Hello everyone! As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’m still on a bit of a break here until early next year. However, I just wanted to update you on our ongoing progress.
With the magic of laptops and Internet, and excellent work from coding prodigy Piotr ‘ison’ Walczak, progress on the game itself is continuing at full speed even while I’m not at home. Currently I’m working something like quarter-time on finance, business, game design, PR and code consultation, while Piotr provides most of the mental muscle and keystrokes to actually write and refine the code. The end result is that we’re adding features almost as fast as we ever have.
We work iteratively, so things change a lot, often in unexpected ways. So I won’t go into detail about exactly what’s being added. But I can offer some generalities. So far, we’ve added:
- Self-reproducing, spreading underground insect hives
- Social relationships with friends, rivals, family, chats, arguments, and fights
- Many more animals, some of which will hunt people
- “Components” resource used for machinery and electronics
- Ground-traveling trade caravans from other factions
- Character records which keep stats on each character like number of kills, injuries, surgeries, etc.
- Extreme desert biome
I appreciate all discussion but please don’t ask for more details on these! Check the FAQ for more info on why we don’t release detailed descriptions of unreleased designs.
I’m afraid there won’t be any releases until I’m back. I want to be fully present to manage the tricky and sometimes hectic process of testing and release. So I’m sorry you won’t see these goodies for a while. But that should mean the next version will be a bigger content jump than any before.