[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave-In-Texas

Water is listed twice in several places (storage location definitions, as illustrated in my screen snap.  Is this because two different mods are defining it or something else?  its a bit annoying that the game thinks I have 445! food and to realize some food is erroneously doubled.  I like that water acts as a last ditch food source, but want to fix the duplication.  I'm slowly slogging through the code but some pointers where (or a fix LOL) would be great :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on November 08, 2014, 11:56:24 AM
Water is listed twice in several places (storage location definitions, as illustrated in my screen snap.  Is this because two different mods are defining it or something else?  its a bit annoying that the game thinks I have 445! food and to realize some food is erroneously doubled.  I like that water acts as a last ditch food source, but want to fix the duplication.  I'm slowly slogging through the code but some pointers where (or a fix LOL) would be great :)

Well, it's only a graphical glitch. You won't be able to sell twice or eat twice the water.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Oragepoilu on November 08, 2014, 12:07:35 PM
Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on November 08, 2014, 11:56:24 AM

Well, it's only a graphical glitch. You won't be able to sell twice or eat twice the water.
I can't trust the total number of meals showing because its wrong.  so yeah, not just a cosmetic thing.

This is less important since i've started using Food preserver storage and that doesn't factor properly, as the game only counts 1 food not the 19 or so you have stored. Also, If you have a make x until you have 6 and store in a preserver, you'll never stop :)

I'm sure both are relatively simple fixes and when I get tired of actually playing and find them, i'll share :)

Cat123

Installed correctly, loaded mods in turn, TechTreeMini loaded first. vr 3.3fullpack.rar

Created a brand new world and brand new colony.

1) Played for about 10mins, tried to build a hut with log walls and wooden door. Clicked on the door, it turned to silver. Doesn't turn back to wood (not selectable). Reloaded; is now gold default with only silver choice. Unlocked new researches (wooden walls), none of them appear. Wooden door still not there.

In fact, all the defaults when unlocked are broken. I have default double-bed sandstone, plasteel table (short) and so on. Only option to change them to is... silver.

2) Quit game. Reloaded game. Unloaded mods. Quit game. Reloaded game. Loaded mods (double checking correct order). Loaded save game - comfortable mat now has GIANT red cross on it. But reload did fix that I could select "wood planks" - defaults are still all over the place though.

Looks like the issue is if you don't have the base material, the option won't open up. Not sure about the mat though, remains broken.

3) The new events - the % seems... wildly inaccurate. I've scumm'd 15 times now, and no matter the % chance (even as low as 48%), I failed them all.

Igabod

Quote from: Cat123 on November 08, 2014, 07:22:18 PM
Hmm. Looks broken from my end.

Installed correctly, loaded mods in turn, TechTreeMini loaded first. vr 3.3fullpack.rar

1) Played for about 10mins, tried to build a hut with log walls and wooden door. Clicked on the door, it turned to silver. Doesn't turn back to wood (not selectable). Reloaded; is now gold default with only silver choice. Unlocked new researches (wooden walls), none of them appear. Wooden door still not there.

In fact, all the defaults when unlocked are broken. I have default double-bed sandstone, plasteel table (short) and so on. Only option to change them to is... silver.

2) You start with x1 "make do tools". To make more "make do tools" you need to build a workstation. This requires planks, and the hand sawmill (btw, it's not called that IRL) requires x1 "make do tools" to build. So now I have planks, but no tools. Broken.

So, yeah. Not a great start.

that doesn't sound broken to me. It sounds like a typical first go at this mod from what I've seen in the youtube videos and my own experience. This is a complex system that has a lot of working parts which add increased difficulty to the game. You should expect to fail many times until you figure out the pattern in which you need to build things and how many of each item to store etc. I actually had it a little easier because I watched a youtube video of someone else failing their first attempt at this mod before I tried it. I still ended up screwing up before too long. I still haven't managed to research every topic yet but I haven't played too many games with this mod installed yet.

