A few ideas...

Started by Codexehow, August 23, 2015, 05:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codexehow

1. Re-education Booth. A late game alternative to arresting someone and hosting them in a jail. Jails take up space and feeding prisoners is a drain on resources. Why not have an expensive booth that you can put someone into for a little while to have them "re-educated?"

2. Joy item: TV. A TV that can tune in to "subspace" TV transmissions.

3. Weather: Tornado. Deadly.

4. Event: earthquake. Random walls have a % chance to fall. Pawns cannot move during the earthquake.

5. Animal/gameplay mechanic: Rideable horses. Pawns already move kind of fast though or so it seems at x3 speed, so idk. But it would be cool.

6. This has been mentioned, and I know it would be a ton of work, but raider missions would be cool. Maybe make it easy on yourself and make it so that it selects a mission based on what the raider pawns CAN SEE when they reach the colony. Maybe their goal becomes to kidnap the first colonist they see or to steal w/e from the stockpile. I still think the all or nothing raids should be part of the game, but some more diversity in this area would be nice.

7. The ability to create round structures.

That's all for now, I guess.

FMJ Penguin

Really like the Tornado and Earthquake ideas there.

Give the story tellers some more options to mess with your wood walls(tornado) and everything else(earthquake).

+1
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Codexehow

Did think of something else...IMHO, EBD Interface and Prepare Carefully should be  a core part of the vanilla game. Playing vanilla right now, and I have to admit it's really hard to go back to the old interface. The colonist bar, at the very least, should be implemented. Pleaseeee.

Sometimes it is really fun to just play the game with three random colonists, but it's also great to use a point system to pick attributes/starting supplies. Hence -> Prepare Carefully. It's really fun to play on Randy Random knowing you have a decent change of making it through the early game. (Well, that's just me. I'm sure there those who can on vanilla.)

FMJ Penguin

Haha yeah, think alot of folks would prefer that it was. Ebd doesn't seem to be going anywhere though. Seems to update very quickly too.

Not sure what to think of the new interface ether. I think it's gotten better in a general sense BUT not everyone is gonna like it I'm sure. Adjustable or at least movable UI windows would def be a start I think. Not to mention text scaling.... seriously my eyes aren't 20/20 anymore so it gets hard to read some things if they don't scale properly with larger resolutions. Sucks getting older.....

And yeah the colonist  bar is pretty hard to deal without once you've played with it.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Alistaire

Codexehow

Careful Planning has updated :) Much thanks to the author of the mod.

To elaborate on the earthquake/tornado thing..I like the idea because it would give modders the ability to create some more cool stuff. Imagine a re-searchable weather manipulation system that can allow you to steer a tornado away from your base. Or an tectonic plate monitoring system that can give you warning of an impending earthquake.

Codexehow

Here's another idea:

How about obstacles? Something in the enviornment to make Drafting a tad more dangerous?

Say, for instance, a tar pit? If you carelessly plot a course over it, your pawn falls in and gets stuck or sinks. It would make it harder to draft a character and send him half way across the map while micro-managing other things.

Of course, when pawns aren't being controlled, they would be able to path-find around it.  This could simulate the chaos of battle.

Toggle

Quote from: Codexehow on August 23, 2015, 04:42:42 PM
Here's another idea:

How about obstacles? Something in the enviornment to make Drafting a tad more dangerous?

Say, for instance, a tar pit? If you carelessly plot a course over it, your pawn falls in and gets stuck or sinks. It would make it harder to draft a character and send him half way across the map while micro-managing other things.

Of course, when pawns aren't being controlled, they would be able to path-find around it.  This could simulate the chaos of battle.

They're being told to go there, not how to go there, they'd probably still walk around when being drafted. 
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.