[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123nick

Quote from: notfood on August 03, 2016, 12:49:45 AM
Congrats skyarkhangel! Good job!  I'll try it now...

I was doing work to split CR in Inventory, AmmoRealism and AimRealism. Oh well, too late I guess.

i would GREATLY appreciate inventory.

Jalordon

Great work getting this to a14.

I tested out a few things in dev mode before starting a new game and i've experienced a few issues:

-Autoturret continuously logs an error after reloaded. Logs another error when a target is in range and doesn't actually fire. Not sure if i was able to get it to fire on its own or if it only fired when given a target explicitly.
-Mild issue, shotgun is producing a shell for each projectile it shoots, so every time a shotgunner shoots they spill out a ton of casings instead of a single casing.
-Frag grenades aren't producing any fragments and error on exploding, still do explode damage in the 3x3 though.
-molotovs aren't generating any fire or doing anything in the blast, causes errors to be logged every tick afterward
-HE mortars cause something to be logged when the mortar shell explodes, no frags either if there are supposed to be any.
-Incendiary mortars log an error when the shell explodes
-Forced attack from mortars and turrets on the ground doesn't work and requires an entity like a wall or a pawn to target, says beyond maximum range without an entity.
-Trying to toss pilium causes a continous error to be logged.
-Bows produce casings.

Only CCL + CCL - Vanilla tweaks v14.1 used alongside to test.

Still really great that you got the fundamental system working.

(I tried making an issue at the github linked but you might not have configured your fork to allow issues)

Lockdown

While trying to duct-tape CR Defence into working with the CR A14 update, I've noticed some mechanisms haven't been implemented for the new version of CR.

For example, the AltitudeLayer field for Sandbag used to be Waist in the previous version (so colonists hiding behind one will not take any bullets below waist, as the sandbag is covering it) but it has been changed to Building, and Waist is no longer recognized as valid for that field. This makes sandbags behave as if they were walls for the purposes of cover height, not as sandbags.

This is just one example, there seem to be quite a lot of these unintended changes, to the point they may have a significant impact on the core mechanics of CR. Are these features that will be restored in upcoming versions, or are they getting cut to keep maintenance of CR more bearable?

Jalordon

For making the turrets you have to make them at the machining bench. Still requires automated turrets tech to be able to have the option available at the table.

Exende

is there any generic list of incompatible mods or do I have to just try my luck?

RetPaladinlol

Thank you for all the hard work you put into updating CR for A14! Now I can finally play CR with Zombies.

jaynus

Quote from: Lockdown on August 03, 2016, 04:41:53 PM
While trying to duct-tape CR Defence into working with the CR A14 update, I've noticed some mechanisms haven't been implemented for the new version of CR.

For example, the AltitudeLayer field for Sandbag used to be Waist in the previous version (so colonists hiding behind one will not take any bullets below waist, as the sandbag is covering it) but it has been changed to Building, and Waist is no longer recognized as valid for that field. This makes sandbags behave as if they were walls for the purposes of cover height, not as sandbags.

This seems to be the new default value from the core mod as well; so either its globally incorrect in vanilla base game, or it [the value] does something else.

Reviire

Quote from: jaynus on August 03, 2016, 08:50:10 PM
Quote from: Lockdown on August 03, 2016, 04:41:53 PM

This seems to be the new default value from the core mod as well; so either its globally incorrect in vanilla base game, or it [the value] does something else.
Pretty sure the relevant tag for hitting stuff is <fillPercentage>, since sandbags are still acting as well, sandbags. I'm still waiting for the dude who updated it to A14, to fix explosions and shell casing ejections though.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Goo Poni

Anyone know how to provide unlimited ammo/remove the need for ammo in CR? I've tried removing the <ammoset> on a turret but once it runs out of ammo, it can't reload itself and no-one tries to load it themselves because it doesn't need ammo. Removing the ammo capacity makes the turret unable to fire and removing the time to reload doesn't make the turret reload automatically. And as far as I can tell, there's nothing like an ammoUsedPerShot multiplier that I can set to 0.

Reviire

Quote from: Goo Poni on August 04, 2016, 01:32:50 AM
Anyone know how to provide unlimited ammo/remove the need for ammo in CR? I've tried removing the <ammoset> on a turret but once it runs out of ammo, it can't reload itself and no-one tries to load it themselves because it doesn't need ammo. Removing the ammo capacity makes the turret unable to fire and removing the time to reload doesn't make the turret reload automatically. And as far as I can tell, there's nothing like an ammoUsedPerShot multiplier that I can set to 0.
Remove the entire ammo handling shit. I think the turret requires manual reloading, and the reloading job requires ammo, idk. But this fixed it for me. I think, i'm busy playing smite so i'll get back to you later. I did it somehow though, i can tell you that much.

<li Class="Combat_Realism.CompProperties_AmmoUser">
            <magazineSize>1</magazineSize>
            <reloadTicks>150</reloadTicks>
            <spawnUnloaded>true</spawnUnloaded>
            <ammoSet>AmmoSet_81mmMortarShell</ammoSet>
         </li>

I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

skyarkhangel

Thanks all for support :) I appreciate it very much.
Now, let's make patches for CR! Also CR Defence needs update. It such easy to update.
I'm still busy with Hardcore SK pack, its almost ready. Dont forget to propose changes into Github.
https://github.com/skyarkhangel/CombatRealism

Quote from: RetPaladinlol on August 03, 2016, 08:44:26 PM
Thank you for all the hard work you put into updating CR for A14! Now I can finally play CR with Zombies.

Zombie Appocalypse needs patch to CR. Because it changes Pawn to -> PawnBittable. Zombie Appocalypse without patch could unstable work.

Goo Poni

Quote from: Reviire on August 04, 2016, 01:52:23 AM
Remove the entire ammo handling shit. I think the turret requires manual reloading, and the reloading job requires ammo, idk. But this fixed it for me. I think, i'm busy playing smite so i'll get back to you later. I did it somehow though, i can tell you that much.

</li>

This seems to work, removing the entire entry lets the turrets fire freely. Noice.

Reviire

Quote from: Goo Poni on August 04, 2016, 03:26:16 AM
Quote from: Reviire on August 04, 2016, 01:52:23 AM

</li>

This seems to work, removing the entire entry lets the turrets fire freely. Noice.
Although balance will be completely out of whack, seeing as there is now no reload timer.

Drusek

On reddit someone posted that you need to only remove
<ammoSet>...</ammoSet>
and you keep the reloading.
That was for weapons, not sure if it will work for turrets.

Reviire

Quote from: Drusek on August 04, 2016, 05:10:43 AM
On reddit someone posted that you need to only remove
<ammoSet>...</ammoSet>
and you keep the reloading.
That was for weapons, not sure if it will work for turrets.
It doesn't, which is why I told him to do it.