[MOD] (Alpha 9) OmniCorp - Area effect vanilla style shields-plus armour shield

Started by skullywag, January 28, 2015, 04:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

First off, no this unfortunately isnt a Robocop mod but who knows....maybe in the future...

This IS however where im going to be putting a few mods ive been working on in sekrits...

First up:

OmniTurrets

Download

This makes some rather big under the hood changes to the game in terms of it turns guns into stuff, this allowed me to have 1 turret that could use all the guns ingame as building materials, i then used said gun as the turrets gun. ive also made it replace the improvised turret. It also uses the research to speed up the bursts slightly.

What does this mean for you? you can use your spare firearms to make turrets all from 1 button. All the guns still work normally as guns obviously and the turret still needs power. Due to the gun stuff...stuff, the base is made from steel...so yeah neat huh?

Oh and as a bonus ive given all weapons a top texture (theyre passable) which the turret uses.

Second up:

OmniConduit

Download

Simply put allows conduits to be made from metallic stuff, well actually wrapped in it, it still takes 1 steel but takes an extra 1 stuff (times the multiplier for gold, silver and uranium), ive left the core conduit intact so if youre in a pinch you can still use that. Some examples of what this does: plasteel ups the health of a conduit to 225 and gives it a 20% flammability score and Uranium has a 0.0 flammability multiplier so is fireproof.

Third up:

OmniPanels

Download

Metallic stuff based solar panels, steel is the norm 1700 power, plasteel 1900, silver 2100, gold 2300, uranium 2500. The reasoning behind the numbers is due to needing 60 stuff and 20 steel, this means a steel solar panel costs 80 steel (60+20 as per core) a plasteel one costs 60 plasteel, 20 steel but uranium, gold and silver cost 1200 stuff plus 20 steel, this is due to the stuff multiplier so ive scaled the last 3 higher than plasteel as they are the harder to get due to amount of resources needed. The numbers arent AMAZING but I didnt want to overtake a geothermal, this about small improvements if you can afford them. If people deem 1 resource easier to get than others i may change this...?

Fourth up:

OmniThermals

Download

Stuff based Geothermal Generators, similar to the above in most ways, still not sure on the amount of stuff I could balance it more towards the steel amount, its currently 170 steel 200 stuff. Let me know on this one.

Fifth up:

OmniTurbines

Download

Stuff based Wind Turbines, similar to the above in most ways, its currently 100 steel 25 stuff. Again willing to tweak the numbers on all the above so feedback is appreciated.

Sixth up:

OmniBatteries

Download

A battery for each metallic stuff, doesnt use the stuff system due to the way the battery is structured in code its either impossible (at least to change stuff in the comp props like storage amount) or crazily difficult (I cant work it out). So its 5 buildings with their comps changed, please give feedback on this one, the amounts and stats are kind of placeholder for now.

Seventh up:

PODs

Download

Personal Omni Devices (PODs) are devices that are thrown and contain multiple tools. 2 are currently available, the "Pea" POD (short for Pistol Pod) which contains a small calibre pistol, needs to charge its internal batteries after prolonged use. The "Shell" POD, which contains a micro shield generator, shield is active until its internal batteries are dry or the shield takes too much damage (Thanks to Jaxxa for the shield code, couldnt of made this without it). Im still working on these and am tweaking stuff constantly but would love some ideas for further PODs.

Eighth up:

OmniShields

Download

Adds a shield "turret", requires 2 personal shields (standard ones), lasts a little longer than a personal one protects everything within the bubble from projectiles. Also adds a couple of personal shields, the Aspis is armoured vest with shield integrated, slightly buffed over the core shield in terms of energy but recharges slower and the Aegis same as above but power armour variant with even more energy but again slower to charge. Both get the shield plus the normal buffs/debuffs from the armour that they are integrated with and also allow shooting out.

More mods are incoming...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

StorymasterQ

"Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

SilverDragon

Dead or alive, you're coming with me! ;D

skullywag

ill add some screenys when im home tonight. dodnt have time last night.

skullywag

just updated, the turret now uses a research project to speed the burst ever so slightly (15 ticks).

Ill get screenies soon.

Boboid

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

SilverDragon

Quote from: Boboid on January 29, 2015, 09:41:57 PM
Can I make melee weapon turrets? :P

Haha that sounds so hilariously unusable that I kinda want some. ;D Although the raiders arent exactly the sharpest tools in the shed, as aren't the colonists either, so I'm sure they'd happily run into the sword poking out of that turretbase.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 29, 2015, 09:46:39 PM
Quote from: Boboid on January 29, 2015, 09:41:57 PM
Can I make melee weapon turrets? :P

Haha that sounds so hilariously unusable that I kinda want some. ;D Although the raiders arent exactly the sharpest tools in the shed, as aren't the colonists either, so I'm sure they'd happily run into the sword poking out of that turretbase.

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Boboid

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 29, 2015, 09:46:39 PM
Haha that sounds so hilariously unusable that I kinda want some. ;D

I wouldn't be so sure! I just did some melee weapon number crunching, they can totally outperform pretty much every obtainable gun in the game in ideal conditions. I'm sure I could make melee turrets work :D
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

skullywag

I mean sure its possible, they just need to check for hostile pawn in adjacent cells and attack if ones found, but i imagine 1 cell wide corriders lined with shiv turrets would be a thing...maybe as a mess around i might do it, but deffo not yet, i have too many other projects right now.

Orion

Awesome! Will it also work with guns that are not part of the core game?

skullywag

sorry but not its eazy enough go make them stuff though so patches could be made. im trying to see if its automatable now actually.

Haplo

Another way would be to make the turret top the one who changes with the different guns. That's how I've done it with my weapon base. You build it and the top is null. Then you add a gun and it will be set as the new turret top. Voilla, no more incompatibilities with guns (except with the self destructing kind). :)

PS: If you want you can 'borrow' the code in there to manually fire on something (It's the same code as is used by the vanilla turrets)

skullywag

Thanks Haplo but my goal was all from 1 button using stuff (i believe all items should be stuffified), probably not the most elegant way but i achieved what i wanted to do. Also if i did it your way that would make my mod the same as yours and theres no point in that ;)

I also didmt want all weapons being available for use. So defining them myself worked out, I dont believe anything ive done will impact another mod, the guns still work as guns and the defs still have everything they did before.

Thanks for pointer on the direct fire code id forgotten about it, out of interest how did you know what the vanilla code was, all my decompilers fail to show me that code.