[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Cala13er

Quote from: JorDash on June 09, 2014, 02:51:34 AM
I'd be more than willing to help test your mod if you like. I'm no coder or texture artist tho.

Sounds good! Will message you when I'm ready to release... The pre-release.

JorDash

Jdalt40

hey are you able to get nuclear reactor working for alpha 4 and post the download up? I just want it so bad because it is awesome :D

Cala13er

Quote from: Joshy1111 on June 13, 2014, 01:59:24 AM
hey are you able to get nuclear reactor working for alpha 4 and post the download up? I just want it so bad because it is awesome :D

Like as a separate upload? Okay. I hope you like the new Uranium economy aswell :P Nuclear Power Plants now also use Thorium which lasts far longer than Uranium, do you want me to add that into this separate upload?

Cala13er

Added new poll about which age/era you start at in v1.1.2 Ancient-Experimental

Seth1483

Why not just add an option to the Advanced Options menu when you start the game so people can choose what era they want each time they play with the default set to ancient?

Cala13er

Quote from: Seth1483 on June 14, 2014, 04:53:11 AM
Why not just add an option to the Advanced Options menu when you start the game so people can choose what era they want each time they play with the default set to ancient?

That's far easier said than done. I quite frankly believe that would be impossible right now.

xBlackfieldx

How long do you think will it take you t get a new version of the mod out that´s fully working? :) I can´t wait to play with this one :P

Cala13er

Quote from: xBlackfieldx on June 14, 2014, 09:52:24 AM
How long do you think will it take you t get a new version of the mod out that�s fully working? :) I can�t wait to play with this one :P

I'm still working hard on the tech tree. I'm also spending quite some time on making Industrial Rim xml friendly. For example :

Nuclear power plant now has new lines that allow every part of it to be changed.

<PowerGenerationNormal>7000</PowerGenerationNormal> --> how much power it generates when uranium has been used
<ConsumptionProduct>Uranium</ConsumptionProduct> --> what fuel does the nuclear power plant use?
<ConsumptionProductStorageHolder>IndustrialHopper</ConsumptionProductStorageHolder> --> What should it look for that holds the consumptionProduct?
<NormalConsumption>2</NormalConsumption> --> How much "Uranium" it uses
<ProductPlacementRange>3</ProductPlacementRange> --> How far away from the nuclear power plant centre it places the produce of the NPP
<EfficiencyUpgradeResearchName>UraniumEfficiency</EfficiencyUpgradeResearchName>
<UpgradeConsumptionReduction>1</UpgradeConsumptionReduction>
<UpgradeGenerationAmount1>8500</UpgradeGenerationAmount1>
<EfficiencyUpgradeResearchName2>UraniumEfficiency</EfficiencyUpgradeResearchName2>
<UpgradeGenerationAmount2>10000</UpgradeGenerationAmount2>

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on June 14, 2014, 12:53:16 PM
Quote from: xBlackfieldx on June 14, 2014, 09:52:24 AM
How long do you think will it take you t get a new version of the mod out that�s fully working? :) I can�t wait to play with this one :P

I'm still working hard on the tech tree. I'm also spending quite some time on making Industrial Rim xml friendly. For example :

Nuclear power plant now has new lines that allow every part of it to be changed.

<PowerGenerationNormal>7000</PowerGenerationNormal> --> how much power it generates when uranium has been used
<ConsumptionProduct>Uranium</ConsumptionProduct> --> what fuel does the nuclear power plant use?
<ConsumptionProductStorageHolder>IndustrialHopper</ConsumptionProductStorageHolder> --> What should it look for that holds the consumptionProduct?
<NormalConsumption>2</NormalConsumption> --> How much "Uranium" it uses
<ProductPlacementRange>3</ProductPlacementRange> --> How far away from the nuclear power plant centre it places the produce of the NPP
<EfficiencyUpgradeResearchName>UraniumEfficiency</EfficiencyUpgradeResearchName>
<UpgradeConsumptionReduction>1</UpgradeConsumptionReduction>
<UpgradeGenerationAmount1>8500</UpgradeGenerationAmount1>
<EfficiencyUpgradeResearchName2>UraniumEfficiency</EfficiencyUpgradeResearchName2>
<UpgradeGenerationAmount2>10000</UpgradeGenerationAmount2>

That's cool :) (i just needed to post)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Jdalt40

Quote from: Cala13er on June 13, 2014, 02:01:03 AM
Quote from: Joshy1111 on June 13, 2014, 01:59:24 AM

Like as a separate upload? Okay. I hope you like the new Uranium economy aswell :P Nuclear Power Plants now also use Thorium which lasts far longer than Uranium, do you want me to add that into this separate upload?
Yes please :D

Jdalt40

Also even if you think you made a mod that sucks... Its awesome instead  :)

Cala13er

xBlackfieldx

I just had an idea about how to expand this mod : Since it allready has a automated way to gain ores why not make so so you can research automatic butchers(having an effect like crafting level 15 or something like this) and/or automatic farming?
But please keep in mind this is just a suggestion since I would like the mod as it is released as soon as pssible :P