[A9] Events from space - Meteors/Meteorites/RazorRain

Started by skullywag, February 01, 2015, 05:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Hi all,

You may remember this mod from A6:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4180.0

I personally loved it and had a A7 update i forgot to give to the maintainer (Jerethi50). I was playing today and really wanted a stone type that wasnt on the map and traders were letting me down, then i remembered this mod...2 hours later and here we are.

Its basically exactly the same with all updated code, the only thing I havent figured out is the funky animation of the blurry meteorite as its inflight, but it looks fine as is to be honest. Ive added the new stone types to replace the old single stone type, however I havent added new coloured textures so for now click on em to find out what type of rock it is, ill add some coloured ones in the next update to this (yes I have plans).

If Jerethi50 is watching I will hand this back over to you if you so desire, or even colab on it with you if you want to get back into modding but need some help keeping it updated.

Anyways:

Download Meteorites

Ive also added another mod here based on the above called RazorRain, makes rather large meteor showers that cause explosions on impact, they each drop 1 steel. Debating adding other materials but its steel only for now.

Download RazorRain

Enjoy!
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

HBKRKO619

Thank you skullywag for reviving this "old" good mod :)

f0xh0und696

SilverDragon

Yay more Stuff! I'll be taking that thank you very much! ;D

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

inman30

I remember that mod... Thanks anyways for at least the effort.  :D

OmegariusWolf

Just a small question.
What does this mood relay Do????
I'm sorry if I'm being a noob but there is no actual description of what this mod actually does.

OldVamp

it adds 2 events
a single mine-able meteorite falls from the sky
a storm of mine-able meteorites fall from the sky and wreak havock
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

OmegariusWolf

Quote from: OldVamp on February 03, 2015, 08:08:18 PM
it adds 2 events
a single mine-able meteorite falls from the sky
a storm of mine-able meteorites fall from the sky and wreak havock
Pretty cool indeed   ;D

skullywag

Updated to add smoke trails (which look awesome btw) and tweaked the cell checking so they dont fall through mountains anymore.

apljee

Sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a go later. :)

skullywag

Updated to Alpha9, added fancy new smoke/flash trails. weeeeee!

skullywag

Viceroy

Events from spaaaAAAAAaaaaace!!!

So awesome. Really digging it. Pretty gnarl.
Hey can I propose another event from space? (rhetorical)

How come pirates can drop massafakkas on you from space but they never give you a spot of orbital bombardment. Think how awesome it could be if you had to keep a jammer active to keep them from targeting your site when the ship is overhead. So if power fails you get slugged from spaaaaaace!!!

Or some dynamic where it is their firing solution vs your ECM or what have you. Or even just a simple bombardment event from the local pirate asshats.
Dog goes moo!

re1wind

Interesting story: A meteor landed in the middle of my solar farm, i lost 4 solar panels. It did create a memorable moment though.  :P

Hmmm... i wonder if it's possible to add in a 'story' for a sculpture/artwork based on significant meteor impacts.