[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave-In-Texas

I discovered to my amusement that my animals seem to prefer seltzer to hay/grass etc.   Quite handy in the middle of winter when something causes food to run low and steel is plentiful.

cuproPanda

Quote from: flankspeed on October 10, 2015, 12:47:12 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on October 09, 2015, 12:05:03 PM
The issue with animal taming has been known for a while, but I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it; the colonists just assume anything consumable can be given to animals, including beer and chocolate. Maybe in A13 this will be different, but until then that's what I do - forbid the drugs once hauled.

-face palm- I just noticed you already had it listed it in the Known Issues section of the mod. Sorry

Actually, I just added that after you mentioned it. I meant to add it earlier, but I forgot to.

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on October 10, 2015, 05:49:43 AM
I discovered to my amusement that my animals seem to prefer seltzer to hay/grass etc.   Quite handy in the middle of winter when something causes food to run low and steel is plentiful.

This is similar to the issue above. Are the animals getting full from them? Sodas being consumed is an issue with the way consumables are handled in the base game, since every consumable is considered animal-safe.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: cuproPanda on October 10, 2015, 01:02:35 PM
The issue with animal taming has been known for a while, but I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it; the colonists just assume anything consumable can be given to animals, including beer and chocolate. Maybe in A13 this will be different, but until then that's what I do - forbid the drugs once hauled.

-face palm- I just noticed you already had it listed it in the Known Issues section of the mod. Sorry

Actually, I just added that after you mentioned it. I meant to add it earlier, but I forgot to.

This is similar to the issue above. Are the animals getting full from them? Sodas being consumed is an issue with the way consumables are handled in the base game, since every consumable is considered animal-safe.

indeed it is.   they get some food value from it but are not getting full.  i didn't try to quantify it when i noticed it but i did notice they were somewhere around 1/2 to 2/3 full if memory serves.. no idea what food level they were at before feeding - although the way they ALL swarmed the seltzer they may have been quite hungry.  i've since adjusted where the soda is stored so now its the colonists who get to swarm it :)

cuproPanda

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on October 10, 2015, 03:53:01 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on October 10, 2015, 01:02:35 PM

indeed it is.   they get some food value from it but are not getting full.  i didn't try to quantify it when i noticed it but i did notice they were somewhere around 1/2 to 2/3 full if memory serves.. no idea what food level they were at before feeding - although the way they ALL swarmed the seltzer they may have been quite hungry.  i've since adjusted where the soda is stored so now its the colonists who get to swarm it :)

Well if you're not already using it, v1.30 of Soda Brewing added a food rack, which can help to store sodas and other "meals" in a more convenient way. I normally put 2-4 racks in my dining area. I used to use refrigerated racks(separate mod), but in alpha12 they no longer work correctly, so I made my own that doesn't require power and doesn't try to keep foods fresh. Perfect for sodas, chocolate, beer, MREs,  etc.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

TLHeart

Food tray storage racks with CCL work great for storing food, and keeps them from spoiling. The CCL even has the code for the food storage tray to work with alpha 12.

cuproPanda

Quote from: TLHeart on October 10, 2015, 06:18:49 PM
Food tray storage racks with CCL work great for storing food, and keeps them from spoiling. The CCL even has the code for the food storage tray to work with alpha 12.

That's the claim, but as far as I can tell it doesn't work, CCL or not. The meals still count down 5 days, then disappear. I tried Beantek, the CCL example, and some other mod which I can't remember.

TLHeart

here is the modified code I am using that works, no 5 day countdown.

[attachment deleted due to age]

cuproPanda

Quote from: TLHeart on October 10, 2015, 06:56:43 PM
here is the modified code I am using that works, no 5 day countdown.
It still gave me a countdown, and then the food disappeared. Expanded Storage was the other mod I tried, btw. Even with the code you provided, the same problems happens. Are you using CCL 12.3b?

TLHeart

okay here I have modified the beantek storage tray, and it works with no countdown.

I am using Community Core Library v0.12.3b

And the critical part, vanilla tweaks.

from the CCL web page,

"Vanilla Tweaks" is entirely optional, "Community Core Library" is not.  With only the core installed, you will only get the auto-gen help and no other changes will be made to your game. The "Vanilla Tweaks" makes changes to the core game buildings to make use of CCL functionality.  It is highly recommended and the only reason not to use it is if a mod tells you not to (which it shouldn't, baring overhauls).

I tested in my game, and removed the vanilla tweaks, and yep the storage tray has a countdown, enable vanilla tweaks, and it says refrigerated, and works.

[attachment deleted due to age]

cuproPanda

But... I'm using Vanilla Tweaks, too. I don't get it... I downloaded the file, I'll try to figure this out tomorrow. I have been using a modpack with 53 mods, 17 of which are custom personal mods, so it's quite possible there's a conflict somewhere.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Philliyo on October 11, 2015, 12:26:49 PM
Loving this pack so far, but I have a question.....

Where do you get the silicon to build the heavy power cable, the stuff you can make in the smelter isnt the correct silicon.
I don't have silicon or heavy power cables in any of my mods. Sounds like an issue with Mechanical Defense if memory serves.

Philliyo

Quote from: cuproPanda on October 11, 2015, 02:33:49 PM
Quote from: Philliyo on October 11, 2015, 12:26:49 PM
Loving this pack so far, but I have a question.....

Where do you get the silicon to build the heavy power cable, the stuff you can make in the smelter isnt the correct silicon.
I don't have silicon or heavy power cables in any of my mods. Sounds like an issue with Mechanical Defense if memory serves.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread.

cuproPanda

Big update for RimPharma, v2.00!

Added Medical Rack
Added CCL as a dependency
Made medicines more potent
Added tales for colonists high on pills
Increased cost of medical strength drugs
Reduced stack limits to 10 to limit cargo pod imbalance (500+ pills being delivered)
Added Papaver, papaver seeds
Added Reishitake
Added Strychcyx, strychcyx berries
Added Vinawinkle, vinawinkle petals
Added Pharmaceutical Production research (Unlocked after Hospital Bed research) - allows for knockoff drug manufacturing
Added Granulation Mill, machine used to process plants into drug particles
Added Pill Press, small machine used to form pills from drug particles

If you don't already have it, get Community Core Library before downloading the new version.

harpo99999

cupropanda, just one little suggestion, could you put the release dates in the post for each of the mods?

cuproPanda

Quote from: harpo99999 on October 12, 2015, 05:11:02 PM
cupropanda, just one little suggestion, could you put the release dates in the post for each of the mods?
Starting today, I'll add them to the main page. I list the version numbers for all of them so it doesn't get confusing, but putting the date would be helpful, too.