Maybe Yes
1 (16.7%)
Maybe No
0 (0%)
I do not know
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

zerolightning

The stockpile is not that great.Why are we not puting food,wepons ..... in CRATES?

When you start 5 Small Wodden Crates are near where you start.You can right click it and take the items from it and you can also put items into it.The items in the crates are:

1st crate:

-Food

2nd crate:

-Food

3rd crate:

-Silver

4th crate:

-Wepons

5th crate:

-Metal

Create types:

-Small Wodden/Metal Crate

-Medium Wodden/Metal Crate

-Large Wodden/Metal Cate

Crate cargo capacity:

Small Wodden/Metal Crate

1 type and can hold 75 items(A full stack)

Medium Wodden/Metal Crate

3 types and can hold 250 items

Large Wodden/Metal Crate

5 types and can hold 500 items.

The Metal crates have more HP.

Price:

Small-50wood/metal

Medium-100wood/metal

Large-150wood/metal

They can be moved but slowly if they are full.Even slower baset on size and type(Wood=light-ish  Metal=Heavy)

If a Large Metal Crate is move dit takes 6 in-game hours to move it to the onther side of the map.

Sorry for my bad English.

Shinzy

I really like this
especially the moving bit of the crates
in the late game when your storage areas are so full of random junk
and you can't just fit them inside your base anymore

Anyhow! there's a couple mods that add storage thingies, if you're desperate for
having crates

But I'd still like to see them in the base game
keeping everything on the floor can be bit silly sometimes
It makes sense with the raw materials and chunks of rock and slag but
clothing and weapons and food
you don't just toss them on the floor!

bobucles

I'm kind of surprised the storage table doesn't already work this way. It's a very expensive piece of furniture, but it doesn't offer any real benefit over throwing things on the floor.

LeoTiger1986

not a terrible idea, the price to build crates is a little high.  Why not just have some storage sheds?  Have them store things more efficiently to safe space or protect food from rodents, but things inside are not tradable.  But they need to be single tile placement for custom building, maybe with storage bonuses for 2x2 3x3 4x4 5x5 ect.

ZanathKariashi

I'd also like to see dedicated refrigerators or freezers that can drastically increase the shelf life of prepared meals.

Like say, a 1x1 refrigerator can hold 10 meals and extends their shelf-life by 50% but needs power to function (you can still use it for storage it just won't increase the shelf-life). Or a industrial freezer 2x4, or 4x4) can hold 40 meals and keep them for 3-4x longer. (using either reduces the morale from eating the foods contained by 10-20%, until you upgrade improved refrigeration techniques).

The ability to smelt down silver into ingots to compress them (or split them back apart if you need to for some reason).