[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Cala13er

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on May 07, 2014, 08:04:56 AM
Removing what and placing new what?
a stack, like Metal is one... what is that name again
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

Quote from: iame6162013 on May 07, 2014, 08:07:04 AM
Yeah me know but what's removing and placing new ones?

user27

Quote from: Cala13er on May 08, 2014, 04:09:17 AM

i think he is talking about ether the conveyer belts or the hoppers..
but i could be wrong

edit: could you make an underground copper mine for those of us that have the bad luck of getting planets without any copper? ( im shure its there i just haven't found it yet..)

iame6162013

Yes,i was talking about coveyorbelts...
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

Quote from: user27 on May 08, 2014, 08:12:36 AM
Quote from: Cala13er on May 08, 2014, 04:09:17 AM

i think he is talking about ether the conveyer belts or the hoppers..
but i could be wrong

edit: could you make an underground copper mine for those of us that have the bad luck of getting planets without any copper? ( im shure its there i just haven't found it yet..)
Wait? I don't think it's possible to get planets that have no copper. It's quite common in the gen so that's odd. Well 1.3.0 is coming along amazing! Although I'm going to have to make a tutorial considering it's completely changes the Industrial rim economy. ;). Underground copper mine is going to be implemented and will replace the carbon underground mine as carbon has been completely removed.

Austupaio

I haven't had any landing sites with no copper at all, but I did get one that only had ~500 on the entire map. ;D Mixed thoughts on you adding a mine for it though. On the one hand, it can be very rare, essentially making you entirely reliant on Industrial Traders. On the other hand, if there's a mine then you never have to do any above-ground mining, which feels a little cheap.

With carbon being removed, how is steel made? Probably a good change though, you never needed much steel so carbon was a little useless.

Finally, if I may make a suggestion for 1.3.0... higher power requirements? Running a mine that gives you, essentially, tons of free metal takes very little power, about 2 or 3 lamp's worth.

Feels too easy to power a massive mining complex. One geothermal vent lets you run several highly technologically advanced and fully automated underground mines, meaning that metal isn't really a coveted resource with this mod.

Have you considered a silver mine?

P.S. I don't think I've commented here before, love the mod.

Cala13er

Going to update the changelog to show you what's happening in Industrial Rim v1.3.0. It takes a new path. Being far more balanced and less messy and rushed like v1.1.2.

user27

the lack of copper was found wile trying to play on regular casendra,
the map had no copper laying about at generation and i diden't see any exposed vains of copper

edit: found this in the changelog for V1.1.0: "--- Conveyor Belts will now unforbid items when moving them into an Industrial Hopper"
what happened to that?

Cala13er

Quote from: user27 on May 08, 2014, 02:35:51 PM
the lack of copper was found wile trying to play on regular casendra,
the map had no copper laying about at generation and i diden't see any exposed vains of copper

edit: found this in the changelog for V1.1.0: "--- Conveyor Belts will now unforbid items when moving them into an Industrial Hopper"
what happened to that?

Were you using any other mods along with Industrial RIM when you did that?

And sorry, I removed it last thing but didn't take it out of the changelog. It didn't go as planned :/

dannyepsin

Cala13er

Quote from: dannyepsin on May 10, 2014, 07:18:09 AM
im liking the look of that changelog

Thanks, going to be adding alot of features, so expect that changelog to explode.

Crimsonknight3

I am wondering if you already have a new textures made or in the works for the hydro plant? (and every machine to do the hydro power for that matter) if not I am going to try and improve on the current textures.... I am complete amateur and may not even be able to make a decent one but I am going to try anyway as (sorry) they look kinda awful in comparison to all the other textures haha If there is one in the works though I will just be patient :)

Cala13er

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 13, 2014, 09:59:57 PM
I am wondering if you already have a new textures made or in the works for the hydro plant? (and every machine to do the hydro power for that matter) if not I am going to try and improve on the current textures.... I am complete amateur and may not even be able to make a decent one but I am going to try anyway as (sorry) they look kinda awful in comparison to all the other textures haha If there is one in the works though I will just be patient :)

We do already have replacements :) Thanks anyway.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 13, 2014, 09:59:57 PM
im trying to do my best to make new textures but i have limited time and im currently helping out evul on an update for E-vehicles, but no worries, theres alot of new textures on the next update for rimworld :)
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"