a base there. Those spots are the favored environmental conditions I like to build bases in and I'm wondering if there was any way to get rid of the old base (the save is long gone) and start a colony on that spot again,.

GlassDeviant

Still lost.

Either I am just so inexperienced with the game that I am missing some of the background info regarding what you are saying, or you're not providing enough detail for me to grok your problem.

TheSilencedScream

I understand what he's saying. He wants the same world seed, just without any colonies he's built on it.

There's a way to find the seed by looking into your files, but - unfortunately - I do not know of it. :(
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

The-MathMog

From what I've found, there is no way to currently remove them. There probably is a way, by going into the game files, but that is out of my reach.

Boboid

Frankly the easiest solution is to simply create a new world and scour it for your ideal locations, there's no limit to the amount of worlds you can have and realistically no disadvantage to doing so as there's no interaction between colonies on the same world.

It's not exactly the solution you're after but it works.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

evrett33

I've actually got the world seed. Its the faction names/balance that I want to preserve this particular world. When you regen the world with the seed the land stays the same but the factions change.

skullywag

I suppose ot really depends if the world file is editable. Ive never tried, if it isnt, i think youre out of luck.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Coenmcj

I usually switch worlds inbetween saves/colonies... but would this snippet of code be what you're looking for?
It's in the .rww world files, just ctrl + F for 'colony'
<li Class="Faction">
<def>Colony</def>
<name>Colony</name>
<homeSquare>(96, 54)</homeSquare>
<randomKey>1080605852</randomKey>
<leader IsNull="True" />
<relations>
<li Class="FactionRelation">
<other>Spacer726174120</other>
</li>
<other>Spacer1031139743</other>
<goodwill>-100</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
<other>TheDaughter'sTree310114245</other>
<goodwill>-36.31441</goodwill>
</li>
<other>WhipTeam46994537</other>
<goodwill>-93.26384</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
<other>TheAmbasOfTheForest140815659</other>
<goodwill>-34.35593</goodwill>
</li>
<other>AMechanoidHive1089896314</other>
<goodwill>-100</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
<other>SearaOfWren741894725</other>
<goodwill>-74.30683</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
<other>SwordBand591352683</other>
<goodwill>-95.16534</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
</relations>
</li>

That seems like the only thing in the world file that would make sense. I'd backup your world before you do it though, just to be on the safe side.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

skullywag

I reckon as long as you remove that and dont leave broken/unclosed tags youll be fine. Tge map is just a visual representation of that code so...change the code, change the map.

Sorrow

Couldn't you just write down the seed for the map, delete the map, and then re-roll it?

milon

^ This.  You don't even have to delete it, I think.  You should be okay to just re-seed the same thing.  Just don't get the names mixed up.  ;)

skullywag

Some things are not locked to the seed is the point i think. He wants it EXACTLY the same.