Moving Furniture like Art

Started by Darth Fool, January 30, 2015, 01:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Fool

I have for a while thought it silly that when I make a table or a bed that the only way to move it was to deconstruct it, possibly losing resources in the process, and then build a new one.  It would be nice to be able to just move it.  It has occurred to me that with the new mechanics for installing and uninstalling statues, that a similar game mechanism could be used for furniture, allowing you to build it once and then just move it around as necessary.  Some things might still be too big(research table), but it would be a nice improvement.

Ok, do you agree?  Time to poke holes in the idea...

Shinzy

I tried to make a mod that would of added those minified decorations and furniture so there could be tons of different kinds without them cluttering up the furniture/decor tabs like crazy
but my rare super plant pot only plopped errors when installed and then even duplicated itself
and the colonists wouldn't consider my chair as a chair at all and sit on it after being installed

So yes! I would love this to be a thing! ;D
imagine unique worm-devoured antique, trader only, polished mahogany highback chair for your colony leader
mmm

Eleazar

kingtyris

I've made this suggestion before, its not game breaking but a little silly to have to deconstruct and reconstruct furniture to move it. +1