Self-Reproducing?

Started by Oxidus, November 12, 2015, 09:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxidus

Could Tynan mean finally breeding of humans? (even though he wrote bee hives there)
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Limdood

he also mentioned social relationships with FAMILY, which is far more telling, though i'd prefer not to have human breeding, i'd cope.

I'm pretty sure hives means a new type of enemy, not a developer misspell

Ink.

Self-reproducing, spreading underground insect hives

Pretty sure he was meaning for the insect hives.

But the fact that

"Social relationships with friends, rivals, family, chats, arguments, and fights"

Was included can likely suggest that we might see human breeding as well.

milon

Human breeding might become a thing, but it's probably too early even for Tynan to know that.  ;)

But relationships & family are going to be in, so a mod adding human breeding would be fairly trivial if Tynan doesn't add it.

TheStache

I dunno I think human reproduction would kinda ruin the game in a way, I mean part of the cool part is not knowing when a new character is gonna show up... also having to raise a human child would be a bit hard in Rimworld... you would need tons of new items SPECIFICALLY designed for that situation (baby crib,diapers, general babycare stuff). Not only that but it'd take FOREVER to raise a child to adolescence, most games I know only last up to 3-6 years.... and 6 year olds are hardly the best candidates for hauling huge rock chunks, hunting animals, or constructing various items..

Fraid doing the baby making should stick with games like The Sims and not in Rimworld. 

Was a nice try at an idea, although I don't see it working with how the game's set up right now.

REMworlder

I'd guess family might have to do with the established factions on the map, like tribals and outlander settlements. Recruiting a captured tribal, for example, then him shooting his sibling dead might cause some Fun thoughts. And of course two brothers might become pirate leaders just as easily.

I agree with TheStache, though, I don't think human reproduction has a place in RimWorld's fast pace and scale. If someone wants to simulate what it would be like to have kids in a colony, just recruit a few old colonists with dementia.

Oxidus

Quote from: TheStache on November 12, 2015, 11:20:07 PM
I dunno I think human reproduction would kinda ruin the game in a way, I mean part of the cool part is not knowing when a new character is gonna show up... also having to raise a human child would be a bit hard in Rimworld... you would need tons of new items SPECIFICALLY designed for that situation (baby crib,diapers, general babycare stuff). Not only that but it'd take FOREVER to raise a child to adolescence, most games I know only last up to 3-6 years.... and 6 year olds are hardly the best candidates for hauling huge rock chunks, hunting animals, or constructing various items..

Fraid doing the baby making should stick with games like The Sims and not in Rimworld. 

Was a nice try at an idea, although I don't see it working with how the game's set up right now.
Diapers?What are those?I know only natural,leaves.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

christhekiller