I think I have the wrong kind of food problem.

Started by Crowbar Felt, June 12, 2016, 01:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowbar Felt

As the title says, wrong kind of food problem. So good its bad.

I had to extend my storage room again. I literally have to go modding so I can have more space.
Someone's organ harvested.  x5

Argelle

impressive :)
fear of starving?
I'm curious of what are the eel like things with a red spot?
Trunk from clown elephant?

Crowbar Felt

Its from a mod (I think its what that is) called Fish Industry. I have three piers for colonists to get happy and fish freely at. I did not expect it to overflow with fish based products so fast. Also pretty nice that I live on the coast too.

Shurp

Mod traders so they show up and you can sell the stuff.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Vaporisor

Make more meals, waste less time fishing and have some funstuff.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Crowbar Felt

Fishing is the funstuff and my colonists live off of Lavish Meals, and I just wait for traders to sell off meals to them now. Also, I got extended storage which takes care of most veggie storage but not so much meats.

b0rsuk

Crowbar Felt

I never heard of this phrase before. "Use fewer mods." Whats that? (Sarcasm)
Really, its one mod. I decided to use Skullywag's storage and it really helps clean my now 20k food stuffs. (Not including stuff still on the fields.)

b0rsuk

It's advice, like with posts above. Mods have less balancing and thought in general put into them.

cultist

Buy 1000 chickens and feed them nothing but lavish meals.

Listen1

Quote from: cultist on June 13, 2016, 09:52:21 AM
Buy 1000 chickens and feed them nothing but lavish meals.

Now that's something I'd pay to see. I would do it even better:

Chose someone to be the King.
Rename him "Da King"
Makes his room/walls/furniture of gold.
Make the colony cook lavish meals and have dogs/pigs haul it to the king.
Make the king feed the chickens these lavish meals
Make the rest of the colony starve
Feel proud that you made something amazing.
Post screenshots

To achive that play with areas and other restrictions. I would make all the colonists nude, on winter, but that's just me.

muffins

Something similar to that happened in my current colony. I was almost out of food, it was -30C outside, the chickens were collapsing due to starvation, and my colonists kept feeding the last few colonist meals to the downed chickens.

Vaporisor

Quote from: Flying Rockbass on June 13, 2016, 12:54:23 PM

Chose someone to be the King.
Rename him "Da King"
Makes his room/walls/furniture of gold.
Make the colony cook lavish meals and have dogs/pigs haul it to the king.
Make the king feed the chickens these lavish meals
Make the rest of the colony starve
Feel proud that you made something amazing.
Post screenshots

To achive that play with areas and other restrictions. I would make all the colonists nude, on winter, but that's just me.

I had done something similar.  My paychopath story.  The psychopaths lived in luxury marble mansions, the rest lived in small wood shacks.  There was a spot to drop off all the foods they farmed.  Then their cook transfered lavish meals to the rich people and their worg.  The transfer stockpiles make for a very fun roleplay experience of ruler and servants.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Agent00Soul

Quote from: Shurp on June 12, 2016, 04:09:27 PM
Mod traders so they show up and you can sell the stuff.

You've put this about trading in nearly every thread since the last release..

Enough already, your opinion on traders has been noted.

Listen1

Quote from: Vaporisor on June 13, 2016, 09:10:26 PM
I had done something similar.  My paychopath story.  The psychopaths lived in luxury marble mansions, the rest lived in small wood shacks.  There was a spot to drop off all the foods they farmed.  Then their cook transfered lavish meals to the rich people and their worg.  The transfer stockpiles make for a very fun roleplay experience of ruler and servants.

I have to try something like that, making a noble artist in an enourmous luxury room, and all the rest of the colony would work for them in bad conditions.

But... I just bought Hands Of Fate on HumbleBundle and that game is just good. Good narration, good story, nice combat, and thrill at each turn.