[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Haplo

My advice for you right now is: Don't overreact.
Take a step back, take a breather, and especially: sleep a night over it. And if you tomorrow still think, that you should do so, then do it. But don't make decisions while you're stressed out, as it always results in snap decissions which are most often not what you really would decide when you're cooled off.
So, don't decide anything right now, do it tomorrow. A night away from all the stress always does wonders. :)

The world is full of people, who don't share your views and who will always try to push theirs to be the one accepted. They'll argue and argue. You can only try to explain your reasonings, but even then there are always some, who don't want to hear you out.
The only advice for these situations: Keep cool, sleep a night over it and when you're relaxed and cool, then decide what you're gonna do about it.

Just my 2 cents..
I don't mean anyone special with my descriptions, this is just something I've learned the hard way..

daft73

Celthric Aysen

Hey!
common Calum, don't let this stop you, the Internet is a tough place to be in, just ignore anything that's happening and continue to do what you do best, don't let do things that may ruin your reputation, all you can do is ignore,continue and face it.
Edit: also you should take Haplo's advice.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

kutch

@ Cala13er

I was a long time lurker and had to create an account just to post this.

While the reasons you froze this mod (and assuming taking time off) are unknown to us masses, no matter what thing(s) caused this, you have made my game play fantastic with this work.  There isn't a mod that has so much good stuff, and innovative thinking, as this one.  You've been leading the pack (imho) and would like to wish you best in your pursuits, even if it doesn't involve Rimworld.

Please work through what you have to and come back when you're ready.

Life is a journey and it is what we make of it.....  The overall goal is to have fun and better ourselves.

/back to lurking

Celthric Aysen

Hey guys!
i just want to say thanks for the love and support, we are now getting back to work!
Cheers!
Blackjack and Calum
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

iame6162013

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 01, 2014, 03:20:46 AM
Hey guys!
i just want to say thanks for the love and support, we are now getting back to work!
Cheers!
Blackjack and Calum
Woot :)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

daft73

Garen

question to anyone that uses this mod - how do wind turbines work? ive tried times and they aint working resulting in my colonies never starting

and also some realizations - this does not work with whatever pack uses wire spools. simply put there is no sign of wire spools (which you now need to make powered doors) il do this again to see if that was a one time thing, or if the new metal actually overrides wire spool spawn

in that case, could you add a variant of the simple door? otherwise its impossible to start a colony with those two mods, which would be a great shame because they work so well together otherwise

Architect

Quote from: Garen on May 01, 2014, 02:01:42 PM
question to anyone that uses this mod - how do wind turbines work? ive tried times and they aint working resulting in my colonies never starting

and also some realizations - this does not work with whatever pack uses wire spools. simply put there is no sign of wire spools (which you now need to make powered doors) il do this again to see if that was a one time thing, or if the new metal actually overrides wire spool spawn

in that case, could you add a variant of the simple door? otherwise its impossible to start a colony with those two mods, which would be a great shame because they work so well together otherwise

Uhhh, I think you may be using BetterPower+ with IndustrialRim, and the two really don't mix right now. As much as I would like to work on some compatibility, neither me nor Calum have got our mods to the stage where we are confident that the current features are going to stay the same long enough for major compatibility work to be done. Never the less, that does not mean that it will never happen.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Cala13er

Yeah architect has outlined the problem. Both our mods are getting more and kore incompatible. :/

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on May 01, 2014, 03:13:31 PM
Yeah architect has outlined the problem. Both our mods are getting more and kore incompatible. :/
More and Kore ... Whut :P
hmm this does sound cool ;)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

Wow, I'm making so many typos tonight! FFS

mujina

Thanks for making this great mod,its the reason im currently addicted to rimworld since it adds so many features - anyway I have a few requests/ideas i would love too see in the mod (or hopefully someone explain to me how they would be done if it is all-ready possible).

Firstly I tried to setup setup a system of convener belts next too all my all my hydroponics bays where once harvested the raw food would be dumped into an industrial hopper and then taken down the line to the storeroom but I was having problems with both extreme backup along the line and colonists just placing the items back into the hopper. I have a few ideas to solve this but a few of these solutions would make good additions for different reasons anyway, heres the list

• Sorting Plant - This could be a big building which automatically sorts items onto different convener belts, so items wouldn't get stuck on the line if there is only one hopper at the end accepting a single type of item or if the player wanted different resources to go to different location - would also remove backup on the line which is a big problem?

• Convener belt loading platform - this would would allow colonists to simply place items onto the convener belt and then have them move along the line

• Storing Unit - this would be placed at the end of the convener belt line and would automatically store different types of resources in large quantities? maybe you could just attach a new kind of hopper around the outsides which would then let the colonists collect the item.

• Loading hopper - a hopper right at the start of the line for just putting items into which would then take it down the convener belt line, would it be possible too add an area control value like with the cook stoves so only things near it get loading into it meaning you don't have colonists bringing items to it from all over the base.

• Barbed wire - Currently I have been using sandbags in large amounts to slow down attacks since people move much slower when moving across them however it sucks that it gives them lots of cover, would it be possible for you to make barbed wire which slows down enemies even more than sandbags when crossing over them, and also have it so (like with sandbags) they dont get targeted - i think it should also have a crazy amount of health since you cant exactly shoot away barbed wire and its going to be within an area where all the gunfire is pointed at.
again thanks alot for this great mod, i will have a think about other features and then post here if i have anymore ideas

mujina

also underground / convener belts which lets colonists cross them, having problems blocibg off large areas

Cala13er

Quote from: mujina on May 01, 2014, 04:55:46 PM
also underground / convener belts which lets colonists cross them, having problems blocibg off large areas

Already working on those :), as for all your other ideas, I've taken them on board :)