Oragepoilu

I don't understand you. The game show twice the water; You just have to read the first or the second number and it's exactly the same as they wouldn't have a bug in first place.
And if you don't even have to click twice the box when you change the parameter  in your stockpile because if you select one water the second change too.
So yeah, graphical bug only. And a minor one (doesn't change gameplay at all)

but well CHEST, food preserver, etc, share the same problem about the fact that they doesn't count everything inside, i agree. It's kinda useful in some way : game doesn't count what you really have so your wealth isn't hight as it should ( = less threat from the AI, but it's a bit ridiculous at this point, because the building add by itself some wealth)
But the bill part is really annoying, at best for the food, you can set to "craft until you have 2" so when it's full you will have a second stack somewhere (= 2 ), but colonist may move more the food that it should if you do that.

Bug report : after installer (a while ago) 2 bionic shoulder on a colonist, I can't install a power arm anymore (I'v tryed to remove the bionic shoulder, but because there isn't any human shoulder atm, i think i'll be stuck)
So my top colonist will be stuck without bionic arm, kinda meh.

~Don't use bionic shoulder unless you don't want to use bionic arm after (witch is really better, because the bionic shoulder doesn't give any bonus like the bionic arm)

@cat123
Only broken for you. You may didn't understand that you need the material on the map (not hauled, or blocked) to have the option. You have silver, so you can make silver; Try getting some wood to be able to make the wood log (it's a special type of wall alone in the menu) or using planks if you want to build the usual wall (i don't even know why wood log aren't in the same menu, maybe because of the cost)
Yeah, the first material showed is wrong, but it's not a big deal, i can change as i want if i got the materials.

For the make to do tool,
You should salvage the 3 pods at the start of the game (as the message say so, did you read it at last ?).
If you 3 pod didn't spawn in the first place, it's a rare bug ( i saw it only once but a few other ppl already have reported it).
Just restart the game until you get the 3 pods (shouldn't be long, it's rare that it doesn't spawn)

Goo Poni

Quote from: Cat123 on November 08, 2014, 07:22:18 PM
Hmm. Looks broken from my end.

2) Quit game. Reloaded game. Unloaded mods. Quit game. Reloaded game. Loaded mods (double checking correct order). Loaded save game - comfortable mat now has GIANT red cross on it. But reload did fix that I could select "wood planks" - defaults are still all over the place though.

Looks like the issue is if you don't have the base material, the option won't open up. Not sure about the mat though, remains broken.

Issue 1 is a lack of materials, you won't see the option unless the materials are available.
Issue 2 is a texture error and needs a reinstall to fix easily.

Meanwhile, in my own game, I think I shall be starting over. Chugging along nicely until an event wipes out all animal life. Well crap, there goes my boar livestock. Quick, lots of butcher tables, nao, cash it in quick before they rot. Wait, what's that? A battlefield? Here? Are you su- Oh, hello, sieging raiders. Friendly colonists too, hel- another raiding part-more colon-a third-and again-STAHP-NO DON'T ATTACK ME. Okay, just barely made it outta that one. Let's go pick up the wounded. Huh? Friendly colony is turning against me? Cos I picked up their guy? YOU LEFT THEM BLEEDING OUT ALL OVER THE GROUND. Wait, you guys as well? Okay how about that guy, he's just a raid- never mind, leg infection got him. Gawd demmit. There's bodies everywhere, this is gonna be a depressing next few months I can see, I don't even have a cremat- an angry tortoise? Meh. Wait, the tortoise killed my sniper cos my sniper couldn't hit it. Wooooooow. Okay, game, you win. GG.

kenj2

minami26

Well uhhh ive put it everywhere here in the thread, in the instructions.txt file that you only need to restart the game for the X texture errors.. :) also i didnt put that you need to refine wood and metal first to make stuff out of them cuz thats kind of a spoiler, so i just put them in the changelog because changelogs are spoilers haha,,

The refrigerator and food preserver is an abomination itll get removed by alpha 8 cuz rimworld will have refrigeration then.. my fridge sux!!

