[A13] More Sun Lamps (Version 13.1 for Alpha 13))

Started by Rock5, February 02, 2015, 06:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

Version 1.0 has been released. Check out the first post.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

More Sun Lamps is Alpha 9 compatible without needing to be updated.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

I updated it anyway with the few tiny changes to the sun lamp. Now version 1.1.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

IWannaChaos

The Sun Pillar comes in handy and it has a cool name too. Thanks for the mod.

Rock5

Yay! First comment since the initial release. Here is a "Mystery Prize" for you. I don't know what this particular box has in it but I hope it's something you like.  ;D
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rathael

Sometimes no comments can be good. It means that it doesn't break anything. ;)

IAMEPSIL0N

I was wondering if there are any plans for A10 or A11.

dismar

I love the mods that Rock5 has made for a9. I use most of them in a10. Here is updated code for anyone who wants to continue to enjoy Rock5 mod. I only made small changes to the Sun pillar so the shaders works in a10. The author is free to take the recode and do what he/she wants with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vaepeenjeh1ikan/MoreSunLamps.zip?dl=0

nmid

This is an interesting concept. Thank you (Rock5 for the original mod) and (dismar for the updated code).
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

dismar

yay more sun lamps in alpha 11!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Wendigo

I missed this mod, particularly the sun pillars, so I loaded it up in A13 and removed the errors that came up.  I am not a modder by any stretch, and I had to remove the research portion entirely, (It was broken in A13 anyway) but the sunlamp variants themselves should work.  Power drain isn't balanced compared to vanilla, but fixing that is beyond the scope of this quick patch.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Rock5

Came back to the game recently. Nice to see this still being kicking about. Thanks guys.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

I went ahead and updated it properly. Version 13.1 for Alpha 13.

Changes:

• Implemented new shadows and damage.
  • Balanced the cost to make and power costs (what was I thinking). The Pillar also now requires a Component.
  • Added the "Add growing zone" designator like the vanilla sun lamp has. Note: the created growing zone for the Sun Pillar will have 2 missing squares for each corner as depicted in the picture on the first post. You'll have to add those in manually.
  • Re-added the research requirements. I didn't give it any prerequisites. I now call it Xenon tech research. You need to research the xenon lamp technology to be able to make xenon lamps that can cover the greater distance.
  • I've change the texture to look slightly more bluish.
I think that's everything. Let me know what you think of the balancing. Also I'm going to use a new versioning system. This version is 13.1; the first version for A13 - well.. official version. :)

Which reminds me - Thanks to dismar and Wendigo for looking after this mod while I was gone.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Updated to version 13.1.1 (minor bug fix update)

• Fixed: Sun Pillars can no longer be uninstalled and moved.
  • Fixed: Sun Pillar can no longer be drag built like walls.
  • Changed: Removed damaged multiplier from bombs.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Hassie

Weird, the new version is coming up as Malware according to my antivirus, but the older version wasn't. . .