[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

carpediembr

Aditional Joy Object: When trying to "upgrade" a book rack, it gets consumed instantly and nothing else happends.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 01, 2017, 09:06:42 PM
Anyone know a way to get core panda to work?

It won't, or shouldn't. It's for A15.

Quote from: carpediembr on January 10, 2017, 01:50:53 PM
Aditional Joy Object: When trying to "upgrade" a book rack, it gets consumed instantly and nothing else happends.

See Love's thread, my mods aren't updated to A16.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Danielz

where is the A15 download-link?

i coudnt find the A15 download for non steam users (dropbox/mediafire/...)
in some posts you said you would have updated it to A15
i would be happy if you could reply me with a link
i dont check my email very often so it would be good if you reply me with a post
i have attached a screenshots of the downloads i found

im sorry if i made any mistakes with posting or spelling, im new here and not english

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

zmadz

it's the first link you see in the text, working a15 versions

Danielz

Quote from: zmadz on January 27, 2017, 03:07:57 PM
it's the first link you see in the text, working a15 versions

thanks that was so easy  how could i have not seen this

Malachi_Draven

I'd really love to see these mods updated for A16. Especially the Zen Garden and Powerless ones. Base building just isn't the same without all those pretty hedges, fountains, and blue pylons...

shadowstitch

I also count myself among the people who truly miss these mods.

I considered the CP mods to be all but required after using them in a14-a15. Just about everything it added felt like it should have been in vanilla. I'm trying A16, and I just can't get used to playing without it; I find myself going back to a15 because the game just feels incomplete now.

I've gathered a few mods to help fill in the gaps, but it's still not the same. I miss not having dig spots, sand for sandbags, and the glass for windows, bottles, and lights. Why are we making sandbags out of steel? Basic things like wells, water, storage racks, toggled vents and sinks should be part of the base game, no question. Besides the core additions, I sorely miss Expanded Power. The insulated batteries and conduit were brilliant, and none of the substitutes I've found really measure up. At least we got a semi-standalone Additional Joy Objects as a consolation.

cuproPanda

I plan on working on the mods again sometime in June or July. I still have a lot to do for my game, and I have a ton more to learn. My savings are running thin, so I plan on going back to college for a year and getting a job after that - something simple to pay the bills while I keep working on my mods and on my game. The A17 versions of my mods will be different; I'll have to strip down what I have so I can regularly maintain them. I was getting a bit carried away with my mods before, adding features that didn't make a whole lot of sense and not fully flushing them out before releasing them, just for the sake of experimenting and pushing myself to learn more. It was fun - for me, and for players, I'm sure - but I need to return to the basics and add good content that works well, enhances the game, and is fun to play with.

What to expect:

CorePanda will be stripped down to the bare minimum to avoid forcing players to use content they don't want. Hopefully just code, but some things like basic materials may remain, depending on how I structure my mods. I'll try to restructure them to avoid needing to do this.

Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, and Quarry will remain mostly untouched, except for a few tweaks (especially AJO).

Powerless will need to be changed to account for the new caravan system, something I didn't properly prepare for before.

Cupro's Alloys will may be shelved or maybe combined with into a new mod which includes new stone types, minerals, and the Extra Floors mod. I've done a lot of geological research for my game and would like to add ~12 new types of stone, but I'm not sure whether this would actually be a good addition or just complicate things.

Expanded Power will remain, but I would like to add new features and further refine what I have so far.

Zen Garden will need restructuring. I like it, but not how it works. I don't know if there's a way I can make it easier to construct the raked gravel, but I'll try. I'd also like to add some new flowers and garden stuff, moving away from being strictly for rock gardens.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

faltonico

Thank you again for your mods, they were wonderful in A15, and the partial port for A16 has been very good to have. I wish you the best in your enterprise, and I hope we will see you again sometime soon.

cuproPanda

I'm locking this thread so the posts don't get too cluttered with old mods. When my mods are ready, I'll create a new thread. The older mod versions will remain, and I'll link to the new thread in this one and link to this one from the new thread, assuming I'm able to edit my posts after locking.

Thank you everyone for the praise and support!