Do I sell or keep this (Legenary plasteel sculpture)

Started by muffins, February 01, 2015, 08:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cat123

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 02, 2015, 03:29:37 AM

Certain backgrounds always have certain names attached to them. IIRC pop-idols (very high art scores) will always be called Min, fighter controllers are always names Bashkire etc.

Neat Dune reference?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_Teg

/tangent off

EscapeZeppelin

It's too beautiful to be sullied by the grubby paws of your colonists. Burn it quickly, preserving it's perfect essence forever.

muffins

My colonists are far superior creatures to the average grubby pawns that you usually encounter in colonies. My colonists eat their meals off a silver table in a grand dining hall surrounded by fine art. There's no gnawing of raw potatoes while sitting on the ground as in other, lesser colonies.

I've installed the sculpture in the middle of the grand dining hall. My colonists are so accustomed to fine art and fine living that I doubt they even notice it.

milon

^ And yet, for all their culture, Raygun sleeps in said Grand Dining Hall.  For shame!

muffins

Quote from: milon on February 02, 2015, 06:43:10 PM
^ And yet, for all their culture, Raygun sleeps in said Grand Dining Hall.  For shame!

Raygun lost 70% of her brain in this incident. The poor thing is so slow now that she risked starving to death just walking from her old bedroom to the dining hall. Less civilised colonies would have just let her die and turn her into food and clothing, dumping what was left of her corpse in a dumping stockpile with the rubbish. Not in my colony! We're civilised and take care of our less fortunate members!

Boboid

Quote from: muffins on February 02, 2015, 07:10:48 PM
Less civilised colonies would have just let her die and turn her into food and clothing, dumping what was left of her corpse in a dumping stockpile with the rubbish.

It's true, all my colonists are wearing the skins of our fallen friends and foes alike. Human leather for everyone!
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

postm00v

Ugh. My colonists are all a bunch of pansies. I once chopped up a raider for food. They don't like eating human flesh it turns out.

Some even cry when they see a dead raider on the ground, guts spilled everywhere. Even though that same raider wanted to kill them a minute ago.

muffins

We don't eat or skin fallen colonists in my colony. We're civilised.

(Well ... we skin raiders and make clothes with their hides, but ... but we don't eat their flesh! That would be uncivilised!)

This was Brana, our first fatality and first occupant of the colony's crypt. She fell manning the battlements against an attack of centipedes. Now she fights centipedes in the afterlife  :'(

Boboid

Fwaa what a waste.. There's good eating on that.

I reckon' I could feed a colonist for a week or two on that.
And there's probably a cowboy hat's worth of leather on there!

And the space! I could cram 4 or 5 prisoners into that tomb!
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

EscapeZeppelin

Shinzy

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on February 04, 2015, 09:48:46 AM
My colony is totally getting a crypt now.
Same! *nods*

Post your ideas online Muffy
and they'll get snatched by bunch of monkeyapes!

hunter2012

great crypt idea though i think the colonists will get unhappy thoughts for unburried colonist

postm00v

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on February 04, 2015, 09:48:46 AM
My colony is totally getting a crypt now.

Yeah I built one as soon as I saw his post. Excellent idea.

milon

Quote from: hunter2012 on February 05, 2015, 01:05:26 AM
great crypt idea though i think the colonists will get unhappy thoughts for unburried colonist

Only if they actually see them. Note the Forbidden Door of Impassability.