[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Celthric Aysen

Ok so this is done now lets get back on topic:
question can colonist and raiders walk over the belts?
and will raiders burn the belts?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Cala13er

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 12, 2014, 08:49:44 AM

I'm working on making colonists and raiders walk over the belts yes.

The raiders will act against the belts in the same way they would buildings, because when you see colonists shooting at you and these black moving things on the ground and you have a chance to kill or destroy one of them you'd go for the moving black thing.

dannyepsin

the nucler power plants dont corrupt land. the coal power plants are so efficient they have no down sides you should make them produce waste which would be pretty epic.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Cala13er on April 12, 2014, 08:53:37 AM

The raiders will act against the belts in the same way they would buildings, because when you see colonists shooting at you and these black moving things on the ground and you have a chance to kill or destroy one of them you'd go for the moving black thing.
ok, good to know that raiders act the same way for the conveyor belts
also i have a suggestion how about a kind of wall that lets conveyor belts pass items through.

Cala13er

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 12, 2014, 09:00:24 AM
Quote from: Cala13er on April 12, 2014, 08:53:37 AM

ok, good to know that raiders act the same way for the conveyor belts
also i have a suggestion how about a kind of wall that lets conveyor belts pass items through.

Good idea!!!

Cala13er

Quote from: dannyepsin on April 12, 2014, 08:56:18 AM
the nucler power plants dont corrupt land. the coal power plants are so efficient they have no down sides you should make them produce waste which would be pretty epic.

Also liking your idea!!

Celthric Aysen

TimMartland

You should upload a gallery of all the new stuff this mod adds!
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

iame6162013

Quote from: TimMartland on April 12, 2014, 11:54:10 AM

uh that woud be Ginormous, have u looked at the features? there are metric tons of them, of course a few woud be nice but in the alpha 3 video he's in it so watch that ;p
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

asarium

Is the source code of the mod available somewhere? I couldn't find it in the zip file.

Cala13er

Quote from: asarium on April 12, 2014, 01:51:13 PM
Is the source code of the mod available somewhere? I couldn't find it in the zip file.

I haven't included it.

asarium

Would it be possible to release it somewhere (e.g. on github)?
A few code examples could help modding beginners get started and it's easier to trust someone to not include malicious code if the source code is released (although the assembly could always contain entirely different code).

Cala13er

Quote from: iame6162013 on April 12, 2014, 12:39:03 PM

uh that woud be Ginormous, have u looked at the features? there are metric tons of them, of course a few woud be nice but in the alpha 3 video he's in it so watch that ;p

Oh. If you think that's a lot. You're going to love v1.1.0 which I'll be sending my test team in 2-3 days.

Much more balanced economy, conveyor belts significantly improved (even considering they are slightly pointless), far more realism in terms of hydro plants, coal power plants and other nuclear power plant, plus some add-ons to the coal power plant and nuclear power plant like there is now with the hydro plant.

Plus more!

Cala13er

Quote from: asarium on April 12, 2014, 01:56:35 PM
Would it be possible to release it somewhere (e.g. on github)?
A few code examples could help modding beginners get started and it's easier to trust someone to not include malicious code if the source code is released (although the assembly could always contain entirely different code).

No sorry mate, I won't be putting source code anywhere. As much as I encourage new modders. I will only offer my full help.

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on April 12, 2014, 02:27:03 PM
Quote from: iame6162013 on April 12, 2014, 12:39:03 PM

Oh. If you think that's a lot. You're going to love v1.1.0 which I'll be sending you in 2-3 days.

Much more balanced economy, conveyor belts significantly improved (even considering they are slightly pointless), far more realism in terms of hydro plants, coal power plants and other nuclear power plant, plus some add-ons to the coal power plant and nuclear power plant like there is now with the hydro plant.

Plus more!

think's hmm what woud i say to this ...  I implore u to do that ;)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."