[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Cala13er

Quote from: xBlackfieldx on June 16, 2014, 09:17:07 AM
I just had an idea about how to expand this mod : Since it allready has a automated way to gain ores why not make so so you can research automatic butchers(having an effect like crafting level 15 or something like this) and/or automatic farming?
But please keep in mind this is just a suggestion since I would like the mod as it is released as soon as pssible :P

I will add it to my to do list :), On holiday. So won't be available for a week.

Space Kraken

Cala13er

Quote from: Space Kraken on June 16, 2014, 02:20:42 PM
I can't wait till this mod is updated to alpha 4

:) I'm working as fast as I can, but unable to work on it till sunday.

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on June 17, 2014, 05:00:59 AM
Quote from: Space Kraken on June 16, 2014, 02:20:42 PM
I can't wait till this mod is updated to alpha 4

:) I'm working as fast as I can, but unable to work on it till sunday.
can't wait for alpha 5 :P
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

kiko

Inspired by xBlackfieldx idea for automatic animal farming  , i go another idea....

One can make lasers and nukes ,but one is unable to build fridges to keep meat fressh...

Or corpses... :P

Cala13er

Quote from: kiko on June 17, 2014, 10:13:31 AM
Inspired by xBlackfieldx idea for automatic animal farming  , i go another idea....

One can make lasers and nukes ,but one is unable to build fridges to keep meat fressh...

Could you explain that further? I don't really understand how you've put it :) sorry.

forsaken1111

Quote from: Cala13er on June 17, 2014, 01:07:37 PM

Could you explain that further? I don't really understand how you've put it :) sorry.
Sounds like he'd like a storage bin that keeps corpses and meals fresh.

Architect

Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

kiko

Quote from: forsaken1111 on June 17, 2014, 01:35:49 PM

yes.. that's right. I've been playing modded Rimworld for some time, and every time i kill something and don't bucher it ,after 2-3 in game days  it says  that it is rotten..
It doesn't do anything, but it would be nice if it make the meat useless.(and eating rotten meat has chance to poison or kill your colonist or make them useless 1 day cause of stomach ache  .. :) )
Reason for a fridge :after automating animal farming it should give us a ton of meat soo...a fridge would be nice :D

I mean if it is posible.. :D

Cala13er

As much as that sounds cool Kiko, That's not really something I'm going to be doing for a while. I'm mostly concentrating on parts that actually have something to do with Industrial Rim. I mean yeah, I've added some random things in v1.2.0 & v1.3.0 (I'm working on both at the same time, yeah, I'm not very efficient but it means that v1.3.0 won't be released long after v1.2.0, not sure if that's good or not but yeah) For example, in v1.3.0 I've added a plantation which requires a colonist to be assigned to it and it will grow crops (Currently only potatoes work with it) at a pretty fast rate (Currently 4.0 efficiency). The plantation will use all available tiles within a 4 tile radius (Planning to make them work similar to Tropico 5 Plantations), in which 4 stages of growth will occur (1 - Layer soil, 2 - Fertilize soil, 3 - Grow plants, 4 - Harvest plants). Stay tuned for more spoilers! ;) But yeah, I don't want to be going out of my way to add non-industrial like features into this mod. I may make add-ons at one point though so look out for a new release topic titled (Mini-Industrial Rim Add-ons). I would just add them to this topic but crowd is a problem. I've got quite a few things that I've put aside from the mod, for example: A pretty stable Oil economy.

Edit : I've noticed a few grammar errors, please excuse me. Big paragraphs is not at all one of my specialities.

xBlackfieldx

Quote from: kiko on June 17, 2014, 02:15:42 PM
Quote from: forsaken1111 on June 17, 2014, 01:35:49 PM

yes.. that's right. I've been playing modded Rimworld for some time, and every time i kill something and don't bucher it ,after 2-3 in game days  it says  that it is rotten..
It doesn't do anything, but it would be nice if it make the meat useless.(and eating rotten meat has chance to poison or kill your colonist or make them useless 1 day cause of stomach ache  .. :) )
Reason for a fridge :after automating animal farming it should give us a ton of meat soo...a fridge would be nice :D

I mean if it is posible.. :D

I honestly only thought about some building to put dead bodies in and get the meat out not direckly something that would kill or even breed them for you since that would be a little bit overpowerd as there are only adults in the game so a new muffalo would pot out and give you 160 meat just like that.... would not realy be hard to survive anymore then...

Edit: Sorry messed up and wrote myy answer in the quote >.<

Cala13er

I completely agree, plus you messed up your comment ;). I was originally going to add a muffalo breeding pen, but I scrapped that because it made muffalo meat a not so hard to maintain resource.

kiko

well when i think a bit yea....it will be overpowered...it was just idea though ...

P.S. sorry for my bad English..i don't get the chance to write much plus its not my main language...

Cala13er

Quote from: kiko on June 17, 2014, 05:37:08 PM
well when i think a bit yea....it will be overpowered...it was just idea though ...

P.S. sorry for my bad English..i don't get the chance to write much plus its not my main language...

It was a welcome idea :) Thanks anyway :)