[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Hey, For some reason your mod is causing the comms table to be un usable.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Building_CommsConsole.GetFloatMenuOptions (Verse.Pawn myPawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours.Detours_FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 opts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours.Detours_FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
"There is no such thing as second place, Only first loser."

joaonunes

Quote from: gustavoghe on January 03, 2017, 05:49:22 PM
I dont like the fact that pawns wont grab the right type of ammo automatically.

Are you speaking about them picking ammo without having a loadout set for them?
If that's the case then I understand now what people mean by "automation" in this mod :P That is indeed a good idea, perhaps setting a max ammo quantity that a pawn can carry at any given time or having a set number of max ammo for x weapon
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

blaxblade

Please, bean bullets doesn't work; how can i fix?

Lady Wolf

Quote from: blaxblade on January 03, 2017, 06:58:57 PM
Please, bean bullets doesn't work; how can i fix?

I can confirm this, every time you fire a bean bag there's a error message that appears int he dev window. (When I get a chance to play again I'll list the exact error)

jose1996

Arrows are not used when firing from a bow, at least a short bow. Can anyone else confirm?

Devon_v

Adalah217

Quote from: joaonunes on January 03, 2017, 05:33:26 PM
Quote from: Adalah217 on January 03, 2017, 05:23:00 PM
Half the mod revolves the use of ammo. It's impractical to remove it entirely.

Ultimately, a good solution would have the mod use fewer types of ammo. This is exactly what my goal is right now as I make a compatibility patch for LewisDTC's weapon mods. I'm not sure how to override CR's ammo so it doesn't appear though. Anyone have any thoughts?

That doesn't really sound like a compatibility patch... That compatibility patch would break the mod for every other weapons mods that would also have a compatibility patch.
I think what you want would require a complete rewrite of Combat Realism, same as removing the ammo system.

Yes it would break other mods using CR but the only other option would be to have a unique ammo for each weapon in DTC, which would not work for many reasons (mainly in terms of labor writing the damn thing). I don't think it will be much of a problem for many people using the DTC mods in the first place because they're so different from other weapon mods. DTC already overwrites all of vanilla's weapons, breaking any sort of balance others try to achieve in the first place.

I think a rewrite sounds disingenuous, as the mod is largely untouched and not packaged within the patch. It's not the same as removing the ammo system in terms of gameplay. The goal is to rename the ammo so it just uses the closest analog ammo in the ammo. For example, rifle AP, FMJ, and HP ammo will be redirected to just use generic bullets, so hopefully compatibility will be preserved, but that's a long-term goal.

Adalah217

Also, is anyone else getting a bug when a pawn runs out of ammo?

Exception ticking Eridani: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.Verb_LaunchProjectileCR.TryCastShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Verb_ShootCR.TryCastShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Verb.TryCastNextBurstShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Verb.WarmupComplete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Verb_LaunchProjectileCR.WarmupComplete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Verb_ShootCR.WarmupComplete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Stance_Warmup.Expire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Stance_Busy.StanceTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Stance_Warmup.StanceTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_StanceTracker.StanceTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

The pawn firing was named Eridani. This is 1.6.9.2 CR loaded right after core only with latest release. Just want to confirm if anyone else is getting this before reporting it as a bug. Only happens when running out of ammo for any given weapon.

Marduk

Quote from: Adalah217 on January 04, 2017, 05:03:02 AM
The pawn firing was named Eridani. This is 1.6.9.2 CR loaded right after core only with latest release. Just want to confirm if anyone else is getting this before reporting it as a bug. Only happens when running out of ammo for any given weapon.
Yeah, got the same, talked about it, last round in weapon disappears instead of firing if the pawn have has nothing to reload with in inventory.

Krolon

Quote from: jose1996 on January 03, 2017, 11:13:19 PM
Arrows are not used when firing from a bow, at least a short bow. Can anyone else confirm?
I had same bug, you just have to click right mouse button on reload button and select arrow manually, just like chosing ammo without loadout and then bows are working fine. CR is not selecting them automatically just like in guns when mag and ammo of same type is depleted because... bow doesn't have mag.

Adalah217

Quote from: Marduk on January 04, 2017, 08:00:02 AM
Quote from: Adalah217 on January 04, 2017, 05:03:02 AM
Yeah, got the same, talked about it, last round in weapon disappears instead of firing if the pawn have has nothing to reload with in inventory.

Thanks for confirmation.

Quote from: KrolCwanPL on January 04, 2017, 08:36:09 AM
Quote from: jose1996 on January 03, 2017, 11:13:19 PM
I had same bug, you just have to click right mouse button on reload button and select arrow manually, just like chosing ammo without loadout and then bows are working fine. CR is not selecting them automatically just like in guns when mag and ammo of same type is depleted because... bow doesn't have mag.

I'll have to try this. It's still a major bug even with this "fix". Thanks!

minakurafto

how to cancel or hold fire mortar(81mm)? and also it cant force target when unmanned, but when manned pawn will shoot at will if can, then we must wait reload again

and in CR we cant smelt weapon (melee & ranged) ,right?

can we have food(/other thing) to be included in loadout? because armed pawn usually cant carry food(auto drop) and sometime when haul food to stockile it may repeat drop and take meal for "eternity"

kunyomi

I noticed my pawns weren't taking their Malari-block Penoxycyline every 5 days as per the schedule I set for them, the only thing I could find was this: https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5e63zz/colonists_wont_take_malariblock_as_scheduled_by/ reddit thread.

Is CR causing issues with drug policies, and if so is there a workaround? Having to take it manually on every colonist every 5 days is kind of a pain in the butt

Encrtia

Quick Query.

Can someone post a screenshot of the "Bill" tab containing ammo creation?

I'm fairly certain it's a mod conflict (to which, I'll just live with it), but I presently can't see any ammo beyond 81mm (not 90), grenades, arrows & 2 ammo crates. Also, the loading table has 0 bills available. Again, probably a mod conflict... but asking just in case I'm blind.
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

skyarkhangel

Update to v.1.6.9.3
Fix apparel drop from inventory
Fixed colonists following drug assignments
Chinese translation
Make ranged and melee weapons smeltable
Decrease chance to hit friendly target for 70%
Fix consume food button not appearing in pawn inventory tab