[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugo

Hi,

I am using TTM 2.3.3 and TTM Custom Events 1.1.
I am on Day 35 and I have yet to see a much needed trader ship. Is this normal? Could it be because of a conflict between TTM and Custom Events?
I tried turning off Custom Events, but then my saved game did not load.

Did anyone else experience this problem?

steveuk

Quote from: Ugo on June 08, 2014, 06:26:00 PM
Hi,

I am on Day 35 and I have yet to see a much needed trader ship. Is this normal? Could it be because of a conflict between TTM and Custom Events?

I know the trade ships are working ok with just TTM. I have not tried with Custom Events though.

minami26

Quote from: Ugo on June 08, 2014, 06:26:00 PM
Hi,

day 35 is still very early. :D
but do you have a comms console ready?
what storymode are you on?

if traderships still arent coming, you can contact a "CallOrder Tradership" which costs 400silver on the UtilityDevice. it sells every part you need at high prices.

I usually play on randyrandom so traderships are usually abundant during midgame when my base is ready during 100days or so.

TTM has 20-ish chance of appearing, while TTMCustomEvents is 30 or 33 chance of appearing.
So they should come more often.

I have yet to try the classic cassandra storymodes, ill have to play a game with her next time.

on a side note, hows the StunGun Guys? Do you think its overpowered? I mean, i get attached to my colonists and tend to not let anyone in the colony except when they have awesome skills. so I don't usually use the stun gun.
I think its very useful though when you have imprisoned someone and they go on a rampage. which is pretty funny. haha.
Soooo, any comments? :)

Thankyou for playing with my mod!

xBlackfieldx

Found a bug :P since the game just changed it´s language to german on my computer all items that got a new tooltip now show the german tooltip isted of the parts you need to actually build them...
and while i´m on it: can someone please do a tutorial or some guide?... I´m having a hard time surviving the first attacks etc in this mod even if i put it in easy mode... I´m having problems with money aswell (something I never had in any other mod) so I could realy use a few tipps how to deal with the early game :)

oh and can someone explain me how the fireplace works?... I apear to be to stupid to use it or something...

minami26

Quote from: xBlackfieldx on June 09, 2014, 06:18:33 AM
Found a bug :P since the game just changed it�s language to german on my computer all items that got a new tooltip now show the german tooltip isted of the parts you need to actually build them...
and while i�m on it: can someone please do a tutorial or some guide?... I�m having a hard time surviving the first attacks etc in this mod even if i put it in easy mode... I�m having problems with money aswell (something I never had in any other mod) so I could realy use a few tipps how to deal with the early game :)

oh and can someone explain me how the fireplace works?... I apear to be to stupid to use it or something...

I don't know about translations, I ddnt make the mod to use translations sorry!

Maybe because I play Dota and HoN for that matter, that I do things fast.
First thing I do, is establish my base, in which case find a patch of growing berries and agave, then plant some potatoes.

I research up to makeshift contraptions and metal synthesizing first.
get all the metal in the map, then make some fitted guns and wall in myself using the guide i put in the main post.

read the "tips" sections
I put there how to use the fireplace. I should put a txt file in the mod that has the tips.

Heres the image I put in the main post. you guys should really read the main post Ive put everything there. hahaha

How to use the Fireplace:
Basically the [Fireplace] is the one that will make the food.
you put any kind of rawfood in the [Griller] and the [Fireplace] will grill it and make "GrilledFood". It will cost 75 pieces of AnyRawFood on the [Griller] to make 3Pieces of "GrilledFood" it costs that much because grilling is a waste and you need food better than raw right?

If you put "PreparedMeat" (prepared on the NEW [FoodPreparationStation]) in the [Griller], it will make "SmokedMeat" which is a meal in itself and can be prepared in the [FoodPreparationStation] to make a "BasicDish" Meal! but still not as good as a Simple meal.

