Any pro tips?

Started by SpookCrow, June 12, 2015, 11:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

If you micro that pistol user on  corner you can duck out fire duck back in wait for scyther to reset duck out fire duck in rince and repeat. He wont even get a shit off of youre good. His warmup time is much longer than a pistol.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dr. Z

When the scyther ignores your colonists in the first place I would say the probability of keeping on ignoring them is higher when shooting at it then meele it, because meele draws more aggro from the attacked target I think.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Devon_v

Quote from: skullywag on June 16, 2015, 10:23:24 AM
If you micro that pistol user on  corner you can duck out fire duck back in wait for scyther to reset duck out fire duck in rince and repeat. He wont even get a shit off of youre good. His warmup time is much longer than a pistol.

Silly skully, robots don't poop.

skullywag

Pffff haha i love typos
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Listy

Kicking myself for only just realising this one.

Plants as we know rest at night. So providing them with power to the sun lamps is a massive waste. If only there was a power source that functions only during the day...

(Tip: You need three of them to provide enough power to run a sunlamp for the entire time the plants are growing)

RickyMartini

Last time I checked, crapping scythers were removed for a11.

milon

Doesn't the Job Interrupt kick in when a pawn takes damage?  I'm pretty sure you can't play hide & seek with mechs like we used to...

TLHeart

I play hide and seek with the mechs even in 11. They will not just continue to head for your base now, as you pick them off from a distance, they will target you.

rmurdocci

Quote from: Listy on June 16, 2015, 02:00:56 PM

Plants as we know rest at night. So providing them with power to the sun lamps is a massive waste. If only there was a power source that functions only during the day...

Dang, you so got a point here... I'm envisioning a setup of 100% solar to power the sun lamps with a switch to the main electric network in case of the good ol' eclipse...

I've been playing since ~A5/6 without any solar though... I start with 2 wind turbines to power the initial colony and go straight into geothermal as soon as research is done. From there, I expand only in geothermal...

Listy

Quote from: rmurdocci on June 16, 2015, 04:52:08 PM
Quote from: Listy on June 16, 2015, 02:00:56 PM

Dang, you so got a point here... I'm envisioning a setup of 100% solar to power the sun lamps with a switch to the main electric network in case of the good ol' eclipse...

I've been playing since ~A5/6 without any solar though... I start with 2 wind turbines to power the initial colony and go straight into geothermal as soon as research is done. From there, I expand only in geothermal...

Me too. Only on my set up I was planning some batteries isolated by switches to store the spare power from peak production.

milon

^ It's actually REALLY useful in tundra or ice sheets to have a sun lamp.  Mostly because you've got to wall & roof your growing areas, which cuts off sunlight.  ;)

SpookCrow

I had my person with the gun shot him. The scyther turned around and shot his legs off and then continued to ignite the other panels what now! Should I hide?
"Fear is the enemy within you that can lead to your demise." -Spook