[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Cala13er

Quote from: kutch on May 01, 2014, 12:55:37 AM
@ Cala13er

I was a long time lurker and had to create an account just to post this.

While the reasons you froze this mod (and assuming taking time off) are unknown to us masses, no matter what thing(s) caused this, you have made my game play fantastic with this work.  There isn't a mod that has so much good stuff, and innovative thinking, as this one.  You've been leading the pack (imho) and would like to wish you best in your pursuits, even if it doesn't involve Rimworld.

Please work through what you have to and come back when you're ready.

Life is a journey and it is what we make of it.....  The overall goal is to have fun and better ourselves.

/back to lurking

That brings a tear to my eye. Thank you sir.

mujina

New idea :)  - Could you add a blast door which simply closes when powered on - was having problems colonists leaving the base to try to repair damaged walls and such during an attack getting themselves killed, and would like a way to lockdown my base, from both the inside and out - It would be even better if you could make it so raiders target it as a priority item (like turrets) to direct and control the attack a bit more. Should properly be a very expensive item if it gets a priority attack flag with a reasonable amount of health! thanks a lot.

Cala13er

Quote from: mujina on May 02, 2014, 09:13:17 AM
New idea :)  - Could you add a blast door which simply closes when powered on - was having problems colonists leaving the base to try to repair damaged walls and such during an attack getting themselves killed, and would like a way to lockdown my base, from both the inside and out - It would be even better if you could make it so raiders target it as a priority item (like turrets) to direct and control the attack a bit more. Should properly be a very expensive item if it gets a priority attack flag with a reasonable amount of health! thanks a lot.

That's always been part of my plans, but never got round to it. Great idea though :) thanks.

nyuck

Why on earth (and beyond) are you adding branded 21st century firearms?  That is bizarre.

Austupaio

Yeah, it's not like there are GLOCK, Lee-Enfield and Colt products in the game...

Also, and this applies to Tynan's core weapons and Industrial Rim's, these are 20th century weapons with the exception of the Magpul.

Cala13er

Quote from: nyuck on May 02, 2014, 02:21:46 PM
Why on earth (and beyond) are you adding branded 21st century firearms?  That is bizarre.

What? Why not.

Garen

Quote from: Cala13er on May 01, 2014, 03:13:31 PM
Yeah architect has outlined the problem. Both our mods are getting more and kore incompatible. :/
im really grateful for that, good luck to the pair of you. pretty much all i ask is for a simple door varient. Ive realized its a wierd combination between power+, industrialRIM and Wood Economy. it results in not being able to make powered doors, because you need wire spool, but the indRiM metal takes over those spawns. resulting in it taking much longer to make a room.

though part of my trouble is simply not understanding how to get the wind turbines to work  ;D

Cala13er

Quote from: Garen on May 02, 2014, 03:45:11 PM
Yeah architect has outlined the problem. Both our mods are getting more and kore incompatible. :/
im really grateful for that, good luck to the pair of you. pretty much all i ask is for a simple door varient. Ive realized its a wierd combination between power+, industrialRIM and Wood Economy. it results in not being able to make powered doors, because you need wire spool, but the indRiM metal takes over those spawns. resulting in it taking much longer to make a room.

though part of my trouble is simply not understanding how to get the wind turbines to work  ;D

My turbines should work perfectly. I think it's obvious that better power+ is overriding my turbines so it would be on that side.

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Cala13er on May 02, 2014, 04:47:24 PM

My turbines should work perfectly. I think it's obvious that better power+ is overriding my turbines so it would be on that side.

Yes IRIM Turbines work fine wherever you place them, but the Power+ ones need the front and back free (at least 1 tile) for them to work

Cala13er

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on May 02, 2014, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: Cala13er on May 02, 2014, 04:47:24 PM

Yes IRIM Turbines work fine wherever you place them, but the Power+ ones need the front and back free (at least 1 tile) for them to work
That will change ;). Dll turbines soon

daft73

Added my 2cents: Selected yes. I would like to see a well done Steam Economy. Steam has a decent power output, and can be slightly dangerous. That bit adds a sense of adventure.

Cala13er

Quote from: daft73 on May 03, 2014, 09:44:36 AM
Added my 2cents: Selected yes. I would like to see a well done Steam Economy. Steam has a decent power output, and can be slightly dangerous. That bit adds a sense of adventure.

That is our plans, Steam economy will continue from our water economy.

daft73

Quote from: Cala13er on May 03, 2014, 09:45:19 AM

Fantastic Cala13er.  :D

Cala13er

Quote from: daft73 on May 03, 2014, 09:47:32 AM
Quote from: Cala13er on May 03, 2014, 09:45:19 AM

Fantastic Cala13er.  :D

I hope you're prepared to have to handle Water and Power, Water is becoming a heavy part of industrial rim. And eventually Steam ;)

Panzerov

I don't understand how to use the "Raw Metal Smelter" it is powered up, but it just sits there and my colonists doesn't interact with it.

Great mod! I'm sure i am just being dense.