Crashed ship?

Started by Korish, April 03, 2014, 06:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korish

So the story of the game is about your ship crashing, when will the colonists start near some wreckage that looks like a ship? Maybe make it mine-able for some starter metal...

StorymasterQ

I think the story is that the ship breaks up in orbit and three colonists fall down in a capsule of some sort. Also, you'll always have a small vein of completely metal mound near where you land.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

chaouki

Quote from: StorymasterQ on April 03, 2014, 09:15:37 PM
I think the story is that the ship breaks up in orbit and three colonists fall down in a capsule of some sort. Also, you'll always have a small vein of completely metal mound near where you land.

and in addition to that you have stuff like metal and food lying around as if scattered after an explosion of the space ship.

killerx243

Also the escape pods and cargo containers that rain down on you every once and a while.

ItchyFlea

A couple of months ago I made a scenario that gave my thoughts on what the intro text was telling you. Thorwan turned it into a YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XL7zGBIB8M
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Darker

Quote from: ItchyFleaI made a scenario
Your scenarios, I will never forget. And this one was the best!
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Ender

Quote from: Darker on April 04, 2014, 04:24:26 PM

Indeed, and personally i am eagerly awaiting the zombie scenario for alpha 3.....
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

FtDLulz

Quote from: Ender on April 09, 2014, 06:53:28 PM
Quote from: Darker on April 04, 2014, 04:24:26 PM

Indeed, and personally i am eagerly awaiting the zombie scenario for alpha 3.....
Same here. Now it's a zombie apocalypse story builder! ;)

porcupine

It just occurred to me.  Does anybody else think that maybe the colonists should hit first, then the debris?  Or colonists amid the debris?

It'd be cool if there was a risk of loosing your initial colonists, in the first 5 minutes, to falling debris. 

"Yeah, Jim got nailed on the head from an AR-24 that fell from the *!#$(*!# sky, guy was in a coma for 2 months when we got here!"

Ender

Quote from: porcupine on April 09, 2014, 07:11:31 PM
It just occurred to me.  Does anybody else think that maybe the colonists should hit first, then the debris?  Or colonists amid the debris?

It'd be cool if there was a risk of loosing your initial colonists, in the first 5 minutes, to falling debris. 

"Yeah, Jim got nailed on the head from an AR-24 that fell from the *!#$(*!# sky, guy was in a coma for 2 months when we got here!"
honestly, and personally, not really, the idea that all you get is 3 is, to me, symbolizing that the others died on the way down, if any. Plus, have you tried living with only 2 colonists, personally 3 is really the minimum for the first 2 or three days to survive.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

porcupine

Quote from: Ender on April 09, 2014, 08:45:17 PM
Quote from: porcupine on April 09, 2014, 07:11:31 PM

honestly, and personally, not really, the idea that all you get is 3 is, to me, symbolizing that the others died on the way down, if any. Plus, have you tried living with only 2 colonists, personally 3 is really the minimum for the first 2 or three days to survive.

Well I was also pitching for a varried number of colonists.

I disagree on the 3 is the minimum bit as well.  I've had colonies generated at random that had only 2 workable colonists (IE: a useless assassin/researcher at start).