[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

The Fireplace doesn't seem to do anything. I've added the proper addons for it, gave it wood logs and food yet it does not cook them. On a side note I love this mod but the description of some items seem really confusing.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Spare74

I tried this mod out yesterday and today, tried in cassandra classic and friendly phoebe, in both I ended up having no event at all after a month of two ...

edit: just  tried on randy random -> I had a traitor in the 1st 5minutes, I reload an autosave and since then not a single event ...

What's causing this ?

Kitsune

Hm i have the little problem or blindness that i cant find the bulb for the oil lamp in the workstation. I'm needing more research? I have build only the workstation the sawthingy and the research to this, the game say i can build the lamp. :-[

Edit: Ok the game description on the bulb is wrong. It's saying bulb@workstation but its on the metalworks. ^.^

Xadhoom

I tried another colony with Callie, and after about 4 months i don't have any issue... only the merchants are a little rarer.

Halinder

That abomination, holy crap. I'm just glad that I had all M24's, I outran the thing and shot it to death but it completely ravaged every one of my prisoners.

Psyckosama

If you're interested I'd like to offer up my Synthmeat, Machine Gun Nest, and Nuclear Reactor mods if you're interested in them.

klofrd

Excuse my lack of knowledge but I having trouble getting this mod working? Can someone explain how I can install it.

My thanks!

minami26

Quote from: unergarments on July 13, 2014, 05:26:11 PM-snip-

awesome dude, thanks! I'm working on a fast feature for the traders.
I'll let the traps stay as they are for now.
I'll think about the MAI :)

Quote from: vagineer1 on July 14, 2014, 10:48:11 AM
The Fireplace doesn't seem to do anything. I've added the proper addons for it, gave it wood logs and food yet it does not cook them. On a side note I love this mod but the description of some items seem really confusing.

I'm sorry for the confusion. Can you tell me which description is confusing?
Oh for the fireplace, did you read the information on the "info button"?
if you want to make GrilledFood in the Fireplace, you need to make sure to put exactly 75 pieces of any kind of RawFood in the Griller.
if you want to make GrilledMeat, you need to make PreparedMeat in the FoodPreparation station and put it in the Griller.

Thankyou so much for checking out my mod!

Quote from: Spare74 on July 14, 2014, 12:24:50 PM
I tried this mod out yesterday and today, tried in cassandra classic and friendly phoebe, in both I ended up having no event at all after a month of two ...

edit: just  tried on randy random -> I had a traitor in the 1st 5minutes, I reload an autosave and since then not a single event ...

What's causing this ?

I'm working on a fix for this today, lets hope that the events transition gets fixed :)

Quote from: Kitsune on July 14, 2014, 03:35:29 PM
Edit: Ok the game description on the bulb is wrong. It's saying bulb@workstation but its on the metalworks. ^.^

Thankyou for pointing that out!

Quote from: Xadhoom on July 14, 2014, 07:12:16 PM
I tried another colony with Callie, and after about 4 months i don't have any issue... only the merchants are a little rarer.

I'm almost done with a new feature for the next version to make traders come by :)

Quote from: Halinder on July 14, 2014, 08:52:35 PM
That abomination, holy crap. I'm just glad that I had all M24's, I outran the thing and shot it to death but it completely ravaged every one of my prisoners.

hahaha. goodjob! freaking abomination it is! :D

Quote from: Psyckosama on July 14, 2014, 09:52:15 PM
If you're interested I'd like to offer up my Synthmeat, Machine Gun Nest, and Nuclear Reactor mods if you're interested in them.

I'll look into it! Your synthmeat mod is nice! I used it a lot during Alpha3f :)

Quote from: klofrd on July 15, 2014, 02:31:55 AM
Excuse my lack of knowledge but I having trouble getting this mod working? Can someone explain how I can install it.

My thanks!

