[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

user27

for the list of mods that don't work well/at all with this one,
i used wall lights with V0.0.1.3 without a problem
i allso don't see any problems when i use project dig as well

Cala13er

Quote from: user27 on March 29, 2014, 04:23:00 PM
for the list of mods that don't work well/at all with this one,
i used wall lights with V0.0.1.3 without a problem
i allso don't see any problems when i use project dig as well

Those are the things that don't go well with the mod as it already adds similar features.

Architect

So hang on, what is the list of mods that is actually incompatible?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Cala13er

As the title of my list, it's mods that don't go well with mine or mods that don't work. So it can include BOTH. You'd have to find that out for yourself. Only in alpha 3 will I be able to actually make a incompatible with, and it looks like your mod is first on the list.

Architect

Quote from: Cala13er on March 29, 2014, 05:40:36 PM
As the title of my list, it's mods that don't go well with mine or mods that don't work. So it can include BOTH. You'd have to find that out for yourself. Only in alpha 3 will I be able to actually make a incompatible with, and it looks like your mod is first on the list.

Thats because our mods are so big XD You might have to look at Rokiyo's too. That is shaping up to be quite a large mod, so there may be some compatibility issues there too. We'll all sort something out in the end, however, previously you said:
Quote from: Cala13er on March 29, 2014, 05:32:40 AM
Hahaha thanks! Unfortunately! I'm updating later today :) But it's going to be an optional update. Basically it's just going to add some decorative items due to the fact a few decoration mods aren't compatible with my mod.

So v0.0.2.0 will be out soon! :P
which worries me, because it infers you're eating up some smaller mods purely because they are incompatible, rather than working on compatibility with them and the owner. Equally, if this is the case, you must have some idea of what mods are compatible?

Sorry if this seems like I'm picking holes, but I don't know what my mod is currently incompatible with, and as our mods are very similar, if you have any idea it would be very useful to me.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Cala13er

I have been messaging other mods owners to work on that part. I don't mean to, I just like adding stuff :P. I've narrowed the list, changed it's name and explained why It clashes with it.

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on March 29, 2014, 05:58:34 PM
I have been messaging other mods owners to work on that part. I don't mean to, I just like adding stuff :P. I've narrowed the list, changed it's name and explained why It clashes with it.

That's good now u  know where u and the other mod owner shoud work on to have compatiblity :)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

Hahaha true :). I will try as hard to make this mod compatible with others, even if it means removing some things from my mod.

Gonna add your mod to a recommended list :)

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on March 30, 2014, 04:40:21 AM
Hahaha true :). I will try as hard to make this mod compatible with others, even if it means removing some things from my mod.

Gonna add your mod to a recommended list :)

Did u :D nho ill make one on my tread for u to :)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

Thanks ;). When alpha 3 is released. If you want I'll help you with your mod and dll modding. :)

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on March 30, 2014, 09:24:03 AM
Thanks ;). When alpha 3 is released. If you want I'll help you with your mod and dll modding. :)

Really can't wait for alpha 3 :) (thx)

Cala13er

Well if you want I can give you the source code for it later? Or even send you the class file. Plus my mod won't be released on alpha 3. A week or 2 after though. But I'll send you what I have at the point :)

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on March 30, 2014, 09:34:50 AM
Well if you want I can give you the source code for it later? Or even send you the class file. Plus my mod won't be released on alpha 3. A week or 2 after though. But I'll send you what I have at the point :)

if u want u can always give it (source (then i know what u did and how to reproduce it)) but probably it's for alpha 3 and can only store it.
u choose really :)

Cala13er

iame6162013