Nutrient paste dispenser why build them??

Started by kasimirtlw, December 24, 2014, 08:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

as a ritual the first thing i make is a NPD, then a stove :P
Only recently started usng freezers

Tarantula

Quote from: evrett33 on December 26, 2014, 06:29:11 PM
can you put human meat in them and get normal paste ?

No. You get still get the ate cooked cannibalism mood.

mumblemumble

They DO eliminate the food poisoning risk right? That in and of itself is semi useful, plus I think its very efficient in getting the nutrients used most effectively.

People don't like them, granted, but its very good for if you need absolute efficiency, plus, it frees up a hand needed for constant cooking.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Panzer

I think evrett33 found that out by now, been 2 years since he asked that question ;D

SilentP

I'd like to see the NPD work like a stove.  Someone stands there and hits the button all day to stockpile goop meals.

Would it be viable for the NPD to be modded so it would remove the cannibalism debuff and the insect meat debuff while allowing the machine to continuously produce meals like a stove?  I mean, goop is goop, no matter where it comes from ;)

ChJees

NDPs let me become truly lazy mid to endgame. Plop it down and pawns got time to do other stuff.

magicbush

I build them in all my colonies. They Are useful at the begining before I get the butcher, etc. And they help later if I manage to run low on food. They are pretty cheap anyways so why not?

Edit: wtf this thread is years old nice necro.

b0rsuk

6 food used per meal instead of 10. You'll notice when you play on ice sheet.
Never causes food poisoning.
0 cooking skill required. 0 time for cooking. It's like having an extra colonist.
You can build them so that the interaction spot is in the prison. Prisoners feed themselves.

Fun fact - there was a bug which let you make nutrient paste out of hay. There was another bug which let you make pemmican out of hay.

christhekiller

I use Nutrient Paste to feed my prisoners. Saves my wardens from having to run back and forth to feed them all. And I don't have to spend as much food keeping those worthless bums sitting around doing nothing.

Catastrophy

Build one and be amazed how it is to have one guy free to do something other than cooking. IMO, it's about the job you don't need to do. The efficient food is nice, too.

Yes you can human meat, but they know because you can't keep secrets in such a small colony. It's not Soylent Inc. Cannibal doesn't help - they want fresh meat, not processed. Not sure about the psychopath. I've tried a Soylent colony and was a bit disappointed - a kind modder might have something out maybe?