Do I sell or keep this (Legenary plasteel sculpture)

Started by muffins, February 01, 2015, 08:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muffins

"Oh, Min has finished another sculpture. Looks like it's made of plasteel. Lets have a closer look."

Grey Wisdom, a Legendary abstract sculpture in plasteel, created by Minyoung 'Min' Kim in the second year.

The sculpture has 1200 beauty and worth 27000 silver.

Oh ... my ... gawd

Should I sell this? Power armour and weapons are in short supply in my colony and I could do with the money. What happens if I install it?

Boboid

I have no idea what you ought to do, but why are all the colonists with high artistic skill inexplicably called Min?
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

userfredle

This needs to be fixed, either that sculpture should be 1/5th - 1/10th less worth the silver, OR an insanely small chance of building even with very high skill 12+

muffins

I guess it's similar to all the Roman emperors calling themselves "Caesar". In the ancient history of the RimWorld universe there must have been an artist called "Min" that was so great and talented that the name became synonymous with "great artist". Thus, later generations of artists tended to adopt the name "Min" as a title.

EDIT - Min sculpts non-stop and has (last I checked) 19 in art. This is the first legendary sculpture she has made in the two years she has been sculpting.

userfredle

Quote from: muffins on February 01, 2015, 09:26:17 PM

EDIT - Min sculpts non-stop and has (last I checked) 19 in art. This is the first legendary sculpture she has made in the two years she has been sculpting.

Then i guess tynans already on that shit before we can complain :P

tuver

Should you sell it or not, better question is can you sell it.

ousire

Wow, I've never gotten a statue that nice. I'd be too afraid to ever make a statue out of plasteel :P

skullywag

ive seen around 9000 gold on traders. only way youre selling it is to buy everything the trader has so he has the money. This was on Tynans list to address (all the values need adjusting), not sure if itll be fixed on A9 though, unles he already has and ive missed it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Akyla

He has:

Dec 16
Rebalanced gold and silver ore commonality, pawn skill gain and loss rates, item creation quality from creator skill.
Added post-process curve to reduce prices traders will pay for very expensive items.
Rebalanced parkas so they reduce work speed.
Cremation is now a hauler job.
Mood now affects work speed.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Boboid on February 01, 2015, 08:59:49 PM
I have no idea what you ought to do, but why are all the colonists with high artistic skill inexplicably called Min?

Certain backgrounds always have certain names attached to them. IIRC pop-idols (very high art scores) will always be called Min, fighter controllers are always names Bashkire etc.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Apophis

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 02, 2015, 03:29:37 AM

Certain backgrounds always have certain names attached to them. IIRC pop-idols (very high art scores) will always be called Min, fighter controllers are always names Bashkire etc.

Not exactly, certain characters are put into the game because of the kickstarter. These characters have names and backstories. Other combination of backstories and names are also possible, only less likely. So if you replace 'always' with 'often' in the above text, it would be quite accurate.

Shinzy

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 02, 2015, 03:29:37 AM

and all the mentally unstable and crazy plant experts are called Riesling Bacchus!

giannikampa

let's don't forget Christian the Undertaker!

Btw I'd sell that sculpture, and go for gold ones:legendaries have much more beauty
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Boboid

Quote from: muffins on February 01, 2015, 09:26:17 PM
I guess it's similar to all the Roman emperors calling themselves "Caesar". In the ancient history of the RimWorld universe there must have been an artist called "Min" that was so great and talented that the name became synonymous with "great artist". Thus, later generations of artists tended to adopt the name "Min" as a title.

The great roman Emperor MIN(G) the merciless! Praised for his/her skill at art.

And tendency to destroy planets.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

hunter2012

do wat you want but....Winter is coming .......and  by winter i mean raiders