[MOD] (Alpha 9) OmniCorp - Area effect vanilla style shields-plus armour shield

Started by skullywag, January 28, 2015, 04:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

hmm something aint right. ill look into it now.

Also UPDATE, added some new personal shields, 2 new varieties 1 armoured vest and 1 power armour, does exactly what it says on the tin.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

New update, added an area effect vanilla style bubble shield to the OmniShields mod. Also updloaded some screenshots to the OP.

The Shell POD will be updated with this shield soonish as well.

skullywag

Updated OmniShield to have a spinning top piece that spins with the shield. Instead of a static graphic.

skullywag

Small update, was missing a texture for the female Aegis shield, had it another folder for some reason.

skullywag

Anyone have any feedback on all this. Are the numbers ok, not too expensive, problem with this all in 1 thread malarkey i miss targeted feedback.

Ill be moving my more storage mod in her as well as im just finishing up stuffifying it. So itll be another Omni mod.

Xale

skullywag

Xale

Quote from: skullywag on March 05, 2015, 12:07:00 PM
Just checked. Links are all up and working my end.

Thanks for checking its working now must have been my connection, good work on these mods btw

BinaryBlackhole

Can the shield not be a turret I don't want it shooting my colonists at least let the shooting be disabled.

skullywag

lolwut, did i really miss that? is it actually shooting? checking....

Edit - just checked and its not shooting for me...also it wouldnt shoot your colonists they are the same faction...something funkies going on in your game.

skullywag

Updated shields mod, the 2 armoured shields now allow shooting out, i found myself wanting it so i changed my own shields to do it. Also changed up the shield turret to actually shrink as it loses energy, itll protect all in its area until 100 energy (200 max) then start shrinking based on percentage under 100 energy until it pops.

Avtomatik

Heya, are omniturrets compatible with other weapon mods?
If yes, with which ones?

skullywag

my own, any weapons i produce will be compatible, its somewhat easy to make others compatible though, just needs the right bits to make the weapon "stuff" and the "building" section added to their defs and then a top graphic, even if its just the weapons normal graphic turned 90 degrees anti clockwise (or reuse one of the ones from my mods). Obviously the more guns they have means more work, project armoury for example would be painful!

Avtomatik

For the armory I am not worried until it's out :D

Rimfire&rimsenal are what I was hoping for.

Btw, do you suggest turning all the turrets off?
I am starting a new game and thinking of trying to go just with omniturrets, but on the other hand it might get too hard...or would it? :/

skullywag

depends....vanilla turret is disabled by default..to enable just rename the turret def to something else. Youll probably find you can get lots of pistol turrets to begin with but quickly upgrade to shotguns and uzis, give it a go and see.