More Melee Weapons

Started by InfinityKage, February 03, 2015, 06:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinityKage

I want to make some melee tribesman kind of guys that excel at melee combat but all the melee weapons in the game suck compared to the ranged weapons. Especially if you add the Project Armory Mod. Is there any mods or ideas to add some cool melee weapons?

Boboid

Quote from: InfinityKage on February 03, 2015, 06:22:06 PM
but all the melee weapons in the game suck compared to the ranged weapons.

This isn't actually the case - High quality plasteel maces/longswords outperform *all* of the ranged weapons in the base game with the possible exception of a minigun at point blank range.

It's also worth noting that it's more or less impossible to fire a ranged weapon while engaged in melee combat which forces pawns to use their fists (A very poor substitute for even a wooden club).

Melee weapons aren't inherently bad, they're just a bit fiddly to use. With the correct execution you can trivially decimate even most modded factions .

Anyway if you're after some melee mods you can always browse through https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7930.0

Igabod has done a great job of compiling a list of up-to-date mods
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

InfinityKage

Quote from: Boboid on February 03, 2015, 06:36:13 PM
Quote from: InfinityKage on February 03, 2015, 06:22:06 PM
but all the melee weapons in the game suck compared to the ranged weapons.

This isn't actually the case - High quality plasteel maces/longswords outperform *all* of the ranged weapons in the base game with the possible exception of a minigun at point blank range.

It's also worth noting that it's more or less impossible to fire a ranged weapon while engaged in melee combat which forces pawns to use their fists (A very poor substitute for even a wooden club).

Melee weapons aren't inherently bad, they're just a bit fiddly to use. With the correct execution you can trivially decimate even most modded factions .

Anyway if you're after some melee mods you can always browse through https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7930.0

Igabod has done a great job of compiling a list of up-to-date mods

I didn't know that. Thanks.