@oragepoilu
Yeah i noticed that about the bionic shoulder, you can inquire about that in the surgeryextended & bionics thread :) 
Oh and thanks for that lengthy help! U guys are awesome :D

@Goo poni,, hi, i hope ttm didnt mess up your psychology, dont let the evil AI get you!! I hereby congratulate you on not rage quitting and saw it through the end, in behalf of ttm GGWP! Hahaha

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Canute on November 08, 2014, 06:58:23 PM
Yep these storage things are a bit annoying.
You can let them "make x until" 2, you will have 52 meals then, but at last he will stop when the container is filled.
I allways add the [MOD]  Refrigeration, and use them to store the meals then the storages from  TechTreeMinami.
Only the CHEST storages are useful, IMO.

I was thinking of doing that very thing, that fridge works like i expect it.. and judging from what minami posted later, he agrees.  all will be moot in a8 :)

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Oragepoilu on November 08, 2014, 07:40:03 PM
I don't understand you. The game show twice the water; You just have to read the first or the second number and it's exactly the same as they wouldn't have a bug in first place.
And if you don't even have to click twice the box when you change the parameter  in your stockpile because if you select one water the second change too.
So yeah, graphical bug only. And a minor one (doesn't change gameplay at all)
I'm accustomed from vanilla (well with edbinterface) to be able to judge my meals by looking at the top left at the meals category.   the two issues you and i have been discussing (duplicaion of entries and foodpreserver not showing) mess that up and slow me down. 

I found the reason for the duplication and have fixed my copy but I'm unsure if its allowed to post the modified file (TTM_Items_Meals) without violating someones rights, a heads up would be great.

below is what i found/did:  (may be technical/boring for some, feel free to skip)
---
I looked around for where water was defined, found only one copy in TTM_Items_Meals. I did a lot of head scratching as things looked fine but the end result was this weird duplication.   Then I had a eureka moment.  The abstract thingdef TTMMealBase defined <storeCategories> and pre-populated it with FoodMeals, then the definition of water also added that entry to  <storeCategories>.. Hmmm!
But I saw that two raw food items were created based on  that abstract def,  fish and water and fish wasn't duplicating was it??   So I reloaded RW and after looking carefully I could see that yes indeed fish is also duplicated, but one entry was in meat, raw and the other in meals.
Popping back into the editor I could see that the fish def added MeatRaw to  <storeCategories>.   So now I knew what was going on.. in each case  <storeCategories> had two entries for this food.
The solution i used was to copy the entire abstract def TTMMealBase and paste a copy which i renamed sTTMMealBase and adjusted both water and fish to use that def as their base.
After verifying that worked, I went back and adjusted water to be a Vegetable rather than a meal by changing its definition to say PlantFoodRaw rather than FoodMeals;  Our pawns will still eat it but it won't end up grouped with actual meals :)

Edit:   Changing water to a vegetable may look nice BUT it results in soup made with just water, which while ROFL funny isn't what was intended... hehe  so that got changed to ResourcesRaw and so far it working as expected.  still play testing though :)

Goo Poni

I did happen to notice that Agave can't be grown in a field but when I went to the dev console to set a couple reusable shrubs down, I saw cultivated Agave there. Is it a hydroponics-only thing now? Kinda annoying as it still rules out the early-game salad but as there's fish and water collectors (which are still annoying because of manual check-ups being required), I guess I can just deal with it. I saw later down the line that fisheries can be automated, could maybe the research for it become something like just "+Automation" and envelop all manually-used facilities like the oil pump, water barrel and such?

Oragepoilu

@dave
Oh okay i got it. You don't "open" the meal part so you only see the "global number" ! Ha yeah, didn't understand that before, because i always open this part (i have different sort of food, if i can get some meat or find some food in my traphole from invader)
I set food to have a cooker witch DON'T haul (to avoid him running across the map) with a low number of meal to cook
(n = number of colonist, x = number of meal)
x = n*1.2
always done this and it work without a problem (i cook meat only if i need to boost morale)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
@Goo Poni
Quote from: Goo Poni on November 09, 2014, 03:31:57 AM
I did happen to notice that Agave can't be grown in a field but when I went to the dev console to set a couple reusable shrubs down, I saw cultivated Agave there. Is it a hydroponics-only thing now? Kinda annoying as it still rules out the early-game salad but as there's fish and water collectors (which are still annoying because of manual check-ups being required), I guess I can just deal with it. I saw later down the line that fisheries can be automated, could maybe the research for it become something like just "+Automation" and envelop all manually-used facilities like the oil pump, water barrel and such?
Oil pump i believe will become an another building later if he didn't remove it; Water will come from an auto well, fish will be automated with a research (it's a bit farm, near the bio/hight tech part of the tree)
agave come late game with hydro stuff, and early if you have a map with it (it help, if you have some agave, you are usually on  map with more "sick" event (sorry, i don't remember the word for it, like the plague : the number of iteration depend of what map you play)
Edit : bug report :
When I try to create the "Fertilizer Pump Engine", it say you need "5 Utility metal" and "2 Mechanical Component".
However, you can only allow to use "Mechanical Component" and "Mechanical Engine" !

