Call for public testers! (closed)

Started by Tynan, February 03, 2015, 11:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Yes it's that time again - the time we come and ask: who among you is man/woman enough to be a tester for RimWorld Alpha 9 and possibly future versions beyond?

If you're willing to test and do the work involved in finding and properly writing up bugs, please post below and say so!

You should note, again, that this doesn't just mean 'play Alpha 9 early'. Don't apply if you're not willing to spend some time investigating bugs you find and writing clear reports about them. Testing is rewarding but it's not just playing games.

Please ensure your forum email matches your purchase email.

Thanks in advance!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

AlyfoxLP

I most assuredly would!

I have some previous experience, though it has been awhile: Civ 3: Conquests, some earlier EQ expansions, and more recently with Minecraft modpacks (notably: UHS, Magic Pack).

I also have lots of time to work at it, and the desire to see Rimworld become the next big, huge awesome experience of a game :D

PartialBiscuit

I'd be more than happy to help. I have started studying Video Game Design and QA not so long ago, so any experience would be great.

REMworlder

It's dirty work, but I'll do it! I've done a fair amount pre-release testing and would love to do some hunting for RimWorld.

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill all the bugs!

memoryleaked

I have interest, and am willing to purchase the game, but haven't yet. Is already owning the game a requirement to applying?

I am a C# business software developer and have had my fair share of bug reports on both sides of the IDE. I have previously written feedback and bug reports for Firefall, SpeedRunners, Altitude, Pathery and others.

Tynan

Quote from: memoryleaked on February 03, 2015, 11:49:53 PM
Is already owning the game a requirement to applying?

Yes, you have to already own the game.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Deux

Boboid

*shrug* I'll give it a bash, I've got nothing better to do other than spend my time berating people about melee weapons.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

TheNewTeddy

I've been wanting to get in to something like this for quite a while now as I'm seriously considering getting a job in video game QA at some point.

At the moment, I am unemployed, so I have plenty of free time to do this stuff.

I don't have any experience doing this before, but I do have experience taking things (video games and other programs) and finding ways to break them that many programmers have not considered.

If you think I'd be a good fit, e-mail me at my forum username at hotmail dot com, or tweet me, atsymbol my forum username.
sig

Latta

Of course I'm in! I'm on a vacation now which means I can spend some lots of time for this. My English isn't the best, but I can at least write a clear report if I happen to across a bug or two.

Oh and, it will be a really really great asset when I translate Alpha 9 into my language...  :P

Humort

Готов отработать усердным трудом тестера, наигранное мной в этой чудесной игре, а так же, оправдать и будущее время препровождение в ней.
Со своей стороны, обещаю своевременно предоставлять отчёты, о каждой найденной мной, ошибке.
К сожалению, языками не владею, но очень надеюсь на то, что переводчики смогут перевести мои отчёты.
Прошу не препятствовать мне в моей добровольной активности, так как я всё равно, найду способ как поиграть в эту игру, но хочу это делать, по честному, помогая проекту, развиваться...
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Hicks

Not sure that I am "qualified" but do clock up a lot of hours and have a reasonable grasp of the English language :)

I would be happy to help.
Stay frosty.

ikitashi tokugawa

I would be happy to help
PHP/Ruby(Ruby on Rails) developer

willybrown93

Yeah, I would love to help! Any found bugs means less in the stable release  ;D
How would we report bugs? Via a forum post like most do, or something else? (pm/email/other)

ousire