Request Torture Mod

Started by megatech2795, January 11, 2017, 01:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megatech2795

Hello I know this sounds strange but let me explain. I'm sure we've all seen it, that one character ALWAYS screws you over. Whether its the guys who always has a mental break due to drugs, or the guy who just has constant mental breaks at the worst times. We as players can get incredibly angry at these things and I know as a fact i'm not the only one who has killed or arrested one of these colonists. A torture mod would be just something really cool to see. Whether it be.. well I won't make any examples as to not hinder those here who get queasy or such easy. Anyways focus the mod however whether it be on pain, injury, pointless torture, etc. I would just like to see something like this as a mod. Thank you for your time. And besides using luciferium gets old.

amodchecker

making a mod like this would be somewhat easy..   even if it would make a number of modders and players uneasy
*gets out the saw* so..   what do you want?   if you would rather not gross/creep out users/players on the forums out feel free to send me a PM with what you want, i could likely do most of what you want to inflict on the unfortunate troublesome colonist
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

Seeker89

I was just think about this last night. I thought it could act like a mood boosting joy activity...

Thirite

As a game mechanic it could be used to inflict stockholm syndrome on prisoners. In effect, lower their recruit difficulty. Or just be for cathartic joy for punishing the bastards.

Seeker89

Depends on how in-depth this mod is going to be. It could be even a deterrent for other pawns not to break. Like law enforcement. Like you had a mental break lit something on fire and gotten a good beating for it, or humiliated for it... so you will most likely won't do that again...
Depending on traits you could have pawns miss to torturing others, and other who won't.

Huivn

Yes, this could be used just for the hell of it, or as a way to break prisoners. Maybe combine it with some kind of slavery mod later down the line.

megatech2795

All great ideas. I think the only reason a mod like this hasn't surfaced before is because no one ever took the initiative to bring it up.

megatech2795

Hey if any of you have any further ideas for the mod you can post them here or PM them to me if you think its too graphic for those with soft stomachs. (they shouldn't be reading this anyways) but nevertheless I would love to hear you suggestions!

faltonico

Quote from: megatech2795 on January 11, 2017, 08:11:48 PM
Hey if any of you have any further ideas for the mod you can post them here or PM them to me if you think its too graphic for those with soft stomachs. (they shouldn't be reading this anyways) but nevertheless I would love to hear you suggestions!
hmmm...
Inquisition machines?

megatech2795

Maybe. Inquisition machines might be an idea. Tell me your thoughts on torture robots?

faltonico

I was just throwing ideas at you, i don't really want to get involved ;p
Quote from: megatech2795 on January 12, 2017, 12:04:05 AM
Maybe. Inquisition machines might be an idea. Tell me your thoughts on torture robots?
Never heard of them.. and I wouldn't want to meet them either xD

Another matter is, if you want this to work you would have to get rid of the dead on downed chance. A mod already does that, might want to add its functionality.

megatech2795

Nevertheless thank you for your input. Also would you link the mod for getting of the dead on downed chance? That way everyone in the thread can access it. Making it easier for anyone who wants to mod this.

faltonico

Quote from: megatech2795 on January 12, 2017, 12:37:04 AM
Nevertheless thank you for your input. Also would you link the mod for getting of the dead on downed chance? That way everyone in the thread can access it. Making it easier for anyone who wants to mod this.
No RNG in Death, by Mazacik.

Toggle

One room, one prisoner, a lot of squirrels. There's your torture method.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

megatech2795

Hey everyone we found someone who can write the code but we need someone to do the sprites and textures for the mod. If anyone wants to volunteer post here or you can PM me. Thank you again.