[MOD] (Alpha 9) Half-Rim 1 (v0.5.1b)

Started by SlimeCrusher, February 12, 2015, 04:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimeCrusher

version 0.5.1b

Introduction:

This mod is a recreation of Half-Life 1 (not hl2), it adds new enemies, factions, weapons and buildings, all from the original 1998 release (so no HD pack stuff sorry, only the hecu helmet is hd-based), this mod is still a WIP and needs a lot of tweaking, so play at your own risk. You will have to make a NEW WORLD to play this anyway.
This mod is a WIP, but should be ready to play, i still need to add 1 or 2 more factions, but don't worry, i'll try to add alot of stuff per release so you can play without having to update every 2 days.

Credits:
Coding: SlimeCrusher
Textures: SlimeCrusher
Inspiration: Valve co.
Sounds: Valve co.
Black Mesa: Source team (hivehand pickup sound)

Current content:
Note: Most of these textures are FINAL, BUT! If you have even better textures, contact me and i may add them if i think they fit well enough. (will credit you of course)
(shinzy? joeyslucky22? anybody? lol)

.Weapons: They all come from the original game.

(left-right)MP5SD, Glock 17c, Colt Python, Crossbow, Crowbar, Gluon gun(hopefully will added for next release), Tau Cannon, Hivehand, Mk2 Grenade, RPG, Satchel(hopefully will added for next release) and SPAS-12

.Creatures: They all come from the original game too, they were vanillazed (i.e chopped their arms and legs off)

(left-right) Alien Grunt, Alien Slave (i refuse to call them vortigaunts), Snark, Headcrab, (WIP) Houndeye (i need to find a way to implement sonic attack, it lacks sounds) and Bullsquid.

.Apparel: They all come from the original game, most textures are placeholder, so if anyone has got better textures, tell me!

(left-right) Balaclava with skigoggles, miltary beret, (placeholder textures) camouflage shirt, fingerless gloves, HECU gas mask, glasses and security guard helmet.

Changelog:
V0.1: Initial release
V0.2: Added WIP headcrab pawn
Added WIP HEV helmet
Added weapons: SPAS12, RPG, Crossbow (special sound effects for the RPG).
V0.3: Finished headcrab pawn.
Added (WIP, needs sounds) Alien Grunt and Snark pawns.
Added Hivehand weapon, rebalanced RPG.
Added (WIP) HEV Mk.IV suit, HECU Gas mask and Camouflage shirt.
V0.5: Finished Alien Grunt pawn
Rebalanced Snark, no longer explodes (very buggy so i had to remove it) and are now easier to kill.
Added HECU faction called "the government" (bug: may spawn 2 hecu factions in a single map)
Rebalanced HECU RPG, it is now much more powerful, but not OP.
Rebalanced Tau Cannon, it fires faster, it used to be REALLY inaccuarate, and with the reload time, it made the gun useless.
Added Mk.2 Grenade.
Added "Make plastic explosive" recipe (plastic explosive is useless atm, will be used to craft satchels)
Added Mixing Table
Added Potassium Chlorate item
Added Petroleum Jelly item
Added Mockup Plastic Explosive item
Added Alien Slave pawn (i refuse to rename them "vortigaunts")
Added Bullsquid pawn
Added (just textures) Houndeye pawn. (I have no idea how the sonic attack will work.)
Temporarly removed HEV suit and helmet, will readd once i have better textures.
Added apparel: Glasses, Balaclava with skigoggles, fingerless gloves and beret. Fixed gasmask clipping through the "wide" head texture.
Modified glock graphic, now ACTUALLY looks like a glock and not like an usp45
Added building "HECU Sentry turret", a turret with low health, but its cheap and fires fast, it also explodes in a smaller radius. (comparing to generic turret)
Plus some extra little stuff i forgot.
V0.5.1:Updated to Alpha 9.
Added Houndeye pawn without sounds (wip).
Added Security guard helmet.
Rebalanced weapons so they match vanilla weapons.
Started working on Half-Rim: Opposing Faction expansion pack, not included ATM.
Fixed wrong version date (0.4 instead of 0.5.1) in "About.xml".
This update isn't very big, i just wanted to get it updated with Alpha 9 so i could work on other stuff.
V0.5.1b: Readded grenade and crowbar, i accidentally deleted them [s]because i'm an idiot[/s].

Ingame screenshots:

(Click them to make them bigger)

In this image you can see all buildings, items and weapons added in the mod.

Xenians coming! (bullsquids, headcrabs and a slave)

Ditto.

HECU soldiers (balaclava soldiers wield spas 12, the rest mp5)

Download:

Click to Download (Dropbox)

How to install and play:
-Unzip the files using winrar, winzip or 7zip, and copy the files to your Rimworld/Mods folder.
-Activate the mod ingame via "Mods" menu.
-Create a new world and colony, otherwise you will not find any stuff that this mod offers.
-Enjoy the unfinished world of Gordon Freeman!

Known Issues:
N/A, I'm sure there are quite a bit of issues here and there, so if you do find one, tell me and hopefully it'll be fixed!

Incompatible with:
Anything that overwrites the pants def, i'm lazy to make camo pants.

Note:
While i CAN make textures myself, i struggle to make torso apparel that looks good, and i can't code in C#, so if any artists/coders are passing by, i would love any help i can get.

Please, leave feedback on what i should tweak and modify, to make it better for everyone! I can't make a mod if no one ever leaves feedback, for me it means that even if i put alot of work into it, no one will ever care, but right now i'm still doing progress, so if you liked to play this mod, leave your opinions on how i could make this mod better, it helps alot!  ;)
NEW- I took a bit of a rest from making this, but i should start working on it in a few days. Sorry :P

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Tynan

Great idea! You should defs post some screenshots here.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Viceroy

You should make a headcrab as a helmet and spawn a new faction of zombies that wear them.
Dog goes moo!

gabrieldemiranda

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: Tynan on February 13, 2015, 02:35:48 AM
Great idea! You should defs post some screenshots here.
Will do!  ;D
Quote from: Viceroy on February 13, 2015, 07:02:43 AM
You should make a headcrab as a helmet and spawn a new faction of zombies that wear them.
I could, but then that would mean that your colonists could use those "helmets" for themselves, and it would look strange  :-\ That's why i preffer to just make a new pawn using the "Thin" body type as a reference, then copy the headcrab on top of that. It'll be a long time before i actually get into making the zombies, i'll make the scientist and guards first.

SlimeCrusher

Updated to Alpha 9  ;D

Edit: OH CRAP!! I've just noticed i forgot to readd the crowbar and the grenade, i removed them so i could update the guns definitions easier, to later readd them lol.
Sorry for inconvenience, will get that fixed ASAP!

kokuto