Easter eggs?

Started by Play2Jens, July 23, 2015, 10:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Play2Jens

Did you guys manage to find any easter eggs?

Also Tynan, if you read this, did you ever think about putting some eastern eggs into the game?
(- a rare chance that Sir Percival the snowman becomes alive during a psychical drone attack pops up in my mind)

Jimyoda

Quote from: Play2Jens on July 23, 2015, 10:57:09 AM

Also Tynan, if you read this, did you ever think about putting some eastern eggs into the game?
(- a rare chance that Sir Percival the snowman becomes alive during a psychical drone attack pops up in my mind)
I came here to learn about eastern eggs. I already know about western eggs - those are used to make a western omelette.

I'm very disappointed this is not about eastern eggs.

But seriously, having a nowman come alive as Sir Percival would be the best easter egg ever! He'd be like a special colonist you have. Great idea.

### Sir Percival has joined your colony ###
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Play2Jens

Quote from: Jimyoda on July 23, 2015, 11:52:57 AM
Quote from: Play2Jens on July 23, 2015, 10:57:09 AM

I came here to learn about eastern eggs. I already know about western eggs - those are used to make a western omelette.

I'm very disappointed this is not about eastern eggs.

But seriously, having a nowman come alive as Sir Percival would be the best easter egg ever! He'd be like a special colonist you have. Great idea.

### Sir Percival has joined your colony ###

I'm guessing eastern easter eggs are not that different from the western counterparts. But to avoid any more confusion I have changed the title  :D

Anyway, what about a alien ship passing by on random occasions when the player has completely zoomed out the screen; or a pawn that would appear with Tynan's name and stats?

milon

^ Tynan is already a pirate leader in-game.  Catch him if you can!

Tynan

Milon knows the easter egg :D

As for other ones, not yet! It's tricky to add an easter egg to a systems-focused game like this without a ton of effort and constant support/updates. It's not like adding a secret room in an FPS.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

rmurdocci

Quote from: Play2Jens on July 23, 2015, 02:01:06 PM
Anyway, what about a alien ship passing by on random occasions when the player has completely zoomed out the screen; or a pawn that would appear with Tynan's name and stats?

Only if there are eastern and western alien ships... Sir Percival, for obvious reasons, would only hitchhike in eastern ships...

Shinzy

Does the fava beans and chianti thought count?

TwixFunSize

I found a guy named Bender who was an Alcoholic and abrasive :P (hes a robot in futurama)

nuschler22

Quote from: TwixFunSize on July 24, 2015, 12:50:22 AM
I found a guy named Bender who was an Alcoholic and abrasive :P (hes a robot in futurama)

That's part of the name in the game I bought.  It's a family name.  His first name is Will.
The traits change every time so they were just a funny coincidence.

mokonasakura

Quote from: Tynan on July 23, 2015, 02:34:04 PM
Milon knows the easter egg :D

As for other ones, not yet! It's tricky to add an easter egg to a systems-focused game like this without a ton of effort and constant support/updates. It's not like adding a secret room in an FPS.

Yellow boomrat that has lightning strike it when it dies. Your welcome

keylocke

the centipedes look like a chocolate cornet.

Panzer

Necro time!
I found the first alpha 12 easter egg ;D Enough snake bites cause toxic buildup

[attachment deleted due to age]

Songleaves

I've had a lot of ideas about potential places where easter eggs could be hidden, but haven't found any. One of my ideas was with the world seed: the world seed can be any combination of 4 letters and numbers, this means you can create seeds with specific names like "hell" or "cold" and they could be a special world. In particular they could make a world map from a seed called "ison" and it could look like a portrait of ison's face.

lt_halle

I didn't really think about it until now but I'm pretty sure that the prosthophobe thought is an easter egg.

"They've turned me into a monster... If only they had asked first."

I thought that the latter part was really odd at first, especially since often you give them a bionic part because they lost a body part and not just as a technological improvement. But then I realized... They wanted someone to ask them first.

They never asked for this.

Deus ex reference confirmed?

Coenmcj

Quote from: lt_halle on August 27, 2015, 05:12:47 PM
I didn't really think about it until now but I'm pretty sure that the prosthophobe thought is an easter egg.

"They've turned me into a monster... If only they had asked first."

I thought that the latter part was really odd at first, especially since often you give them a bionic part because they lost a body part and not just as a technological improvement. But then I realized... They wanted someone to ask them first.

They never asked for this.

Deus ex reference confirmed?

Ah, clever...
Especially since Tynan is such a fan of Deus Ex. :) It's pretty much confirmed.
Quote from: Tynan on September 17, 2013, 12:07:22 AM
-What's your favorite other game?
Deus Ex. Yep, still hasn't been matched in terms of world development and story.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite