Starbound update after 6+ months.

Started by Ramsis, January 28, 2015, 08:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Just letting everyone know that Starbound is getting it's first stable update since April of 2014. This update brings in a plethora of changes, fixes, new content, etc.

Also it goes on sale with 25 percent off today! It's a pretty good game despite some crappy business practices by Chucklefish. If you liked Terraria, well it's pretty much Terraria in space made by some of the old staff of Terraria.

Next thing being planned for the next update appears to be customizable vehicles that the team supposedly plans on making completely customizable by the player.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Shinzy

I'm really just waiting for the bigger spaceships and quests to be in
so I can take Shinzplume for an epic journey through the space in my spaceship called Orbitslug-Driftstation and eventually uncover the great Avian sham about the false gods!

Bwook bwok bwok! Spread yo wings brothers and sisters, and point your rear plumage towards the false entities and yo beak towards new fuwtaaaar! Ka-bwook!

anyhow! just to derail the thread cause it's in off-topic section
Grim fandango "remastered" =P if someone has never played Grim Fandango then you're missing out, go get that one! Hola Manuel!

Ramsis

Quote from: Shinzy on January 28, 2015, 09:25:38 AM
so I can take Shinzplume for an epic journey through the space in my spaceship called Orbitslug-Driftstation and eventually uncover the great Avian sham about the false gods!

Bwook bwok bwok! Spread yo wings brothers and sisters, and point your rear plumage towards the false entities and yo beak towards new fuwtaaaar! Ka-bwook!

anyhow! just to derail the thread cause it's in off-topic section
Grim fandango "remastered" =P if someone has never played Grim Fandango then you're missing out, go get that one! Hola Manuel!

The added bigger ships and quests.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Shinzy

oh do they got some kind of list of all stuffs somewhere? or are they scattered all over
cause I'm bad at finding stuff

skullywag

upgradeable ships are in and theres a weird hub thing with quests in it. still not fully fledged but its there. if anyone wants to multiplayer it up sometime gimmee a nudge on steam ive been playing the nightlies for months now.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ramsis

My Teamspeak group plans on doing some good ol' Multiplayer tonight if you gents want to join us. Just PM me and I'll throw you the TS info.

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

StorymasterQ

One thing I'd like to know is that, is there another place I can get the game EXE aside from Steam?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

null

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 28, 2015, 07:45:49 PM
One thing I'd like to know is that, is there another place I can get the game EXE aside from Steam?
You can buy it on Humble Store, but download is sadly only with SteamDRM for now.

apljee

I'm all for upgradeable ships, but I'd rather just be able to build my own ship, or atleast have the option to do that.

Vas

I don't like some of the changes they made.  They even removed Impervium, while leaving Impervium armors.  So now you have a cluster of things in your build menus but you can't EVER get them. They also keep adding more useless stuff to your build screens.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

ITypedThis

I read the Starbound update was the most stable update in a long time, but for me it crashes every few hours or so, having never done so prior to the update. :(

Quote from: Shinzy on January 28, 2015, 09:25:38 AM

Not trying to start a war here, so any and all religious beliefs aside, I am saddened to see that there are disbelievers in such an extremely cultural and traditional society. :'(

The (Avian) player character has great knowledge and respect for their culture. It just seems out of place to me for their religion to be such a controversial and disrespected subject in its own culture.

Even the Grounded show homage for their culture in their architectural style and in the clothing and amour they wear. For example, the description of the helmet of their sparrow amour is "A steel visor fashioned to block the wearer's view of the stars." To me at least, this clearly shows at least some respect for their religion, and that maybe they are just reluctant to embrace Kluex.

I think it would be great if the player could choose their character's backstory. I.E. be a devout believer, a Grounded, somewhere in between, maybe not even mentioned, et cetera.

Also, WOO! Avians! ;D