[Request] BackstoriesCore for A16

Started by Cataphract, December 23, 2016, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cataphract

As per the title. I don't know if the mod is still around, but I haven't seen it updated or antyhing. It's been a while since I've played RW, and I find it very hard to play without the backstories I wrote, because I'm not fond of quite a lot of the vanilla ones...

If the mod hasn't been updated, is there some brave soul who would be willing to do so, or failing that point me in the right direction to update it myself? (Note that I'm code illiterate. So, any help would be very much appreciated.)

Thirite

I've been trying to make it myself, but I've only gotten as far as ripping the backstory xml data from the resources file. I haven't figured out yet how to load custom backstory xml on the ReloadAllBackstories method though. Looking at the old A13 or whatever mod it was doesn't seem to provide much info either.

skullywag

hasnt the orassans mod seperated this out of ccl, its a16 so i think it has.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Cataphract

Quote from: skullywag on December 23, 2016, 06:28:17 PM
hasnt the orassans mod seperated this out of ccl, its a16 so i think it has.

I should go speak to the author of that mod, then? (Orassans are the cat people right?)

Cpt.Ohu

Orassans uses the Humanoid Alien Races DLL, which has the backstory enabler from CCL.

Cataphract

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on December 25, 2016, 08:09:19 AM
Orassans uses the Humanoid Alien Races DLL, which has the backstory enabler from CCL.

Does using this CCL component require any coding knowledge past fiddling with xml files? Because if I'm getting you right, you can use this backstory enabler with A16 to then introduce your own backstories to the game, which is exactly what I want to do.