To fix it, go into the folder
.../Rimworld/Mods/Tech Tree Minami A7/Defs/RecipedDefs
Open the file "Recipe_AdvancedModifier" with something like notepad++ and change the lines 954 and 960 by this :
<li>UtilityMetal</li>

Overall this should give you the recipe :
<RecipeDef>
<defName>CreateFPEngine</defName>
<label>Create Fertilizer Pump Engine</label>
<description>Create (1)Fertilizer Pump Engine.</description>
<jobString>Creating.</jobString>
<workAmount>880</workAmount>
<workEffect>ButcherMechanoid</workEffect>
<workSpeedStat>MaterialCraftingSpeed</workSpeedStat>
<efficiencyStat>MaterialCraftingEfficiency</efficiencyStat>
<sustainerSoundDef>Recipe_ButcherCorpseMechanoid</sustainerSoundDef>
<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>UtilityMetal</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>5</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>MechanicalComponent</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>2</count>
</li>
</ingredients>
<products>
<FPEngine>1</FPEngine>
</products>
<fixedIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>UtilityMetal</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<defaultIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>UtilityMetal</li>
</thingDefs>
</defaultIngredientFilter>
<skillRequirements>
<li>
<skill>Crafting</skill>
<minLevel>10</minLevel>
</li>
</skillRequirements>
<skillGains>
<li>
<skill>Crafting</skill>
<xp>880</xp>
</li>
</skillGains>
</RecipeDef>

If you still don't get it, you need to replace the wrong value (here, it's "Mechanical Engine") by the right one ("UtilityMetal") so it match the cost.

I'v added the file attached to my post in case of.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, a problem when i wanted to create the motorized track.
I changed the cost from metal to Unitymetal because it was going wrong with a cost higher than 75 and i don't know what to do with problem like this.
It does into the file "Recipe_ProstheticWorkbench". Replace the Metal by Unitymetal and change the number (here, i go from 200 to 60)
.../Rimworld/Mods/TTMpatch_SurgeryExtendedAndBionics/Defs/RecipeDefs
<RecipeDef>
    <defName>CreateMechanizedTracks</defName>
    <label>craft motorized tracks</label>
    <description>Creates a heavy motorized set of tracks.</description>
    <jobString>Crafting bionic.</jobString>
    <workAmount>1000</workAmount>
<workSpeedStat>TailoringSpeed</workSpeedStat>
    <sustainerSoundDef>Recipe_MakeClothes</sustainerSoundDef>
<products>
<MechanizedTracks>2</MechanizedTracks>
</products>
<ingredients>
        <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>UtilityMetal</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>60</count>
      </li>
    </ingredients>
<fixedIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>UtilityMetal</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<skillRequirements>
<li>
<skill>Crafting</skill>
<minLevel>7</minLevel>
</li>
</skillRequirements>
<skillGains>
      <li>
        <skill>Crafting</skill>
        <xp>120</xp>
      </li>
    </skillGains>
  </RecipeDef>

Attached file with the changed at the end of the post.

Because it's cheap with 60, Crafter lvl 5 do 4 unitymetal from 8 metal and a lvl 20 do 1:1, so i'v added a mechanical component into the recipe and increases to 75 the cost to match more the real recipe.
  <RecipeDef>
    <defName>CreateMechanizedTracks</defName>
    <label>craft motorized tracks</label>
    <description>Creates a heavy motorized set of tracks.</description>
    <jobString>Crafting bionic.</jobString>
    <workAmount>1000</workAmount>
<workSpeedStat>TailoringSpeed</workSpeedStat>
    <sustainerSoundDef>Recipe_MakeClothes</sustainerSoundDef>
<products>
<MechanizedTracks>2</MechanizedTracks>
</products>
<ingredients>
        <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>UtilityMetal</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>75</count>
      </li>
  <li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
    </ingredients>
<fixedIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>UtilityMetal</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<skillRequirements>
<li>
<skill>Crafting</skill>
<minLevel>7</minLevel>
</li>
</skillRequirements>
<skillGains>
      <li>
        <skill>Crafting</skill>
        <xp>120</xp>
      </li>
    </skillGains>
  </RecipeDef>

Another small problem :
I got this
JobDriver threw exception in Tick. Pawn=Daiki, Job=FinishFrame(A=ClutterPodBed_Frame2849347, B=(-1000, -1000, -1000)) Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: key

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,UnityEngine.Texture2D].TryGetValue (System.String key, UnityEngine.Texture2D& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ModContentHolder`1[UnityEngine.Texture2D].Get (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ContentFinder`1[UnityEngine.Texture2D].Get (System.String itemPath, Boolean reportFailure) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Clutter.Beds.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, IntRot rot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Frame.CompleteConstruction () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator26.<>m__46 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

if i try to make a bed. (both slab and pod, the error is the same)

Cat123

Ok, fixed everything.

I'll write up feedback, but somethings that immediately stuck out:

Beacons are way too high on the tech tree.

It's entirely possible (I have this at the moment) to lose your beacon (from bombardment) and not be able to replace it. Roaming traders tend to set up far outside your colony once you've put defensive walls in, and I'm currently stuck in a loop - cannot trade, cannot get beacon to trade, cannot get advanced modifier machine bit to make advanced modifier to make beacon.

Solar panels = impossible to make and too high on the tech tree

See above. You can build oil refineries before solar panels. This is obviously borked for balance reasons.

Weapon lockers and other storage lockers lack the universal 'tick / untick all'

This isn't so much an issue with food storage, but is a massive pain with weapon lockers.

Guns are real world models - ugg

The guns mod is also more than a little silly - functionally, there's no point in having 100 odd weapons that are all the same. Needs serious pruning. And no, I don't want every Earth national variant of a gun that shoots bullets in epic detail - it doesn't fit the SF theme and strikes me as oddly obsessive / creepy in that "Ohhh, you collect WW2 'memorabilia', I seeee" way.

There's then x8+ different smithies for each type etc. Waaay too much. I suspect this is a mod that's been added to the package 'just because'. Needs seriously toning down and/or not in the total package.

Campfires need a light / damp option

Can't switch them off. Can't tell them not to use planks. Can't easily switch out foods (veg / meat). There's also a bug with them regarding rain: once rained on, they apparently break permanently and you cannot restart them. In the end I rebuilt one with a roof over it.

Atm I can do nothing else but constantly churn out 1000's of grilled foods with no option to micro the thing. Leads into...

Food tree is dysfunctional in the extreme

Why does basic dish take smoked meat? This doesn't work for two reasons: firstly, any RL cook will tell you that this is insane; secondly, see above issues with campfires. The entire process sticks right there. Raw meat takes 11 basic meat. Uff.

Added to this - there seems to be only one recipe that you can use to train your cooking up to 7 where the basic dishes can be made (both in soup menu and in food preparation station). I didn't start with any cooking, and haven't found any colonists with it - and in 1 1/2 yrs, my highest is 5.

Concoction Table doesn't work for med packs

I have all the ingredients, it's set up correctly, but no colonist can use it.

I'll add more - all in all the mod pack makes Rimworld very very good, there's just a lot of niggles.

Cat123

Quote from: Canute on November 09, 2014, 10:45:05 AM

That sounds like you don't got any wood log at any of your stockpiles.
When the game thing you don't got any wood, it don't show you the option when you select any.
The default selection is random, and don't saything that you can could build that kind of selection.
But that is a basic thing of the game not from the mod.

Yes, it's been answered four times now thanks.

The real bug was with the defaults - i.e. new tech labelled "plasteel X", "sandstone Y" etc.