[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rutefly

Quote from: minami26 on July 12, 2014, 09:25:50 AM

Hey guys, Releasing the alpha5 TechTree Minami Update!
Update v2.5 adds a tremendous amount of excitement and playability to the game you just can't hide it.

also it makes the game harder but super replayable.

Omg.. OMG its a MONSTER !  ^^

esk81

Rly love this mod/overhaul. Minami, your ideas are excellent!
I wait for your updates with same intensity as i wait for ty's updates.

esk81

I started a new randy colony today but im at day 60 and no events happend, just some sparking oil lamps and short circuits in rain... no merchants arrived, no attacks. Anyone can confirm this?

Sindrael

Installed this mod and I love the attention to detail.

That said, I'm having a tough time getting going along the various research paths before the story teller AI starts to hammer away at my colony.  Any tips on research path progression?

damblaon

I may have found an imbalance: Shattered rocks produced on the stonecutters bench greatly increase colony wealth. As a result one finds himself overrun quite easily since even a single order of rocks produces a huge pile of them, sending the wealth chart and threat value skyhigh. I accidentally made 500 of them and got besieged by an army of greedy pirates eager to get their hands on them. :o

P_ndaa

Whenever I use the mod, I don't spawn with the CRT. Can someone help?

theapolaustic1

Feels like something's wrong here. I can't seem to get the "solar scrap panels" anywhere, no matter where I look. There doesn't seem to be any indication on where I'm supposed to get them, either.

I also didn't get the drop pods to deconstruct at the very beginning, though I think that's on my end (changed some of the worldgen info to use the custom colonist mod), spawned in the makeshift tools myself. Is the scrap solar panel supposed to be part of the initial drop as well, and I just busted that without noticing?

unergarments

Traders bugged for me doesnt matter how long i wait can only call in expensive trade ship which limits what i can do as it doesnt sell everything, the mod is unplayable unless someone can help me with a possible fix?

Reysuke

Quote from: P_ndaa on July 13, 2014, 01:01:01 AM
Whenever I use the mod, I don't spawn with the CRT. Can someone help?
Had same problem. Activated the mod as last. worked for me fine

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on July 13, 2014, 05:32:43 AM
Feels like something's wrong here. I can't seem to get the "solar scrap panels" anywhere, no matter where I look. There doesn't seem to be any indication on where I'm supposed to get them, either.

I also didn't get the drop pods to deconstruct at the very beginning, though I think that's on my end (changed some of the worldgen info to use the custom colonist mod), spawned in the makeshift tools myself. Is the scrap solar panel supposed to be part of the initial drop as well, and I just busted that without noticing?
You can get the scrap solar panels by deconstructing the drop pods ^^

minami26

Quote from: esk81 on July 12, 2014, 06:06:48 PM
I started a new randy colony today but im at day 60 and no events happend, just some sparking oil lamps and short circuits in rain... no merchants arrived, no attacks. Anyone can confirm this?

You are playing on alpha5 right?
if so, randy isn't as exciting now, but i figured randy is more balanced now than ever :) it's just the merchants thing, I'm gonna make a quick update for it.

Quote from: Sindrael on July 12, 2014, 07:29:42 PM
Installed this mod and I love the attention to detail.

That said, I'm having a tough time getting going along the various research paths before the story teller AI starts to hammer away at my colony.  Any tips on research path progression?

The most efficient way to research progression is mainly to Research all 4 starting research on all branches. All of them are basically the important starting equipments. Then you can decide whether to go the Turret Defense way, or you can make weapons and make mortars and the missile launcher.

also use the TRAPS! super helpful
use them like this:    TrapHole:NetTrap:Caltrops
put it like that in your base entrance.
as just the GunPost for defending the colony will screw you right away.

Quote from: damblaon on July 12, 2014, 09:33:18 PM
I may have found an imbalance: Shattered rocks produced on the stonecutters bench greatly increase colony wealth. As a result one finds himself overrun quite easily since even a single order of rocks produces a huge pile of them, sending the wealth chart and threat value skyhigh. I accidentally made 500 of them and got besieged by an army of greedy pirates eager to get their hands on them. :o

Thankyou for reporting this! I think I forgot to lower the price for them. and also because of alpha5 calculating wealth at higher rates.
-so that's why I lose right away after 3 raids in cassandra. haha.

