people on the forums

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 06, 2014, 09:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Fupa

After being on the forums for a few months im quite impressed, not one time did i see someone write "DUDE YOUR A F***ING NOOB"or stuff like that. Even if the idea is a bad idea the forum members explain why and don't just say its stupid.

Shinzy

Well Knowing the Devnan is really active around the forums helps alot!
He'd probably feed any toxic member to pack of rabid staved mechanoids

*stares blankly*

like.. seriously

ZestyLemons

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised how nice everyone is on the forums, since typically you have at least a few people being dicks, lol.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Xerberus86

well it might come with size so don't count your horses yet but so far everyone seems nice and helpful.

i also think it depends on the type of game, i imagine call of duty forums would be a bit more aggressive for example (or less mature).

furthermore i think, and i might be wrong here, that in forums for indie games like this the average maturity / player age-wise might be a bit older.

(i bet one of the next comments proves me wrong^^)

Clayton

Yayyy, now we just need to enforce a strict proper grammar rule and this forum will be the best! :D

Xerberus86

Quote from: Clayton on September 06, 2014, 01:56:52 PM
Yayyy, now we just need to enforce a strict proper grammar rule and this forum will be the best! :D

well my excuse is that i am not a native english speaker, have nothing against some grammar corrections ;).

Tynan

It's actually been quite nice. I've heard lots of indies complaining about how evil and angry gamers are to them all the time. I've honestly only had a handful of people be dicks at all around here, and even fewer be dicks to me. It's been nice. I think maybe it's just because of the kind of game it is; if it were an immediate-gratification face-shooter FPS I'd guess things might be different.

Also, people follow examples, I find, so everyone being cool helps make everyone else be cool.

That and banhammers are useful.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SubZeroBricks

Quote from: Tynan on September 06, 2014, 06:17:09 PM
It's actually been quite nice. I've heard lots of indies complaining about how evil and angry gamers are to them all the time. I've honestly only had a handful of people be dicks at all around here, and even fewer be dicks to me. It's been nice. I think maybe it's just because of the kind of game it is; if it were an immediate-gratification face-shooter FPS I'd
guess things might be different.

Also, people follow examples, I find, so everyone being cool helps make everyone else be cool.

That and banhammers are useful.

Erm... Excuse me I think you are the only dev I ever got private a message replyed to. You also answer when necessary on posts...

Heck I'd bet you would be hard pressed to find a cooler dev :)

IMO that helps keep the savages away quite a bit
"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

milon

Fernbhoy

Just wait till steam release ;)

but yes, kudos to the rimmers (still sounds so wrong :D)

Cortina

Quote from: Tynan on September 06, 2014, 06:17:09 PM
There have definitely been moments where I wanted to really unload on somebody for being snide or pretentious, something along those lines. But you're right, I just noticed in my time on the forum that users typically don't do that, so I didn't either. I think in the grand scheme of things we're all better for it.

SubZeroBricks

"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."