Destroyed colonies

Started by johnakers, July 07, 2014, 12:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnakers

I just got destroyed by some droids, killed everyone.  That gave me an idea though.

How about whenever we are defeated, we get an option to upload that map to the game server?  That way there's another option for people to play on a map that contains a defeated colony?

Any remaining structures though that require research cannot be used until the new colony researches it.

BetaSpectre

I sense the dwarf in you.

If you ask me it should be like the continue from Project Zomboid you just get a new set of colonists after your old ones kick the bucket.

It also resets the difficulty although in a barren world there may be no hope...
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Headshotkill

The colony should be randomly damaged though, walls missing, parts collapsed, ...

johnakers

Quote from: Headshotkill on July 08, 2014, 05:44:54 AM
The colony should be randomly damaged though, walls missing, parts collapsed, ...

I like that, like a 100 years or so decay from the time the last colonist were there.

Telkir

Yep, coming from a Roguelike background where some games let you fight the ghosts of previous characters you played, I very much like this idea!

milon

I just realized you can kind of do this now.  Set the speed on x3, wait a number of days to let nature wreck the colony a bit, then turn on Dev Mode and spawn a colonist or 3.  You'll get random guys with no change to re-roll them, but that adds to the fun.  You can pretend that they just dropped in from a space-wreck and carry rebuild the old colony.  :D

vagineer1

Quote from: milon on July 09, 2014, 03:00:03 PM
I just realized you can kind of do this now.  Set the speed on x3, wait a number of days to let nature wreck the colony a bit, then turn on Dev Mode and spawn a colonist or 3.  You'll get random guys with no change to re-roll them, but that adds to the fun.  You can pretend that they just dropped in from a space-wreck and carry rebuild the old colony.  :D

But then the problem that those three colonists may be incapable of doing basic survival task like building growing or fighting.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

milon

Quote from: vagineer1 on July 09, 2014, 03:03:00 PM
Quote from: milon on July 09, 2014, 03:00:03 PM

But then the problem that those three colonists may be incapable of doing basic survival task like building growing or fighting.
Sure, and if that happens you either pray that you incapacitate or rescue others, or else you can Destroy them spawn other new colonists.  I'm not at home now, but I think it's the left-most menu of the 4 dev symbols.  It's the one with the big list of things you can spawn/do.