Quote from: unergarments on July 13, 2014, 07:10:52 AM
Traders bugged for me doesnt matter how long i wait can only call in expensive trade ship which limits what i can do as it doesnt sell everything, the mod is unplayable unless someone can help me with a possible fix?

actually the expensive trade ship sells everything.
I've been playing a colony and Alpha5 has lower events happening and more shock attacks.

I'm going to make a quick update, and make a cheap Tradeship caller for 50silver that only has 30% chance of "ANY" kind of trader coming.
It will hail the transmission after 1 day or report that no tradeship has come, that should balance it..

or maybe we should change the Expensive Trade ship and make prices normal but a higher calling fee?
What do you guys think. :D

---------------
as for everyone else. When you load this Mod together with another Mod that uses the MapGenerator def folder, you will lose the CRT and DropPod spawns. make sure the Other Mod that you are using together with TTM doesn't use the MapGenerator def Folder.

this mod is fine to use with mods that only adds items and more buildable stuff like clutter. you only get to have them early on.

As Reysuke has said, if you want this with other mods load this mod last. The next fast update should include a more useful starting message that says what to do when you land on the RimWorld with absolutely nothing.
it will say to $deconstruct the droppod and CRT if you want them moved.

Thanks for checking the mod out!

damblaon

Thankyou for reporting this! I think I forgot to lower the price for them. and also because of alpha5 calculating wealth at higher rates.
-so that's why I lose right away after 3 raids in cassandra. haha.

and while you are at it, could you also check prices on other wall/building materials like wood, planks, etc. I think that normal bricks' price may also be a bit imba.

BTW, totally loving the mod.

sidfu

looks like TT mod for cotton and such dont work it conflicts with the need berries for the basic meal. its probaly cause recipe calling for rashberrys where if u use tt it removes rashberrys

unergarments

Sorry that was my first post so i was not clear with what i meant, on a plus 100 days game i had no other traders at all appear and i had a working comm station and beacon since day 50, i checked the files at with my limited modding knowledge it looked like traders were still supposed to have a daily chance of appearing but did not but i will clean install and see if it was a bug casued by having a previous mod installed and unistalled, on the note of 50 silver to have any trader appear at a 30 percent chance that sounds like a fantastic idea as the luxury ship had almost everything but didnt sell weapon drives for constucting weapons or sell slaves, as much as i am against slavery(real world) i liked to think i was saving them evertime i bought one in rimworld  :D, but i think thats just a bug with my game.

as much as it pains me to say this pit traps are completely overpowered i was able to wall off my colony then just put one at either side of the door going into my colony and get 3-4 power armoured mercenaries in the one trap at a time which made it too easy so that might be worth looking into.

the animal consumption rates are set too high seems that squirrels eat as much as muffalos and humans which mean they would be very fat squirrels indeed! but when i wall off my comunity which does not take much of the map up the animals eat the entire outside world barren and end up starving to death from about day 40 onwards if you could tweaj the animals consumtion rates so that muffalos ate the same amount as colonists but squirrels and boom rate at 1/8th as much it might stop this from happening.

apart from that this is an amazing mod and your custom events are awesome too(especially like the 3 crash landed colonists emergency event) its even sparked my interest into trying to get a bit more modding knowledge and having a go myself  :), keep it up its great, also have you checked out Miscellaneous w. MAI's mod as incorperating this mod into your very late game research and trading would be excelent for getting that late game longevity(its about contructing robot helpers that are not op). Thanks for replying to my original post   ;D

Xadhoom

Quote from: minami26 on July 13, 2014, 09:51:57 AM
Quote from: unergarments on July 13, 2014, 07:10:52 AM

actually the expensive trade ship sells everything.
I've been playing a colony and Alpha5 has lower events happening and more shock attacks.

I'm going to make a quick update, and make a cheap Tradeship caller for 50silver that only has 30% chance of "ANY" kind of trader coming.
It will hail the transmission after 1 day or report that no tradeship has come, that should balance it..
That will be awesome! I was only able to buy a Computer Terminal, from a merchant, then he left... and nobody came after him. Now i'm without a enought silver to call another ship, and with almost all research project completed but no way to actually benefit from them (also, i wasn't attacked a single time since i started the game... Randy is pretty boring, now)

Oh, by the way, the net trap slow down colonist ... i'm not sure it should do that.

esk81

Quotealso, i wasn't attacked a single time since i started the game... Randy is pretty boring, now

Same problem here. Randy is no running events at all. I made 3 colonies since last mod update, play 50 or 60 days in each and can count 4 or 5 events in every game, at early beginning.