Once you download the zip file, extract its contents and put it in the mods folder of your RimWorld directory.
to make sure it is working, be sure to have "TechTree Minami" in the mods folder and Open up the game and go to the [Mods] section of the game by pressing the [Mods] button in the starting screen (*Together with new game and other buttons)
When you get to the Mods sections look for "TechTree Minami" and press the [X] Button to activate it. It will turn into a [ ./ ] Check mark and it will be activated.
Make sure to activate "TTM Custom Events" too so that you can play with the Custom Events.

------------------------------

on a side note.

Instead of making a 50silver calling trader, I've made a LocalTrader that will notify you every second half of the month. you can trade with this trader in the comms console.
The LocalTrader contains some items, in its respective trader type.

Oh and I'm still making another signal in the signal beacon for a tradingship, but it will now be free, and has a chance of signalling raiders instead. so make sure you are prepared!

and i've changed how tradingShips arrive.
they will now come every month at a 45% chance of coming.

Will be testing it today, hopefully I will release this much needed feature tomorrow.
I think it will make this mod much more fun and easier to start your colony. :)

Thankyou so much guys!

Killaim

huh that would be a nice device actually

"emergency beacon" - increase trader and raider event chance :D

vagineer1

Quote from: minami26 on July 15, 2014, 03:19:47 AM
Quote from: unergarments on July 13, 2014, 05:26:11 PM-snip-

awesome dude, thanks! I'm working on a fast feature for the traders.
I'll let the traps stay as they are for now.
I'll think about the MAI :)

Quote from: vagineer1 on July 14, 2014, 10:48:11 AM

I'm sorry for the confusion. Can you tell me which description is confusing?
Oh for the fireplace, did you read the information on the "info button"?
if you want to make GrilledFood in the Fireplace, you need to make sure to put exactly 75 pieces of any kind of RawFood in the Griller.
if you want to make GrilledMeat, you need to make PreparedMeat in the FoodPreparation station and put it in the Griller.

Thankyou so much for checking out my mod!

Quote from: Spare74 on July 14, 2014, 12:24:50 PM

What's causing this ?

I'm working on a fix for this today, lets hope that the events transition gets fixed :)

Quote from: Xadhoom on July 14, 2014, 07:12:16 PM

I'm almost done with a new feature for the next version to make traders come by :)

Quote from: Halinder on July 14, 2014, 08:52:35 PM

hahaha. goodjob! freaking abomination it is! :D

Quote from: Psyckosama on July 14, 2014, 09:52:15 PM

I'll look into it! Your synthmeat mod is nice! I used it a lot during Alpha3f :)

Quote from: klofrd on July 15, 2014, 02:31:55 AM

My thanks!

Once you download the zip file, extract its contents and put it in the mods folder of your RimWorld directory.
to make sure it is working, be sure to have "TechTree Minami" in the mods folder and Open up the game and go to the [Mods] section of the game by pressing the [Mods] button in the starting screen (*Together with new game and other buttons)
When you get to the Mods sections look for "TechTree Minami" and press the [X] Button to activate it. It will turn into a [ ./ ] Check mark and it will be activated.
Make sure to activate "TTM Custom Events" too so that you can play with the Custom Events.

------------------------------

on a side note.

Instead of making a 50silver calling trader, I've made a LocalTrader that will notify you every second half of the month. you can trade with this trader in the comms console.
The LocalTrader contains some items, in its respective trader type.

Oh and I'm still making another signal in the signal beacon for a tradingship, but it will now be free, and has a chance of signalling raiders instead. so make sure you are prepared!

and i've changed how tradingShips arrive.
they will now come every month at a 45% chance of coming.

Will be testing it today, hopefully I will release this much needed feature tomorrow.
I think it will make this mod much more fun and easier to start your colony. :)

Thankyou so much guys!

It's a lot of the descriptions, a lot of them have $ symbols and others that do not make sense. I personally think it would be better if it just told you what certain things required to be made.

As for the fireplace. I had a full stack of wood and food. Yet the fireplace did nothing. I thought I had to set a bill or have someone man the fireplace for it to work. It is still a great mod. (In my opinion some things seem to take too long to research but that is just me)
You see this tank?

