Several orbital trade beacons

Started by Artblya, February 04, 2015, 06:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artblya

Hello, guys,

As most of us I sometimes want to keep my stuff organized, at least in Rimworld.
So can I build several orbital trade beacons in order to keep flexible distribution system within my colony? And if so, will all of them function as a whole?

Thank you
The four most common chemically active elements in the universe—hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, and nitrogen—are the four most common elements of life on Earth. We are not simply in the universe. The universe is in us.

Shinzy

uhuuuh! yes you caaaaan!

I'm unsure how it picks which one to send bought stuff into though
think it mite drop ordered goods on the beacon closest to your comms console
but can't confirm

but you can have multiple beacons all over the map and they'll all work

Artblya

The four most common chemically active elements in the universe—hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, and nitrogen—are the four most common elements of life on Earth. We are not simply in the universe. The universe is in us.

EscapeZeppelin

Someone came up with the idea of covering the map with trade beacons and selling siegers' equipment out from under them. Haven't had the chance to try it yet since it would require a ship be in orbit right at that moment.

JimmyAgnt007

the thing about trade beacons. 

the first one you build is the primary, if you arnt sure then sell something, the silver will drop in the primary area.  also the primary is the place where the raiders will drop pod on you.  so either make the primary far away from your base or put it in a killbox.  i prefer a killbox so your colonists dont have to go far to gather the silver from your sales.

you can change your primary by deconstructing it, the next oldest one will become the primary and so on. 

PhenomTaker

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on February 04, 2015, 10:53:06 AM

the first one you build is the primary [...] you can change your primary by deconstructing it, the next oldest one will become the primary and so on.
Yep, that's right! :)

ZestyLemons

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on February 04, 2015, 09:51:05 AM
Someone came up with the idea of covering the map with trade beacons and selling siegers' equipment out from under them. Haven't had the chance to try it yet since it would require a ship be in orbit right at that moment.

This is a pretty insane strat, whoa.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Dave-In-Texas

If it works Tynan will just make the raiders hate trade beacons :)
edit: which, when you think about it - they probably should already attack them as exposed and important infrastructure.

Boboid

Raiders already don't particularly like trade beacons, they're on the list of " Random objects to be targeted when not being attacked"

Also I think you'd spend a lot more steel on trade beacons than you would on say.. a few mortars of you own :P
Plus you'd only be able to sell their food, so they'd still shell you for a while.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Artblya

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on February 05, 2015, 07:57:59 AM
If it works Tynan will just make the raiders hate trade beacons :)
edit: which, when you think about it - they probably should already attack them as exposed and important infrastructure.

Then if I have some open areas (not natural rock walls) that I want raiders to avoid while attacking, I can probably use beacons to attract them to the entrance I need where they can finally find their death )

Quote from: Boboid on February 05, 2015, 08:02:50 AM
Also I think you'd spend a lot more steel on trade beacons than you would on say.. a few mortars of you own :P
So far I haven’t found any particular help from mortars, but I see your point )

milon

Incendiary mortars. Because flammable things include food, enemy mortars, and raiders.  ;)