Freezes and low fps

Started by romanrez13, February 17, 2017, 07:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romanrez13

Hi, i am play a lot of hours (900 days, in rimworld A16) and have big colony and many mods. My problem is freezes in game and low fps, on first speed 45-55 fps, on second 18-22 fps and on third 9-10 fps. I using laptop msi GE-60 (core i5 3210m , nvidia geforce gt650m 2Gb , 12 Gb ram, i can play in witcher 3 without lags and freezes) with win 7 64x. In nvidia panel use "prefered maximum performance" and when playing in task manger set "high proirity" for process , for power mode of laptop uses "maximum performance" . I think maybe some modes freezes game. And when night and people sleep i dont have any freezes . Can some one help me with my problem? If need more information or any files write please, attached output log. And when night and people sleep i dont have

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

nccvoyager

As-is, any colony with more than 10 pawns will begin to see performance hits, especially at high time speeds.

Unfortunately, large colonies will be slow regardless of our (the players) efforts.
Increasing the priority of the RimWorld process to "high" via the task manager may yield some performance increases.

Modded games will likely be slowed down somewhat by the mods themselves, especially if they modify pawn behaviour.
This is compounded with mods that may not necessarily be coded properly.

There do seem to be many errors, many caused by mods.
These can lead to game and system crashes depending on the length of the session of running the RimWorld simulation.
Unfortunately, I cannot provide assistance in fixing those errors, as there are far too many to pinpoint specific mods.

romanrez13

So,it means many mods have a lot of errors? In that reason i  have freezes ,right? Can you tell what mods have most errors, i try to fix errors? Or maybe what mods i can off for reduce freezes?

nccvoyager

As I said, since there are so many mods, I cannot tell which ones are causing the errors.

Someone else here on the forums may be able to provide a better idea of which mods are causing errors.
That being said, I would guess that others would say the same thing, being that since there are many errors and many mods, it is not particularly easy to tell which mods are causing which errors.

milon

Don't try to add or remove mods mid-game. If you're going to change mods, start a new game. Otherwise you can permanently break your save.

romanrez13

Yes,deleting mods not solved my problem , i tried it. I tested new colony in god mode, spawned 37 pawns , spawned 5-8 bots  from Misc Robots and i have 50-60 fps easy, but than, after i spawn some production tables it drops to 20-24 fps . Than build the roof and fps drop to 13-17, than to plant plants 12-13 fps . I think its normal, because my laptop isnt have top configuration . And after that dont have freezes, only rarely droping fps.When all sleep, 30 fps. I dont understand , what freeze and lugs my save . And i spoted, when open history fps go down to 9-10 fps (in my main save, in new colonies its not reduce fps). Maybe someone have any ideas ?

romanrez13

Hi , If someone interesting,i liitle solve my problem. Lets start, i read many posts to find what happens wrong with my game and didnt find anything for solving my problem, than i create new colony for play ( i think maybe its solve some problem, because all mods i inserted to exist save game) and fps was normal (40-55 fps) , then when my colonists was over 15 (now is 22), fps reduces to 17-22 for day and 30 for night. Then in developers mode i tried to find what reduce fps,didnt find (or missed) , then i tried update mods and founded , misc. robots do lagging, i off my robots(12 hauler bots and 2 cleaner bots) and fps growth to 40-45 for day (but lagging stiil i have and i will trying to find what it do).

Quote from: Grax on February 08, 2017, 11:51:43 AM
Hauler Bot tried to start doing a null job.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob(Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef)
AIRobot.Building_AIRobotRechargeStation:Button_CallRobotForShutdown()
AIRobot.Building_AIRobotRechargeStation:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.Game:<LoadGame>m__72A()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

This making game LAGGGGGGGGGING.

Haplo

Hmm, looks like the recharge station is calling the robot home, but somehow the go recharge job doesn't create a valid job.. I have to look into how that can happen..