[Mod Request] Adventure Mode.

Started by FettaCheese, January 31, 2015, 10:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FettaCheese

First thing I'd like to say is that this would probably be a really hard mod and take a long time to do or quite frankly impossible.

Adventure Mode:

Core Idea:
Let people create custom adventure/challenge maps. Currently Scenarios are only there to set up the situation and map. What I seek is the ability to not only control the start of the map but how the Colonist/Player goes through the map. For example, if I where to recreate Legend of Zelda in Rimworld and made a scenario for players to go through it. Though the moment the player is in the map he/she is free to do what ever they please. The idea of this mod is to "force" the player to "adventure" through the map as how you wanted them to.

• Add Locked Doors which can only be unlocked by having a key
  • Take away the ability to Mine
  • Add traps / puzzle functionality. {Push-able Blocks, Trap holes, etc.}
  • Add one time use Chests. {Destroys itself after use}
  • Prevent viewing map until visited by Colonist
  • Place-able Void where Colonist can not walk on but build on
  • Item input detection. {If you place the correct item inside input would output different object}
[li]Place-able Terrain {Swamp, Mountains, Water, etc.}
[/li][/list]

Usage:
Creating custom Adventure / Puzzle maps.
With your own modding: Create a map which works like Feed The Beast / Sky Blocks (Minecraft) with usage of Tech Trees
Etc.

Other:
Thoughts on the idea on other ways to incorporate this if it became a thing?

Igabod

ItchyFlea has said he is going to be doing a bunch of new custom scenarios for the EdB Scenarios mod. He has already released one called Boommuffalo in Windy Valley

FettaCheese

Quote from: Igabod on February 01, 2015, 02:00:46 AM
ItchyFlea has said he is going to be doing a bunch of new custom scenarios for the EdB Scenarios mod. He has already released one called Boommuffalo in Windy Valley

Well this is not really for a scenario, it's more for custom adventure map creators. Just to add a new element to Rimworld. I'm sure that scenario's can fill that gap. But this is for I guess, everyone else who can't necessarily mod.

Igabod

Quote from: FettaCheese on February 01, 2015, 02:05:30 AM
Quote from: Igabod on February 01, 2015, 02:00:46 AM

Well this is not really for a scenario, it's more for custom map creators. Just to add a new element to Rimworld.

EdB added in the ability to create custom maps and set up a challenge of your own making. ItchyFlea did exactly that with the Boommuffalo scenario. You should visit both of those threads and make some suggestions. If what you are looking for exactly isn't possible yet, EdB may make it possible to be done in a scenario. And ItchyFlea may make a scenario for you based on your description. He has already granted two requests that I know of for scenarios.

FettaCheese

Yeah, after going through the mod, it is not exactly what I am looking for. I'm sure using the mod to coincide with my idea would make it so much easier to start the maps but it doesn't exactly add the features I'm looking for.