The new FoodPreparationStation prepares the "PreparedMeat" to be grilled, and also makes an "ApobeSalad".

Ugo

Quote from: minami26 on June 09, 2014, 03:49:01 AM

day 35 is still very early. :D
but do you have a comms console ready?
what storymode are you on?

if traderships still arent coming, you can contact a "CallOrder Tradership" which costs 400silver on the UtilityDevice. it sells every part you need at high prices.

I usually play on randyrandom so traderships are usually abundant during midgame when my base is ready during 100days or so.

TTM has 20-ish chance of appearing, while TTMCustomEvents is 30 or 33 chance of appearing.
So they should come more often.

I have yet to try the classic cassandra storymodes, ill have to play a game with her next time.

Hi Minami,

Thanks for your answers. First, let me tell you that your mod is amazing and really enriches the game experience.

To answer your questions, I am using Cassandra Classic Chill, and I have the comms console and beacon ready.
I actually have everything ready to build (electric stove, geothermal generator, research bend, utility device, etc.). All I am missing are the parts that need to be bought from the traders. I guess I'll wait until day 100 and see what happens.

My question about the conflict between TTM and Custom Events is as follows. Both TTM and Custom Events have their own event definitions with their own respective probabilities of traders showing up. If I have both xml files, is it possible that the computer does not know which one to read from, so it does not spawn traders? (The question is probably really stupid, but I know nothing about programming and modding, so forgive my ignorance)

I have not tried the stun gun yet. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

minami26

Quote from: Ugo on June 09, 2014, 07:08:34 AM
-snip-
My question about the conflict between TTM and Custom Events is as follows. Both TTM and Custom Events have their own event definitions with their own respective probabilities of traders showing up. If I have both xml files, is it possible that the computer does not know which one to read from, so it does not spawn traders? (The question is probably really stupid, but I know nothing about programming and modding, so forgive my ignorance)

Hmm.. what the duplicate codes do is overwrite each other, so what you have to do is load TTM Main Mod FIRST, then Load the customevents Last so that the custom events chance is used, because it is higher due to more events happening.

Oh and thankyou for using TTM! I had a lot of free time and love rimworld so much! I had to share what I made. haha

Xadhoom

Thank you for the real fast fixes!
I'm literally LOVING this mod! It makes the game much more complete! I guess it will probably be something like this, maybe with a medium tech start, when it will be released :)

nuschler22

mrofa

At the moment not much mostly mods that dont adds buildings to the game, like armory or zombie mods.
Mods that adds object to the game like my clutter dont play to well, but this mod is excelent on its own so you ont need to add anything else.
Well maybe one turret mod would be nice since with the current changes tynan made with stolytelers, you either need to be a master tactican or masochist :D
All i do is clutter all around.

minami26

Made a fix for buildings that give "ThingSpawnNear" Error.
This happens on buildings that has more than 1 requirements and gets destroyed.
It appears everytime the building gets destroyed.

Please download the new version at the main post!

rutefly

Completely missed the poll on your lovely mod.

Was thinking when all has been researched, some infinite looping next-gen research thing that sometimes gives a rare random tech, but mostly it doesnt pay off with anything. Just as an endgame time sink ^^.

More events is never a bad idea 8).

artifacts with rare components, techs or gear etc.

Maybe not easily implemented, but, researching component tech for a spaceship to leave this hellish offworld where icecream-stands are far between and watching grass grow is the only entertainment to keep you sane. Then *spoiler* when the ship is finally done, one of the colonists has second thoughts and blows-it-up-event while cackling insanely and dancing around the burning debris. Would be lol .. the first time anyay ^^.

but, in the end, somegeneric component research & build thing other mods could easily adapt into would be interesting, and alot of work maybe.

Morrigi

The only real problem I have with this mod is that it doesn't play nicely with any of the others. At the same time, almost all of the other mods do work properly with each other, and offer many things that this one doesn't.

nmid

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