Xadhoom

Quote from: vagineer1 on July 15, 2014, 04:26:40 AM
It's a lot of the descriptions, a lot of them have $ symbols and others that do not make sense. I personally think it would be better if it just told you what certain things required to be made.

As for the fireplace. I had a full stack of wood and food. Yet the fireplace did nothing. I thought I had to set a bill or have someone man the fireplace for it to work. It is still a great mod. (In my opinion some things seem to take too long to research but that is just me)
There is a symbol legend in the research tab that explain what all the symbol means. Like:
$ -> Deconstruct this object to get the desired item
@ -> Made by this work place
^ -> Sold by this type of trader

I don't know what is the issue about the fireplace... are you using the "griller" for foods and the "wood pile" for fuel, right? Mind that you need about 75 of one kind of food and a lot of wood (i usually put there about 50 logs, by making all "hoppers" around the fireplace as "critical" ) to make it begin cooking stuff.
Oh, and mind that the big green arrow point to an empty space (don't place an hopper there).

vagineer1

Quote from: Xadhoom on July 15, 2014, 06:57:10 AM
Quote from: vagineer1 on July 15, 2014, 04:26:40 AM

There is a symbol legend in the research tab that explain what all the symbol means. Like:
$ -> Deconstruct this object to get the desired item
@ -> Made by this work place
^ -> Sold by this type of trader

I don't know what is the issue about the fireplace... are you using the "griller" for foods and the "wood pile" for fuel, right? Mind that you need about 75 of one kind of food and a lot of wood (i usually put there about 50 logs, by making all "hoppers" around the fireplace as "critical" ) to make it begin cooking stuff.
Oh, and mind that the big green arrow point to an empty space (don't place an hopper there).

Yes I have placed everything which the fireplace uses appropriately. It just seems that nothing is happening. I have also placed the correct amount of food and wood.
You see this tank?

Kitsune

Quote from: minami26 on July 15, 2014, 03:19:47 AM

Happy to help. ;D

I have a little idea, if i'm not wrong and it already works that way. The electric sawmill, is it possible to let them work as the fireplace? They get the energy and an hopper with wood, an colonist set it to work and it works automaticly alone. Because it works exactly as the manual sawmill but needs energy the same amout of wood and an colonist? If i'm wrong and its better, so say me what it makes better as the manual sawmill. ;)

Edit: So far i can say i like the mod really. :D But i have the problem that i dont get any traders. I builded the communication-thingy, the normal beacon and the callorder beacon but im not getting any trade and the "callorder" dont work somehow and it's not using silver. I'm only unlucky or is really something broken with the traders? :) And without the trading i think i'm not getting some of the buildings. xD I'm looking forward to the next update.^^

Edit2: @vagineer1: Uhm only to be sure, you have an colonist with cooking enabled? ;)

Edit3: I'm looking a bit on the codes. Is it ok that for example the general trader have a chance for 33, in the vanilla code its only 13. Or is this an other "trader"-line in the code that has nothing to do with our trading-ships? ??? I'm not really good at looking at the codes and get everything working in my head. ;D I'm only trie to understand a bit of the code~

Xydonus

Just wondering, should my colony start with the 'MakeDoTools'? I'm looking for the drop pods but don't see any starting off and the tools are a requirement for a lot of things. Also can't produce the compact research station.

Do I have to wait for the drop pods or should they have spawned with my colony?

esk81

Quote from: Xydonus on July 15, 2014, 07:05:17 PM
Just wondering, should my colony start with the 'MakeDoTools'? I'm looking for the drop pods but don't see any starting off and the tools are a requirement for a lot of things. Also can't produce the compact research station.

Do I have to wait for the drop pods or should they have spawned with my colony?

You can obtain the MakeDoTools deconstructing the pods where your colonist land. The compact research station can't be produced, spawns where u land and u can deconstruct it and becomes an item that you can construct somewhere else