W| 254b Goons don't eat.

Started by otfeldodja, November 10, 2013, 11:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otfeldodja

I have a somewhat new colony (build 254) going well until I lost a portion in a massive fire, including the food dispenser.

I rebuilt the food dispenser, and it says it is functional, but:

Colonists do not seem to be using it.
Colonists are eating food raw.
Some Colonists choose not to even eat food raw, though there is plenty.
Colonists do not seem to get food from stock, they will only harvest it directly from fields or pick it up there.
Colonists are listed as starving even though their needs tab says their food need is 0.

So of course things are falling apart and everyone is having a mental break.

Mr.fluffybunyyfluff

veriosn: RimWorld254b

summary: well pretty much i have lots of raw food on my farms and i realized that my people wernt using the food synthesiser. I rebuilt the food synthesiser but they still would put it into the machine, i also noticed they were not bringing it into the stockpile.

Semmy

changed your title since it only held the version number

Is the raw food on the ground in forbidden state?
Is the nutrient machine powered? and reachable?

Are your goons maybe conscripted if they dont haul?
Do they haul with if you manualy prioritize them?

Thanks for your time
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

SteveAdamo

all good questions from Semmy... in regards to being reachable, and just for additional detail, is the synthesizer inside a prisoner area?

merged with a similar thread...

otfeldodja

Not forbidden, yes powered and reachable.

Not conscripted, and yes if I prioritize to haul the food they do.

The comment about prisoner area may be the key.  I will have to check later but I think it may be that I added a prisoner bed at the other end of a long hallway and did not enclose it, so it is all contiguous with the area that has both the nutrient machine and gathering area.

I did notice that the prisoner used the nutrient machine at one point (while still a prisoner) so that seems likely.

Semmy

That most likely will be the problem
I would advice building some kind of a messhall with tables lightning a carpet etc.
Will make your goons happy aswell.

If this is not the problem please inform us.
Thanks alot for reporting.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

otfeldodja

Confirmed, there was a prisoner bed in the same space (albeit a looong way away).  After I removed it the colonists went back to using the nutrient dispenser.

Though I still don't understand why they would mostly not eat food raw, when there was plenty of it around.