[Relocated Mod] (Alpha 2) Wall Lights v1.0

Started by Vas, March 06, 2014, 07:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

Wall Lights
A mod that adds walls with lights on them.

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2537.0 <- I have moved this mod here, this topic will be deleted after 1 week.  This should give people who used this mod time to find the new location.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

shadowtajun

Blog: www.liteart.tumblr.com
Portfolio: www.shadowtajun.com
Twitter: @tajunshadow

madpluck

I have this enabled in my mod list but it doesn't show up anywhere. Is it supposed to be under "Structure?"

Darker

Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

madpluck

Kilroy232

Vas

I have clarified a few things under quick info, hope that helps in the future :P

If you think it is too unbalanced, please let me know.  I've been trying to strike a balance with these that will be good.  I wasn't sure how much power to make them take so if it becomes easier lighting your place with these lights and not burning as much power, I'd need to know so I could fix that.  :P  If it is too expensive, I'd need to know that too.

Of course, you technically aren't meant to make every single wall in your base a light wall, maybe every 4 walls, but I do just because it provides even lighting, even if it takes a god awful amount of power.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

ShootyFace

I think they should act just like a regular lamp. It's really more for aesthetics than anything.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Architect

Vas, change
<placingDraggableDimensions>1</placingDraggableDimensions>
to
<placingDraggableDimensions>0</placingDraggableDimensions>
Forces better wall lighting ;)
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Rokiyo

Vas

Quote from: Architect on March 07, 2014, 05:22:13 PM
Vas, change
to

Won't that disable you from being able to drag a line of walls?  Making you place each segment individually?

Psyckosama

Quote from: Vas on March 07, 2014, 09:15:20 PM
Vas, change
to

Won't that disable you from being able to drag a line of walls?  Making you place each segment individually?

that's the point.This isn't supposed to replace every wall in the colony, just specific segments.

Architect

Quote from: Psyckosama on March 08, 2014, 01:52:18 AM
Quote from: Vas on March 07, 2014, 09:15:20 PM
Vas, change
to

that's the point.This isn't supposed to replace every wall in the colony, just specific segments.

Yup. makes people plan where they're gonna put their lights instead of just putting them down in huge quantities inefficiently.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Darker

The fact that you can drag doesn't mean you have to. Restrictions should prevent you from doing stupid things, not "ineficient" things.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Vas

Alright :P I've changed it, let me do a quick test to make sure it works before I upload it here though.